Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accessibility request: Anti-nausea for fishing

(XBOX)Kaancer

+1 Even without vertigo and such it's an annoying thing to watch every single time you catch a fish. Many a time I have missed the the opportunity for the fish I'm going after because the catch cut scene adds a few seconds before I can return to fishing again. Perhaps the same toggle could be applied to conservation hunting although that is less frequent.

i support just about any adjustment that's made to games to avoid Motion Sickenss, accommodate Color Blindness, or other low hanging fruit accessibility changes that could be had so easily.

and also because the Cutscene of holding the Fish up is annoying when you do it more than like, a few times an Hour. it's not like we go searching for Fish and fight against one big one for a few minutes and then feel like we beat something - instead we catch Dozens of Fish a minute usually, so the Cutscene gets really annoying.

I'll second (third? fourth?) this. Not because of nausea, but because there is absolutely no justification for the game to rip the controls out of my hands and shove this image of some useless trash wildlife (hello, scrubbers) in my face while immobilising me so that I can be shot repeatedly.

Honestly, what I'd really like to see is some changes to the dev tools so that each and every one of them gets to "experience" what gets inflicted on us. Things like:

-Every time a programmer closes a function body (eg. with a pair of curly brackets), a gigantic dialogue box which covers about 75% of the screen should pop up and give "useful" information like how many lines this function had (the weight of the fish) and some completely useless information ("A subroutine is a function which can be called from other functions for the purpose of code neatness" or something similar). There should also be a random chance of deleting one character somewhere in the function while this happens (because while your frame is holding up the fish and going "ME GET GOOPOLLA, ME AM BEST IN WORLD!!!11", you're busy being shot to death).

-Every time a programmer presses the save or open buttons, or uses a shortcut key combination, they get a large semi-transparent box covering a quarter of the screen which lasts for several seconds saying something like "SAVED!!!1" or "OPENENENED" or whatever relates to the button/shortcut key that got pressed. While this box is up, the computer will accept no keyboard or mouse input and all you can do is sit there and stare at the screen. This is to simulate the effect of mining something and then being unable to mine anything else while you wait for those worthless popups of whatever mineral you just obtained to go away.

-If an animator or 3D modeller moves the mouse more than a very small amount (let's say 10 pixels) in whatever software they use, the pointer will spazz out and shoot itself across the screen in random directions. Anybody who's had the bullet dance gunblade stance inflicted upon them will know exactly what I'm talking about, as will anyone who tries to go backwards while meleeing in about 98% of the stances in this game.

-Whoever it was that is responsible for the rendering code should have the exact same thing done to their coding environment. Whenever they minimise a window, the entire screen needs to burn white in a shining nuclear dawn and then slowly come back down to a semi-usable state. When bringing a window up, the screen should black out and then slowly come back up to whatever semblance of normality it held. When scrolling up and down through the lines of a source code file, the screen brightness should move itself up and down at random while this is happening. And the contrast in each window needs to go up. Way up. WAAAAAAY up.

This game is explicitly trying harder and harder as time goes on to actively get in my way and be obnoxious.

One more vote for this. There are multiple areas where accessibility can be improved, but fishing in particular might be problematic due to the ability catch a lot of fish in a rather short time span, exposing the eye to a lot of whole screen movement with little in regards to rest in between.
As a bonus, if you also have music on, you will hear an elaborate drum performance with each screen change that often doesn't even end before the next one starts. It's a chaotic ensemble of elements that isn't pleasant and to some not even tolerable, but can be easily remedied.

Archived