Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tracking footprints should be a different color. Deimos

Lancars

I have a huge problem seeing all the footprints on every planet, a lot of close colours blend together for me. No one colour is going to work for every person and every planet so I have a different suggestion.  We should be able to look through the sight of the tranq rifle to see the trail clearer ala synthesis scanner mechanic. When there is an animal trail it should also create an airborn synthesis trail (you could even make the cubes footprint symbols for theme) that can be seen with the tranq rifle scope. Suddenly it doesn't matter if the footprints dip below the surface of the ground, it doesn't matter if you can't see the colour against the ground, it doesn't matter if the animal jumped 40 feet in the air to land on a surface you can't see from the ground, you can just slow down and check your scope.

A big way to help with this outside of colour would be to give them an above-the-ground trail, like how TLZ: Twilight Princess handled its "track an NPC" mechanic as wolf-Link. Even something as small as the slender shaft of light that appears on regular drops would be a big improvement - have each footstep create a small beam of light for easier tracking if a "gas" trail isn't doable. On Deimos especially tracking is an issue because a large portion of the ground has two mesh layers, the ground, and some kind of meat covering floating above it. It messes with conservation tracks as well as mining nodes. Tracks can just disappear (if they spawn at all), and good luck to you to try to find them again.

On 2020-10-03 at 10:07 AM, (PS4)Maunstre said:

A big way to help with this outside of colour would be to give them an above-the-ground trail, like how TLZ: Twilight Princess handled its "track an NPC" mechanic as wolf-Link. Even something as small as the slender shaft of light that appears on regular drops would be a big improvement - have each footstep create a small beam of light for easier tracking if a "gas" trail isn't doable. On Deimos especially tracking is an issue because a large portion of the ground has two mesh layers, the ground, and some kind of meat covering floating above it. It messes with conservation tracks as well as mining nodes. Tracks can just disappear (if they spawn at all), and good luck to you to try to find them again.

we actually already have an above ground trail in game it could be modelled off of: synthesis target trails. I really like the idea of light beams on the footprints too.

Archived