The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

16 minutes ago, (PS4)IrOrphanCrippler said:

These  Players will be able to find new support methods using this system if they are willing to put in the effort.

Nothing in this system stops support play, it changes it .  To quote my friend alad V "market forces dictate that you must evolve or die"

What better sources of strength support is there besides Rhino's Roar, though? As we already know, Eclipse is also on the list. 😛

I suppose you could default to playing Equinox in order to take advantage of her Rage buff which is weaker than either of them, but her main gimmick was always her 4, so at least you'd still have that if people took her Rest/Rage.

It might not stop support play, but it does contribute to making it unnecessary and narrows the viable frames down to those who didn't have their supports given up to Helminth.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)IrOrphanCrippler said:

So don't play Rhino. Or make your roar better by adding "empower" and laughing at lower roar users

I'll have to concede to this only because I don't know what the Helminth abilities will replace. We'll take Empower for example. If it replaces Rhino's 1 and not his 2 or 3, this could potentially work. Trouble is, DE didn't specifically explain what it replaces.

Here's something I haven't heard anyone talk about yet... Specters...

Can you imagine a Wisp Specter with Protea's Dispensary instead of Will-o-Wisp (Wisp's 2)? Not sure how good the 1 star specters are, but a 2 star uses the Reservoirs quite well...

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, Syndis said:

Can you imagine a Wisp Specter with Protea's Dispensary instead of Will-o-Wisp (Wisp's 2)? Not sure how good the 1 star specters are, but a 2 star uses the Reservoirs quite well...

Thoughts?

That's definitely an interesting thought. I use Octavia as a specter because of her utility and scaling damage, but replacing something like Metronome with Protea's Dispensary for free energy could have some fantastic outcomes.

And that's probably why it's not going to happen. XD

22 minutes ago, Syndis said:

Thoughts?

Its very likely spectors will use default abilitys, since they dont use our configs.

I didn't see any dmg reduction abilities in the list (correct me if i'm wrong here), maybe we could have Mesa's Shatter Shield, or Gara's Splinter Storm e even Zephyr Turbulence.

Actually the only damage reduction we have here is Novas, but it is very restrictive since it needs a lot of duration and can't be recasted or refiled without a nova.

Ps. Splinter storm won't scale damege without other gara skills

il y a une heure, Pizzarugi a dit :

I'll have to concede to this only because I don't know what the Helminth abilities will replace. We'll take Empower for example. If it replaces Rhino's 1 and not his 2 or 3, this could potentially work. Trouble is, DE didn't specifically explain what it replaces.

DE did show us, and you can choose which abiltiy your replace.

54 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Its very likely spectors will use default abilitys, since they dont use our configs.

Are you sure they don't use our mod configs?

The mods are ranked Bronze (common 1 star), Silver (uncommon 2 star), Gold (rare 3 star), Platinum (rivin/Prime/etc 4 star) ... I'm pretty sure the specters can only use mods up to their mod/star level ... it's a hold over from the Solar Rails that used to be in the game.

36 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

DE did show us, and you can choose which abiltiy your replace.

I assume this was shown during their Tennocon stream?

If you have the power to choose what ability you get to swap out for the Helminth abilities, that would ensure Rhino is still useful by pairing it with Empower.

Does this also apply to ability swaps between frames? Take for example replacing Octavia's Resonator (2) with Protea's Dispensary (3)?

Just now, (PS4)Drakegoneos said:

Does the umbra and other frames become sellable as credits in the inventory when this update comes. 

Furthermore does umbra gets to be submitted into the helminith program. 

Umbra is the closest you're going to get to Excalibur Prime, so he's probably not going to be allowed to be subsumed.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Drakegoneos said:

Why does the Excalibur umbra, skiajati and paracesis became a non sellable credited warframe than the primes and its origin in the inventory.

because they're mission reward items that DE apparently doesn't want us making multiple copies of. They're meant to be unique, one of a kind, sorta things. 

3 hours ago, Silvertap said:

I didn't see any dmg reduction abilities in the list (correct me if i'm wrong here), maybe we could have Mesa's Shatter Shield, or Gara's Splinter Storm e even Zephyr Turbulence.

Actually the only damage reduction we have here is Novas, but it is very restrictive since it needs a lot of duration and can't be recasted or refiled without a nova.

Ps. Splinter storm won't scale damege without other gara skills

Null Star can't be refilled without a Nova, but because augments work in this system, it can be made recastable. If a 90% DR ability was transferrable, I think you'd need the same rule as with the damage buffs, that it couldn't be used alongside other 90% DR abilities. if that rule existed, Splinter Storm would be a very neat choice for the transferrable one, since you're right, the damage component is gone, and it's a standard 90% DR but one that requires building for, so it's not a universal solution.

We do get Defy, though. It's not strictly DR, but it functions very similarly in practice. Less applicable on very tanky frames or with Arcane Guardian, etc.

5 hours ago, (PS4)IrOrphanCrippler said:

When this already exists in team synergy, why would it be worse to need less players to do the same things we can already do?

Well, the natural example here is still Energy Vampire. Nothing comes close to doing what it does, and it hasn't been made transferrable. If you want unlimited energy for your Saryn or Rhino or whatnot, you need a Trinity, and you still do after this change. (A Garuda or a Protea with Equilibrium has similar energy access, but only for herself.)

I'm not personally excited for any absolute power increases available with this feature, because I know that damage output is relative and the damage we consider ho-hum today was once itself exciting and fresh, but progressively became itself a benchmark, then status quo, then old hat once even stronger options became available.

I'm personally looking forward to doing silly things, like putting Firewalker on Grendel and pretending I'm a lava bomb.

Yep, damage is always the least interesting because it's just a big dial on an arbitrary scale. I'm glad we have Steel Path to make use of this ridiculous damage output we can access now, but it's the least interesting part of progression. 

Firewalker is one I'm looking forward to, but because there are frames without mobility powers. I'm still so psyched that Molt is included, as well - two really good and very distinct options for getting around.

7 hours ago, Syndis said:

Thoughts?

Spectrers use the default config so it will use default ability and 1 star or 4 star they have the same AI. Mean their action will be the same. Best if you want to use it is farming 1 star.

About Roar i like have it so plz DE dont remove it from the list.

I couldn't read 77 pages so this may have been said before:

I am really concerned about Limbo's Banish ability being used for this. People are going to use it to troll, and inevitably, Limbo is going to end up getting a nerf (again) because of a situational issue that is unrelated to the frame itself. I know none of the other frames have this, but you could add his passive as his helminth ability.

Unfortunately, and fortunately, Limbo's abilities synergize so well that banish is the only active ability that could be separated from the kit, but it is also the one that is going to cause the most problems and I don't want to see one of my favorite frames nerfed all over again because of something that isn't a problem except for with people that want to mess with others.

Right now, people that don't want to put up with Limbo's abilities bail of he is in the group, which is totally fine. With banish on potentially any frame, that changes and Limbo himself might end up dealing with the consequences.

If anything, Limbo could just be excluded from the list of frames that can give an ability via Helminth. I know that that, too, would make him the only one with that particular situation, but he is a very unusual frame for the game, and I think it might be better to make an exception, either by giving his passive or leaving him out entirely.

Even making his active into a 25e (or free) ability on its own key instead of on dodge would make some sense - tap it to dash into the rift plane and leave a portal. That way, it's still getting a Limbo ability that has some tactical use by itself, and also fits the scheme of the other Helminth abilities a bit better since it's still an active ability.

Archived