Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 10.5.0: The Gradivus Dilemma

[DE]Rebecca

Wait so as long as I did 25 missions for each side I can get both the Machete Wraith AND Prova Vandal?

Because what I want to do is do 25 missions for the Grineer so I can get the Machete Wraith and then start supporting the Corpus all the way. Or is the MW and PV like the event badges and I have to support the respective faction to get the weapon?

The way I read it was as long as you do 25 missions you get a melee weapon reward based on who won the war (if you do 25 corpus and the grineer win you get the machete).

Wait so as long as I did 25 missions for each side I can get both the Machete Wraith AND Prova Vandal?

Because what I want to do is do 25 missions for the Grineer so I can get the Machete Wraith and then start supporting the Corpus all the way. Or is the MW and PV like the event badges and I have to support the respective faction to get the weapon?

Way I read it is, regardless of which side you support, the final winning side is the weapon you get. If Corpus win, everyone who did 25 missions gets prova, if grineer win, everyone gets wraith. Seems the only difference your choice makes is whether you get a pre-built or a blueprint at the end for the winning sides gun.

Guest ChipVector

I choose to fight for my sleeping brethren, the Grineer dogs can be pushed back afterwards. Killing them is easy, loosing fellow Tenno is not

"TIER THREE - Complete 100 missions, with the reward determined by two factors: the victorious side AND if you supported them (you did more missions for them, than against them).

IF the Corpus win:

And you supported them: The ferocious DETRON hand-cannon. The Detron will be super-charged along with a new weapon slot!

You did not support them: A DETRON blueprint, reverse-engineered by the Lotus.

IF the Grineer win:

And you supported them: The semi-automatic BRAKK hand-cannon. It comes super-charged and with a weapon slot included!

You did not support them: A BRAKK blueprint stolen from a Grineer datacenter."

I do not like this part of the mission outcomes. While this is the Tier 3 reward and will impact fewer players I must object to a key part.

Only the backers of the winning side will get the Super-Charge and Weapon Slot. The way the Tier 2 rewards are being handled is okay. I wouldn't call them good but okay. I do like the concept solution of having the "losing" side actually make the items out of blueprints, however dropping both the Orokin Reactor and Weapon Slot is basically saying the top players who back the winners in an event with a sketchy setup are going be rewarded with 26 Plat. Actually it is the Weapon Slot grant more than anything that sticks out as dragging this tier down. Unlike Super-Charging weapon Slots are only obtainable through Platinum.

This could use some clarification, so here's my attempt based on the language DERebecca used (warning, this will burst some bubbles):

Tier 1 Reward - Do 5 missions, whichever side you did 3 or more for gets you a badge regardless of event outcome

Tier 2 Reward - Do 25 missions, whichever side wins the event you get that sides weapon reward regardless of who you supported

Tier 3 Reward - Do 100 missions, whichever side wins the event you get that sides weapon reward or the weapon BP if you didn't support them

Therefore 100 missions will get you a Badge, a Melee Weapon, and a Secondary Weapon with the latter two completely depedant on which faction "wins" the event by having more player support (and if you supported them, you get the weapon rather than having to craft it).

This will upset some people, since the rewards are realistically completely out of their (individual) control and rather at the descretion of the community as  a whole.  I for one think that is great, and while the Corpus stuff appeals to me more, either way is cool.  I'm sure both pistol weapons will be added to the game since there is 0 point in DE having put the time in to create them then not use them.  If you don't get what you want, be patient and get it through the other channels.

If my above explanation is wrong, DE please clarify.

Sacrifice. The grineer can't gain any more of a stronghold on the universe, otherwise it will be impossible to bring stability to the universe. Once they gain a stronger foothold in a sector, they will be impossible to root out due to the fact they can keep on cloning themselves indefinitely.

If we want true peace, we must sacrifice ourselves and protect the minorities from the tyrants.

Cmon folks, the ones being enslaved are Corpus. Save our fellow Tenno and ally yourselves with the Grineer!

Should they become a bigger nuisance than what they are right now, we shall just push them back and kill them, business as usual.

If we're to be the wardens in this universe, we must not let our numbers being foiled by corpus.

Let us join forces with the Grineer...for now!

Iiiiiinteresting. I hope we've got a fair bit of time, because I'll be away this weekend on an office teambuilding trip.

Having said that, I don't really care with regard to the weapon options - but then I'm a new player (relatively) and I don't know what I want, except that I want (and have) the Soma, lol.

Lore/RP-wise, I'm supporting the Grineer for this. Ultimately, Tenno are loyal only to each other. We can't let Alad experiment on our Brethren.

Besides, while that might make Grineer stronger, so what? Just means we can level the weapons they gave us, and do that with greater ease. XD