Jump to content
Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Nightwave


(PSN)WretchedMoon

Recommended Posts

So, I've just completed the Nightwave. All rewards and all Prestige levels. I had skipped a few of the missions like Lich and Eidolons, but I've maxed. I stayed on top of it, waiting for Sunday's to come around, to look at the list and start checking them off. I currently have 535 standing after purchasing all the seasonal rewards exclusive to this season. I haven't picked up any Potatoes or Kuva.

Now, I understand having to have the season last long enough so "casuals" have a chance to complete it. As of writing this, the 5th act hasn't even dropped yet. 

Here's a potential fix for the discrepancy between "casuals" and "grinders": Put Umbral Forma as a purchaseable reward. Stop capping the levels. 

As of right now, I have 535 standing. If Umbral Forma was 400-500 standing, as of capping at Prestige level 60, I would be able to purchase 1 extra Umbral Forma in a season. Take the cap off? Maybe 2 or 3.

You've been looking for the right place to put Umbral Forma. I think that would be it. No RNG. You want it? Work for it. Not to mention giving the "grinders" somewhat "meaningful" reward, while maybe incentivizing the "casuals" to invest more time. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't place all my chips on casuals, but rather the fact that DE dug a hole too deep with Nightwave and refuse to admit it.

Nightwave is a high-maintenance battlepass with all the rewards and lore involved. And DE has a serious problem with maintaining interest in old content that isn't novelty anymore. They rather focus on the temporary wow factor of new updates, usually.

Though they did take a step in the right direction recently with the revised updates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

without forgetting that the head of such a lore can only be faced using the nw credits. For new and absent players for a long time it will be terrible to have to do missions to earn credits to be able to get such parts of weapons .... the nw for me is a failure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I wouldn't place all my chips on casuals, but rather the fact that DE dug a hole too deep with Nightwave and refuse to admit it.

Nightwave is a high-maintenance battlepass with all the rewards and lore involved. And DE has a serious problem with maintaining interest in old content that isn't novelty anymore. They rather focus on the temporary wow factor of new updates, usually.

Though they did take a step in the right direction recently with the revised updates.

If they reduce the lore/story and stick with a seasonal theme it will be much better to manage. They should stick to 17 weeks, which is 3 rotations per year, and lore/story down from there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 часов назад, (PS4)Hikuro-93 сказал:

Nightwave is a high-maintenance battlepass with all the rewards and lore involved. And DE has a serious problem with maintaining interest in old content that isn't novelty anymore. They rather focus on the temporary wow factor of new updates, usually.

I still miss old alerts. If only they were left in the game with the arrival of Nightwave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

If they reduce the lore/story and stick with a seasonal theme it will be much better to manage. They should stick to 17 weeks, which is 3 rotations per year, and lore/story down from there. 

Indeed. While I do like the lore aspect of it, two things bother me:

  • It greatly feels like filler lore, and that is still good. But initially I had hoped for lore that has more to do with the main story, lore that sheds some light on some of the main events that passed or are still to happen. It just feels too artificial for me, as if it was just barely planned at the last minute for nightwave implementation. It lacks substance, for me.
  • If DE can't deliver a proper nightwave season in a fluid and engaging way, no matter how much I like how it is, then maybe it shouldn't be as it currently is. Maybe it should be toned down, as you suggest. At this point I rather have a lore-less battlepass if it means DE has more time to constantly update just the rewards, challenges and progression tied to NW.
1 hour ago, BloodRavenCap said:

I still miss old alerts. If only they were left in the game with the arrival of Nightwave.

I too think NW and alerts could have coexisted. While some may say we still have Gift of the Lotus alerts, and I enjoy them, I ask - Where are my beloved Forma alerts? Haven't seen one in years, and Forma is such an evergreen reward I did like them as alert rewards. Though I wouldn't want them replacing the potato/riven alerts from Devstreams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...