Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some corpus spy missions no longer have their shortcuts. Is this intentional?

IvaraPrime

Like the title says, some of the new corpus spy tilesets have their shortcuts sealed off. Since the shortcuts technically still exist (one of them has an entire air duct system), it doesn't feel intentional. But after running the vaults several times, I noted that they were sealed off each and every time. Is this intentional? Images for reference: https://imgur.com/a/qE4qSkX

11 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

If I am not mistaken at higher levels certain shortcuts can be disabled. I've totally done sorties before where this happened for years.

Some vaults, yes, but the vaults I pointed out specifically never sealed their shortcuts. Besides, this is regular Pluto spy.

For the new Corpus space ship tile sets, they seem to be always sealed off for tier 2 and tier 3 spy levels. 
The only tier 1 Corpus spy on this tile set is Shklovsky on Phobos. You may encounter breakable grates here.

For the old Corpus tile set which is still there on planet-side missions, their grates may still be encountered as breakable on all spy tier levels.

It's silly. You learn the layout for a vault and want to use your knowledge to avoid guards and security measures, only for them all to be barricated so you must take the "loud" route.

It doesn't feel like I'm doing a stealthy intel gathering mission, it feels like I'm just running an elaborate obstacle course.

For those listed in post I have never learned a reliable shortcut for high tier spies. But laser corridor seems to not have shortcut to the console even on Phobos!

For me more inconvenient is this vault where there are no ways inside except shortcuts. On older tileset all doors are hackable even on high levels, so you could just hack open all doors and enter into the vault. However, on new ship doors are simply shut and there's no way to open them. I wonder whether this change was intended >_<.

Archived