Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I used to take Nekros to the Grove, but since I got Overextended, I switched to Hydroid, but I don't think Pilfering swarm has ever proced on the guardians. What could be going wrong?

TheArcSet

Question

So, whenever I get a free mod drop booster, I go to SP and empty out all my Nightfall and Sunrise apothetics, for a better chance at rares.

I used to take Nekros, but since I got Overextended, I switched to Hydroid, but I don't think Pilfering swarm has ever proced on the guardians.

What could be going wrong?

Sometimes I do die on SP, and as I'm using dismembering guns, it can take a little while, or sometimes it'll use its ability cancel, but I usually get the swarm back up before it dies and even slam next to it for the passive.

Edit: to clarify, the min squad I take is a Hydroid and Nekros, so each drop should be 2-3+ mods.

Could I be making the range to big , so it slips through the tentacles?
Does it glitch out if you die, or if you don't kill it in the 1st cast's duration?

Any help is appreciated, as wasting the apothetics sucks.

I am not sure what the problem is, but Swarm seems inconsistent (couldn't say for sure that it is, though).

I agree with all three points krc473 makes above.

Regarding the mod drop booster: As far as I know, it only raises the chance, but cannot create extra drop instances. Since grove specters already have 100% chance to drop mods, I would think that it does not affect them.

20 minutes ago, TheArcSet said:

Sometimes I do die on SP, and as I'm using dismembering guns, it can take a little while, or sometimes it'll use its ability cancel, but I usually get the swarm back up before it dies and even slam next to it for the passive.

Why are you dismembering it? Pilfering Swarm has to hit the enemy/enemies while they are alive for it to proc. You are just wasting your time dismembering it. Use a Nekros if you want to do that - the two abilities work in different ways.

20 minutes ago, TheArcSet said:

Could I be making the range to big , so it slips through the tentacles?

If the tentacles cannot hit the enemy it wont work. I wouldn't be using Overextended for this.

• *Edit: I would use it on Nekros. Or for other missions/objectives with Hydroid, but not this.

Nekros is better for this in my opinion.

Archived