Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seer Is Less Accurate Than Braton

notionphil

Yes, its nearly perfect when zoomed in. However, it doesnt make sense for a sniper pistol's hipfire to be less accurate than most weapons in the game (boltor, lex, bratton, soma, snipetron, etc etc).

So what you're saying is, you want to snipe without actually aiming with the weapon?

The system is actually pretty nice, you either get inaccurate hipshots or dead on accuracy with zooming in, a tradeoff that makes sense.

Yes, its nearly perfect when zoomed in. However, it doesnt make sense for a sniper pistol's hipfire to be less accurate than most weapons in the game (boltor, lex, bratton, soma, snipetron, etc etc).

or for the aiming zoom to be so goddamn ridiculous. i literally can't use Seer simply because of that zoom.

still waiting for zoom to be a slider, rather than forced to use some artificial difficulty super high zoom. let me use my aiming skill with a lower zoom that i can actually handle. 

22woei6.jpg

This is one shot (with multishot + lethal torrent), not fired in a burst. Should the game's most difficult to obtain sniper pistol be this inaccurate with a single shot?

And Lex, Vasto and dual vastos still more acc with higher dps thant that.

So what you're saying is, you want to snipe without actually aiming with the weapon?

The system is actually pretty nice, you either get inaccurate hipshots or dead on accuracy with zooming in, a tradeoff that makes sense.

what i am saying is none of the other snipers, or weapons, really, in game face this tradeoff.

why would the seer?

Have you ever shot a sniper from the hip? It's not exactly accurate... Just zoom in.

I have shot a snipetron, lanka, lex etc from the hip. those are 100% accurate.

EDIT: nope, im wrong....snipertron vandal is also not very accurate from hip.

Lex is however.

Edited by notionphil

Have you ever shot a sniper from the hip? It's not exactly accurate... Just zoom in.

Laser sights.  They're a thing.  They help a lot with that sort of hipfire scenario, but I recommend something green around 555 nm - much easier to see the spot, and there's enough light scattered to see the beam path.  Net result?  A point-and-click interface.

Still, I agree - uberzoom and hitscan pair nicely.  I'd consider upping the zoom on Lex and dialing it down a bit on Seer.  On the other hand, having a pocket howitzer you can use to remove helmet contents from half a kilometer away?  It's pretty badass on some of the big wide-open Corpus defense missions.

Laser sights.  They're a thing.  They help a lot with that sort of hipfire scenario, but I recommend something green around 555 nm - much easier to see the spot, and there's enough light scattered to see the beam path.  Net result?  A point-and-click interface.

Still, I agree - uberzoom and hitscan pair nicely.  I'd consider upping the zoom on Lex and dialing it down a bit on Seer.  On the other hand, having a pocket howitzer you can use to remove helmet contents from half a kilometer away?  It's pretty badass on some of the big wide-open Corpus defense missions.

yep i am not hating on Seer.. I have 4 formas in it. It's possibly my favorite secondary, neck and neck w bronco prime.

I just think having it spread like a shotgun at mid range is a little excessive, if I can hipfire a boltor accurately, why do I swing the seer around like a drunken moose?

This is a HANDGUN. And the Seer already has travel time, and an odd tendency to land off-center past a certain range (the latter might just be me). It doesn't need any more strikes against it. This inaccurate hipfire changes the scope from "handy tool" to "almost mandatory to use the gun". Which I could understand if we were dealing with an actual rifle here, but we're not.

or for the aiming zoom to be so goddamn ridiculous. i literally can't use Seer simply because of that zoom.

still waiting for zoom to be a slider, rather than forced to use some artificial difficulty super high zoom. let me use my aiming skill with a lower zoom that i can actually handle. 

Precisly why Eagle Eye is pretty much worthless to me (I don't own it but I used it before. IT WAS AWFUL.)