Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

[Profit-Taker] Leg regen: legs revive when they shouldn't.

Iterniam

• 3 weeks later...

Contrary to the patch notes, the profit taker fight is still bugged. 

I did 3 runs since the update so far and 2 of them were bugged. I recorded one fight.

Here's a video of me shooting the shields down, the legs, and then the main body. Profit Taker should now shoot pylons. Instead it just gets back up, allowing me to shoot the legs and main body again (down to 50% hp) before shooting its first set of pylons.

If necessary I can upload the entire fight.

8 minutes ago, Yggdrazzil said:

Contrary to the patch notes, the profit taker fight is still bugged. 

Correct, but the what you're experiencing in the video you linked is the armor reset bug, not leg regen. You can read about and contribute to the armor reset bug in this thread:

1 minute ago, Iterniam said:

Correct, but the what you're experiencing in the video you linked is the armor reset bug, not leg regen. You can read about and contribute to the armor reset bug in this thread:

I wasn't aware there were separate bug threads for each profit taker bug. My bad. 

Coincidentally, right after posting this, my next profit taker fight had the legs regen, didnt record it though. I'll keep my eye out for it in new runs.

I was just practicing my fitness taker routine 

No recovery leg bugs found so far 

Profit-Taker Run #4 by TP-.--. cleared in 1m 12s 771ms 

From elevator to Profit-Taker took 2.983s. Fight duration: 1m 09s 788ms.

> Phase 1 [0:28]
 Shield change:   5.397s - Gas 4.290s | Electricity 1.107s | Toxin 0.000s | Blast ?s
 Leg break:       3.117s - 2.319s | 0.223s | 0.276s | 0.299s
 Body killed:     0.180s
 Pylons:          9.983s

> Phase 2 [0:33]
 Leg break:       2.118s - 1.252s | 0.238s | 0.368s | 0.260s
 Body killed:     0.215s

> Phase 3 [1:04]
 Shield change:   6.017s - Impact 1.028s | Magnetic 0.338s | Radiation 0.663s | Slash 1.019s | Heat 0.265s | Cold 1.231s | Corrosive 1.473s | Viral ?s
 Leg break:       4.557s - 3.110s | 0.343s | 0.727s | 0.377s
 Body killed:     0.089s
 Pylons:         13.438s

> Phase 4 [1:12]
 Shield change:   1.906s - Puncture 1.219s | Gas 0.071s | Electricity 0.616s | Toxin ?s
 Leg break:       3.587s - 1.733s | 0.238s | 0.291s | 1.325s
 Body killed:     0.114s

> Sum of parts [0:50]
 Shield change:  13.320s
 Leg Break:      13.379s
 Body Killed:     0.598s
 Pylons:         23.421s

13 hours ago, TP-.--. said:

I was just practicing my fitness taker routine 

No recovery leg bugs found so far 

Profit-Taker Run #4 by TP-.--. cleared in 1m 12s 771ms 

From elevator to Profit-Taker took 2.983s. Fight duration: 1m 09s 788ms.

> Phase 1 [0:28]
 Shield change:   5.397s - Gas 4.290s | Electricity 1.107s | Toxin 0.000s | Blast ?s
 Leg break:       3.117s - 2.319s | 0.223s | 0.276s | 0.299s
 Body killed:     0.180s
 Pylons:          9.983s

> Phase 2 [0:33]
 Leg break:       2.118s - 1.252s | 0.238s | 0.368s | 0.260s
 Body killed:     0.215s

> Phase 3 [1:04]
 Shield change:   6.017s - Impact 1.028s | Magnetic 0.338s | Radiation 0.663s | Slash 1.019s | Heat 0.265s | Cold 1.231s | Corrosive 1.473s | Viral ?s
 Leg break:       4.557s - 3.110s | 0.343s | 0.727s | 0.377s
 Body killed:     0.089s
 Pylons:         13.438s

> Phase 4 [1:12]
 Shield change:   1.906s - Puncture 1.219s | Gas 0.071s | Electricity 0.616s | Toxin ?s
 Leg break:       3.587s - 1.733s | 0.238s | 0.291s | 1.325s
 Body killed:     0.114s

> Sum of parts [0:50]
 Shield change:  13.320s
 Leg Break:      13.379s
 Body Killed:     0.598s
 Pylons:         23.421s

edit: I am wrong, nvm

18 hours ago, Iterniam said:

https://youtu.be/u03AhGiHzMk

It took me 9 runs today but I could finally record the leg regen bug. So it's a lot less prevalent at least, but it still happens.

55 minutes ago, Yggdrazzil said:

https://youtu.be/u03AhGiHzMk

It took me 9 runs today but I could finally record the leg regen bug. So it's a lot less prevalent at least, but it still happens.

