Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Zephyr The Wind Elemental - Artwork Included [Resolved :)]

Volkovyi

• 3 weeks later...

As a newer player who recently acquired Zephyr and just now saw this concept art... I have to say I'm a little disappointed that DE didn't follow the art more closely. The armor looks sleek and smooth, as opposed to... just a big garbled crap for texture. I don't know how else to describe it.

Which is ironic, given that the wiki states "Light-footed and graceful, the beautiful and deadly Zephyr..." ...when Zephyr's current aesthetic doesn't bring any of that to mind appearance-wise.

A tiny part of me wishes they'd totally redo the model, but I know they don't do that sort of thing (time and money on assets when it's already done, etc) since she's fun to play... but so damn ugly to look at, and the alternative helmets are even uglier than the original.

That said, still love the art. I just wish she'd turned out more like that.

Edited by Zhyzak

I understand but that is not what I meant by finished. I mean this thread is in some ways completed, as the concept made it into the game as created inspiration for the official Zephyr all the way down to the power names and Tengu helmet. While I had plans to create more artwork for Zephyr, there is sort of no reason for me to do so. Of course it is a wonderful way to end a thread, and I am honored to have done so.

I can't find your tengu helmet concept on your thread :/

That said, still love the art. I just wish she'd turned out more like that.

I agree.  I mean Zephyr is absolutely my favorite frame, but the actual concept here looks a million times better.

Still, maybe someday.  This Zephyr is the coolest.

Edited by LazarusDark

I understand but that is not what I meant by finished. I mean this thread is in some ways completed, as the concept made it into the game as created inspiration for the official Zephyr all the way down to the power names and Tengu helmet. While I had plans to create more artwork for Zephyr, there is sort of no reason for me to do so. Of course it is a wonderful way to end a thread, and I am honored to have done so.

yeah, even though its no big deal for anyone but people are still talking bout this even though its kinda fulfilled its role

except most talking bout how everybody (including me) thought your artwork was better

and I like how you added talons as Zephyr's hands and love that 2nd alternate helmet

still you pretty much helped/inspired DE right, and you must've gotten an awesome reward.

and cool that your name is on the wiki that said Grineeer (Scott) was inspired on twitter

Edited by Hunter126

While it is an honest and genuine compliment to hear from almost all of the followers of Zephyr that my art concept is "better" or more beautiful, I warmly encourage Zephyr users inside and outside this thread to reconsider the official Zephyr to be just as beautiful.

While she is one of the most complex designs among the Warframes, there is true grace in her image that I wish I could have been the one to create. The "wings" on her arms and legs seamlessly flow in her anatomy alongside her crest and "tail feathers" to create something truly elegant. Her mess of colors some might say, are more likened that to the patterns of a tropical bird and there are many color palettes that can bring out that style and is not a mess at all.

This being said I love the official design, and the reason I encourage you to do the same is because one could not have existed without the other. Dishonoring her does an injustice to the success my original Zephyr achieved to inspire DE and puts down the very concept I created that everyone likes "better." It may be true I feel a little bit of melancholy that aesthetically the official design barely resembles my own, not even being the same gender, but that is greatly out shined with the feeling of pure honor and joy that I was able to inspire DE with the help of all of the Zephyr supporters.  That is why I ask for us to respect both embodied Zephyrs.

While it is an honest and genuine compliment to hear from almost all of the followers of Zephyr that my art concept is "better" or more beautiful, I warmly encourage Zephyr users inside and outside this thread to reconsider the official Zephyr to be just as beautiful.

While she is one of the most complex designs among the Warframes, there is true grace in her image that I wish I could have been the one to create. The "wings" on her arms and legs seamlessly flow in her anatomy alongside her crest and "tail feathers" to create something truly elegant. Her mess of colors some might say, are more likened that to the patterns of a tropical bird and there are many color palettes that can bring out that style and is not a mess at all.

This being said I love the official design, and the reason I encourage you to do the same is because one could not have existed without the other. Dishonoring her does an injustice to the success my original Zephyr achieved to inspire DE and puts down the very concept I created that everyone likes "better." It may be true I feel a little bit of melancholy that aesthetically the official design barely resembles my own, not even being the same gender, but that is greatly out shined with the feeling of pure honor and joy that I was able to inspire DE with the help of all of the Zephyr supporters.  That is why I ask for us to respect both embodied Zephyrs.

I bet if the official Zephyr resembled yours more, you would have Zephyr as your avatar. I like both, but it's truly a shame that the official Zephyr's image is so far from your own. The name Zephyr is influenced by the west wind. I honestly think DE should make another frame that looks alot more like your concept and name it after another wind. Just my personal opinion.

While your art in this thread is very unique and special, the dragon-Zephyr we got is a hard beauty in its own right.

I think it would be awesome to see a frame with this look, it would have tp be a whole new warframe.

Would you really want that?

I have thpught of doing a fan-model based on your designs, but never got around to it.

While your art in this thread is very unique and special, the dragon-Zephyr we got is a hard beauty in its own right.

I think it would be awesome to see a frame with this look, it would have tp be a whole new warframe.

Would you really want that?

Boreas, North Wind, powers combining wind and ice XD hey DE said they would consider making frames that have similar abilities that current frames have, when you think about it, they do it already.

• 2 weeks later...

Lets make a request to add "Original zephyr skin" it could mean at least 500 buys for a 150-200 price skin (i would pay even 300) its a good deal c:

I do not remember how much the Proto-Excalibur Skin cost, however I do believe it would be in the same price range yes? That is very kind of you to suggest luxurious platinum prices.

We may wish to hold off this request for a little bit longer, I am working on something for Zephyr at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Thank you everyone for showing your support!

As we are able to and as time allows us we will be making all sorts of more concept artwork and fan artwork for Warframe.

On another note those who are supporters for artists in general, I would like to make a plea in the name of a dear friend of mine who is also an artist.

Please consider this Gofundme page - http://www.gofundme.com/fjlm18

I ask everyone who would like to please share this link  for the benefit of a young needing artist!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I may ask for clarification, what do you mean they took a kind of powder?

I think what he means is "What drugs were they taking", in the sense that the Zephyr we got could be considered by some to be an aesthetic downgrade to your original work.

(Personally, I think it's all the greys in her palette that we can't change. They reduced the amount of colorable space, leading to something of a cluttered palette in the areas we could.)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...