Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Zephyr The Wind Elemental - Artwork Included [Resolved :)]

Volkovyi

It is a pretty poor showing that they didn't even mention his name.  Giving a bullS#&$ excuse that his name slipped his mind, lol right.  What annoys me the most is that they kept everything but his design, and the OP's design is so much better looking than the official Zephyr we got.  When as much as taken from the OP's design and used in game, you can guarantee the guy's name is written down and remembered.  Lot of bs in the air on this one, and the OP has definitely showed some class by keeping his cool.

Hard to argue this didn't inspire the new frame in some way.

I personally like the design on this a lot more than I did the one DE put out. Awesome work, shame you weren't fully acknowledged beyond "some guy on the forums".

EDIT: Saw a tweet from scott acknowledging him, put still think that the design here is better :P

Edited by michaelwii

I won't lie.  I can take your version of Zephyr a lot more seriously than the 'Flappy Bird' we got instead.  What concerns me most, however, is the fallout from all of this.  DE really should have handled things a lot better here, which is sad because usually I have nothing but glowing support for them.  Still, their 'YOINK!' mentality was unmistakable and, as a fellow artist, the amount of thought and time you put into this concept deserved more than a mere 750 plat.  Heck, they could have at least given you a seat on the Design Council.

Kudos for keeping a level head, though.  I'd know I'd be pretty humbled for having helped shape something in this game, if anything. =)

Personally I think your design and color scheme look a lot better, but nonetheless, congrats and having such a strong influence on DE and having your Warfame concept make it into the game, even if it's not exactly how you or your supporters had envisioned it.

Once I (finally) build her, she's getting a green color scheme in you honor. :)

I won't lie.  I can take your version of Zephyr a lot more seriously than the 'Flappy Bird' we got instead.  What concerns me most, however, is the fallout from all of this.  DE really should have handled things a lot better here, which is sad because usually I have nothing but glowing support for them.  Still, their 'YOINK!' mentality was unmistakable and, as a fellow artist, the amount of thought and time you put into this concept deserved more than a mere 750 plat.  Heck, they could have at least given you a seat on the Design Council.

Kudos for keeping a level head, though.  I'd know I'd be pretty humbled for having helped shape something in this game, if anything. =)

A seat on the design council would have been just as nice. However, how did you know exactly how much platinum the sum was?

I didn't even though this existed until now, as I came here to post something of my own for the first time ever.

Shame to hear sh*t went down with this though; unfortunately I expect DE has something in their Terms & Agreements that basically says they can do what the hell they want and not need to give credit (because you're using "Warframe" it therefore belongs to them).

I am glad to see that because of the community and a bit of polite diplomacy things got sort-of levelled out.

I also prefer this artwork to what DE have provided us with, however I expect this is also because of rights and etc and also because the WF artists would actually like to do their job, instead of just plain and simply rip artwork from the forums and dump it into game. 

tl;dr: Because DE remade the artwork from scratch, this idea is just that, an idea; ideas are not copyrighted, so DE could make Zephyr without needing to give any credit.

I didn't even though this existed until now, as I came here to post something of my own for the first time ever.

Shame to hear sh*t went down with this though; unfortunately I expect DE has something in their Terms & Agreements that basically says they can do what the hell they want and not need to give credit (because you're using "Warframe" it therefore belongs to them).

I am glad to see that because of the community and a bit of polite diplomacy things got sort-of levelled out.

I also prefer this artwork to what DE have provided us with, however I expect this is also because of rights and etc and also because the WF artists would actually like to do their job, instead of just plain and simply rip artwork from the forums and dump it into game. 

tl;dr: Because DE remade the artwork from scratch, this idea is just that, an idea; ideas are not copyrighted, so DE could make Zephyr without needing to give any credit.

The issue is resolved, they have given us our credit despite that.