That's still the armor reset bug, not leg regen. Here's the difference:

For Leg regen, the legs can regenerate or revive both while killing the legs, as well as when you are killing the body. If they regenerate after all 4 legs have already been taken down, both the legs and the body will be vulnerable at the same time, but you can just ignore the legs at that point and continue the fight as normal.
Additionally, leg regen can only occur in the second armor phase when you are fast, or in the fourth armor phase when you are incredibly fast. Based on the runs you've posted, you wouldn't be fast enough to trigger either of them if leg regen were still in the game.

For Armor reset, the legs can only regenerate while killing the body. When this occurs, you will either be able to deal damage to body or not. In both cases, the armor phase will reset (=i.e. the legs are revived) and you have to take them out again to then kill the body as normal. If you were able to deal damage to the body, you have effectively skipped a phase: the fight logic will bug out and you won't get mission rewards.

12 hours ago, Yggdrazzil said:

I could off course be wrong, but I don't feel this bug-thread is the place to share detailed breakdowns of your performance with the quest, if you are not encountering the bug.

The timing in phase 4 actually shows that leg regen doesn't occur anymore in phase 4.

Had leg regen still been a thing, it would have triggered in the fourth phase because the first leg was killed within 5 seconds (1.906 seconds for shields and 1.733 seconds for the first leg), but not all legs were killed within 5 seconds of the end of the pylon phase.

Anyways, @Yggdrazzil feel free to post the video in the armor reset thread again to add to the pile of evidence :)

29 minutes ago, Iterniam said:

That's still the armor reset bug, not leg regen. Here's the difference:

For Leg regen, the legs can regenerate or revive both while killing the legs, as well as when you are killing the body. If they regenerate after all 4 legs have already been taken down, both the legs and the body will be vulnerable at the same time, but you can just ignore the legs at that point and continue the fight as normal.
Additionally, leg regen can only occur in the second armor phase when you are fast, or in the fourth armor phase when you are incredibly fast. Based on the runs you've posted, you wouldn't be fast enough to trigger either of them if leg regen were still in the game.

For Armor reset, the legs can only regenerate while killing the body. When this occurs, you will either be able to deal damage to body or not. In both cases, the armor phase will reset (=i.e. the legs are revived) and you have to take them out again to then kill the body as normal. If you were able to deal damage to the body, you have effectively skipped a phase: the fight logic will bug out and you won't get mission rewards.

The timing in phase 4 actually shows that leg regen doesn't occur anymore in phase 4.

Had leg regen still been a thing, it would have triggered in the fourth phase because the first leg was killed within 5 seconds (1.906 seconds for shields and 1.733 seconds for the first leg), but not all legs were killed within 5 seconds of the end of the pylon phase.

Anyways, @Yggdrazzil feel free to post the video in the armor reset thread again to add to the pile of evidence :)

I'm so sorry. I apologize again (T_T) for mistaking the two bugs. Thanks for your patience and explanation. I'll rename the youtube videos.

After about 1,5 hours of messing around I managed to run your profit taker analyzer script (never used python before >.<, still need to learn how to compile it into an executable). I'll post the log in the other thread.

Congrats on getting this bug fixed btw. You did a lot to get this bug resolved!

20 minutes ago, Yggdrazzil said:

I'm so sorry. I apologize again (T_T) for mistaking the two bugs. Thanks for your patience and explanation. I'll rename the youtube videos.

No worries, I'm (nearly) always happy to help xD

20 minutes ago, Yggdrazzil said:

After about 1,5 hours of messing around I managed to run your profit taker analyzer script (never used python before >.<, still need to learn how to compile it into an executable). I'll post the log in the other thread.

To most people new to Github, the download button isn't obvious. I sure as hell wasn't able to find them in the past. When downloading from Github, you often have to look for 'releases' in the sidebar. Those are (meant to be) stable versions that either come with installers or executables so you no longer have to spend 1.5 hours trying to build the program for yourself. This is what the release sidebar currently looks like - see if you can find it so you don't run into the same issue next time:
x9qx0g2.png

Additionally, I've added a link to it in the README file so people can hopefully find the download button more easily.

33 minutes ago, Yggdrazzil said:

Congrats on getting this bug fixed btw. You did a lot to get this bug resolved!

Thanks! It took a while but I'm happy with the result :)

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Not fixed. It is mid 2023. This bug has been around since the introduction of the Profit Taker. Is DE actually trying to fix stuff or are they literally just copy-pasting some solutions from the internet and hope to make it work out?

The only thing which needs to be done is to check THREE BLOODY conditions:

Are legs down? Yes.

Is body down? Yes.

Is Body segment destroyed? No.

THEN DON'T BLOODY RESET THE LEGS!

Even an apprentice can code this simple if-state logic in C++. No clue how DE codes, but even such simple things are just showing how bad they are overlooking their codes and not caring about it at all. @ DE Staff who codes: If you feel addressed somehow, then you should be sorry for your faulty work.

Archived