Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Zephyr The Wind Elemental - Artwork Included [Resolved :)]

Volkovyi

well its not patented, or copywrited ... therefor:

if anything

you should be happy your idea got enough attention that they atleast accepted part of it into their idea even if it was just the names.

that being said, your idea didnt look like a frame really. i think i said that in one of my previous replies.

Im actually flabbergasted at this. I could have sworn that the OP would have been contacted in some way. This wasnt their intellectual property to take from. While the design wasnt referenced that much, the powers and playstyle certainly were. Id be contacting them if i were you, OP. Id be concerned about this because its too coincidental. I especially dislike how DE didnt even give you credit and merely said "fan concept"

Im actually flabbergasted at this. I could have sworn that the OP would have been contacted in some way. This wasnt their intellectual property to take from. While the design wasnt referenced that much, the powers and playstyle certainly were. Id be contacting them if i were you, OP. Id be concerned about this because its too coincidental. I especially dislike how DE didnt even give you credit and merely said "fan concept"

Sorry, but no.

If you read the Terms of Use Agreement, you'd know that you lose out on that argument as soon as you post on the forums.

A concept was made with the ultimate goal that it would get implemented into the game. In this case, parts of it did, as it is a @(*()$ awesome concept. But that doesn't entitle the creator to any benefits aside from bragging rights. DE should probably acknowledge that their inspiration came from here (Like, in the description, would be cool) just to be good guys, but as far as IP breaching goes, that was forfeit upon posting the concept onto the Forums.

As per the Terms of Use Agreement we all agreed to:

https://warframe.com/terms

5.User Content

The Service may include discussion forums, chat rooms, user feedback, messaging features, comments and other interactive areas or services ("Interactive Areas") in which you or other users create, post, send or store any content, messages, materials, data, information, text, music, sound, photos, video, graphics, code or other items or materials on or through the Website (the "User Content"). User Content posted to the Website is publicly available and not confidential and will become the sole property of Digital Extremes. DE strongly recommends that you not publish any personal information about yourself or others on or through the Website. In consideration of your use of the Service, you hereby transfer and assign to Digital Extremes all right, title and interest in and to the User Content you create, post, store or transmit on or through the Website, including all intellectual property rights therein, and Digital Extremes shall be entitled to the unrestricted use, dissemination and other exploitation of such User Content for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. You are solely responsible for the User Content you post and for your use of such Interactive Areas.

It's common in the Vidya Gaem industry.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

Your right it does say that but if something is copyrighted the company does not own the rights regardless, thats like saying I own pepsi and I post my logo on the forums DE now has the right to use my logo anywhere? No.

Even with that being siad its not right to take the concept this way then claim it as your own. Watching the dev stream the art designer made it seem he came up with the whole thing on his own. Seeing this I am appalled as an artist myself who was interested in making a similar post, now to see this gentleman not even get an honorable mention is distasteful. Volkovyi's not even attempting to make this a big issue, he just wants some recognition for his contribution to the new frame.

Well, none of us are privy to DE's internal design process so we do not KNOW if they used our ideas. I proposed the name Valcyr for the berserker frame. Did they use my idea or did someone there have a brainstorm first? I don't know.

Yes it sucks not knowing if our ideas were implemented, but we did give up all rights to the stuff as soon as we posted on these forums.

I am just going to keep writing fanfictions.

Edited by Kalenath

This is why I don't post my own fan concepts or ideas. This is the same when you work for companies and use their equipment to create something, when you use a company you work for's computers or systems to create a concept they can take full right of it.

I'm not going to go and accuse DE of "stealing" per se, but it's way to familiar for the name, some of the design and move set to be almost exactly the same as the end product.

Sorry, but no.

If you read the Terms of Use Agreement, you'd know that you lose out on that argument as soon as you post on the forums.

A concept was made with the ultimate goal that it would get implemented into the game. In this case, parts of it did, as it is a @(*()$ awesome concept. But that doesn't entitle the creator to any benefits aside from bragging rights. DE should probably acknowledge that their inspiration came from here (Like, in the description, would be cool) just to be good guys, but as far as IP breaching goes, that was forfeit upon posting the concept onto the Forums.

As per the Terms of Use Agreement we all agreed to:https://warframe.com/terms

It's common in the Vidya Gaem industry.

Okay, i understand that, and business is business, but morally here...they couldnt say the OPs name and properly give them some credit beyond the generic thanks given? Dont you feel thats more right? I actually dont post any of my ideas here because while id be ecstatic for something to make it in, I want credit.

This is totally going to discourage people from posting similar artwork/concepts here on the forums. If you're going to use the contributions of the player base you have to at least acknowledge them, by name, and provide them with a copy of the content they created. It seems like they're trying to use the TF2 philosophy of using player-generated content, but that only works because players not only receive acknowledgment and a unique version of the content they created, but also receive money for what they create. Granted, this is just concepts/concept art, but it was still used without permission or acknowledgement. 

I can't help but feel this is going to kill player contributions and create animosity between players and developers. They really need to address this.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1xebh9/zephyr_inspiration_acknowledged_by_grineeer_de/cfakqt1

Apparently Volkovyi was acknowledged via twitter and his clan warlord confirms he received an in-game reward. Rad. 

Edited by Driftwood

Okay, i understand that, and business is business, but morally here...they couldnt say the OPs name and properly give them some credit beyond the generic thanks given? Dont you feel thats more right? I actually dont post any of my ideas here because while id be ecstatic for something to make it in, I want credit.

No need to try and appeal to my better nature; I already agree completely, myself.

I was merely stating that they should, but they don't necessarily have to.