Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My experience as a new player in 2020

Zarkor

2 hours ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I play Warframe because it’s fun. The core combat loop and the movement in this game are fantastic. You shouldn’t speak for other people.

Did I say that I speak for you?

Literally all the other people on this page are talking about how this is a repetitive game, with no real challenge, that they play because it's more about collecting stuff than having fun.

How about you don't try to speak for other people.

As someone who started the game a year earlier, I can attest that the game is much harder in the earlier parts, than the later parts. I did not have operator. Healing and getting energy was difficult. You had to be carful. I remember bosses were somewhat hard and need much damage to bring down. And yes... Wiki is an absolute must. I even used to cheese stuff with Octavia (which I purchased with platinum). Things were also different before the melee update. Melee weapons were not effective at all in the star chart, back then. Good old days.

Now, it feels like One Punch Man first episode (if anyone watched that). Now, I am just too strong. All you needed is 1 hit 😶.

I play the game for aim gliding and astatics now. 

I said it in another thread, I'll say it here as well:

Warframe is Diablo II in space with some shooter elements, essentially.

You build a character (well, a warframe) so you can farm, you farm and you trade.
The game is harder at the beginning, it's easy with high gear.
You build some more characters, some you can even customize in a manner, so that they are really good at farming a particular activity (say people farmed Ubers in D2 with Smiter or few other builds, they farm Tridolon with several frames). You can even make multiple characters of the same class, but customize them differently.
Farming usually involves running the same level many times, till the item finally drops… and if it doesn’t, you can trade for it.
The game is easy, lacks proper endgame.

There, I just described both Diablo 2 and Warframe.

Does Warframe need to be harder, since it already ticks all those checkboxes?
A little more emphasis on the basic gameplay would be nice, but turning every enemy into a bullet sponge is not the way to do it.
It would require many of the AoE frames to be reworked and the overall pace of the game to be slowed down... and whether the game will remain fun after that, I cannot say...

2 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

Did I say that I speak for you?

Literally all the other people on this page are talking about how this is a repetitive game, with no real challenge, that they play because it's more about collecting stuff than having fun.

How about you don't try to speak for other people.

I’m only speaking for myself, but you spoke for everyone. Not everyone just plays this game to collect stuff.

Also, of course the game is repetitive and easy, that doesn’t mean it’s not fun. Fun is subjective and defined differently by different people, another reason why it’s bad to generalize as you did.

5 hours ago, Surbusken said:

I ragequit the game when they copy-pasted the second planet, venus.

Funnily enough so did I.I had just finished the plains and the quills and I just couldn't do it again.I came back now though and I won't go to any of the "open worlds" .I mean I tried to enjoy them but they suck so bad.I don't want to mine and fish in my looter shooter ,Even in MMO games those activity's are optional and optional for a reason,they are boring.

hace 23 horas, Zarkor dijo:

I'm MR20 at the moment.

How do people increase MR so fast? I played for like a year from the start of 2018 to around december 2019 and got to MR 12 i think or 11, and i came back a bit earlier than you and 2 months have passed and i'm just MR 14, i've always just tried to get more frames so could play differently, good for you on becoming MR20, i 'm just surprised how much you increased, i don't even have my own railjack or many other things. Also i've always had extremely bad internet connection (and i still sometimes have, on rainbow six siege it isn't that uncommon to reach 12499 ping for me) and i rarely bought xbox live so i barely interacted with other players.

Other reason why i didn't increase that much was because i didn't just played Warframe, i mixed in some MHW, DS3 and sometimes R6S.

18 minutes ago, Guiver909 said:

Funnily enough so did I.I had just finished the plains and the quills and I just couldn't do it again.I came back now though and I won't go to any of the "open worlds" .I mean I tried to enjoy them but they suck so bad.I don't want to mine and fish in my looter shooter ,Even in MMO games those activity's are optional and optional for a reason,they are boring.

The inception grind, is this real life, or another grind, made sense up to a point.

Originally grinding for some schematics for, you were still out there unlocking the star chart, you had to earn endo, credits and build your mod collection anyway.

But that does not translate to isolated planet-grind resources. Especially not gating a frame behind an entire planet's worth of isolated content. Grind 5 factions with interlocked content and 25 resoruces, you have to read up on, loctate, read up on the location and convert... on a timegate etc. etc. etc etc.

Just reading the amount you have to do is way too much work and effort for a video game.

The concept was it was supposed to be fun, entertaining and relaxing, used to de-stress and escape from a hard day of work or whatever. It's escapism, it's supposed to be recrational, lol.

But like I said the developers have been spoiled from day 1, with hardcore players willing to do just about anything. Ironically in being the biggest supporter you sabotage the gameplay in never being critical. A point I often bring to developer apologists, that work to defend just about everything like it's a badge of honor.

No different than raising a kid or having a pet, they need training, disciplin and boundaries.

The guy in the office keeps pushing for fake player metrics trying to rationalize fishing, mining etc. needs to be told no. For the integrity of the game and even for their own sake, you gotta keep it real.

2 hours ago, Surbusken said:

The inception grind, is this real life, or another grind, made sense up to a point.

Originally grinding for some schematics for, you were still out there unlocking the star chart, you had to earn endo, credits and build your mod collection anyway.

But that does not translate to isolated planet-grind resources. Especially not gating a frame behind an entire planet's worth of isolated content. Grind 5 factions with interlocked content and 25 resoruces, you have to read up on, loctate, read up on the location and convert... on a timegate etc. etc. etc etc.

Just reading the amount you have to do is way too much work and effort for a video game.

The concept was it was supposed to be fun, entertaining and relaxing, used to de-stress and escape from a hard day of work or whatever. It's escapism, it's supposed to be recrational, lol.

But like I said the developers have been spoiled from day 1, with hardcore players willing to do just about anything. Ironically in being the biggest supporter you sabotage the gameplay in never being critical. A point I often bring to developer apologists, that work to defend just about everything like it's a badge of honor.

No different than raising a kid or having a pet, they need training, disciplin and boundaries.

The guy in the office keeps pushing for fake player metrics trying to rationalize fishing, mining etc. needs to be told no. For the integrity of the game and even for their own sake, you gotta keep it real.

All of your posts seem to be complaining about the grind in WF, so maybe this game just isn’t for you? This game’s grind is modest compared to traditional MMOs, it’s really not that bad.

I’m a very casual player in terms of how many hours I play per day, and I think 95% of this games grind is quite reasonable. So don’t blame the hardcore players for tolerating it, this is just a you problem. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

How do people increase MR so fast? I played for like a year from the start of 2018 to around december 2019 and got to MR 12 i think or 11, and i came back a bit earlier than you and 2 months have passed and i'm just MR 14, i've always just tried to get more frames so could play differently, good for you on becoming MR20, i 'm just surprised how much you increased, i don't even have my own railjack or many other things. Also i've always had extremely bad internet connection (and i still sometimes have, on rainbow six siege it isn't that uncommon to reach 12499 ping for me) and i rarely bought xbox live so i barely interacted with other players.

Other reason why i didn't increase that much was because i didn't just played Warframe, i mixed in some MHW, DS3 and sometimes R6S.

The fact that you can’t play with others that often is probably a big part of your slow progress. You’re missing the affinity bonuses from playing in squads. Leveling weapons and frames is all you do to gain MR.

5 hours ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

I had plat from the packs I bought, and I got a lot of weapons and prime frames from the market that weren't very expensive and I maxed every weapon you could buy with credits or buy the blueprints for credits. I also farmed everything from the relics. I mostly spent time farming resources and leveling weapons/frames at the same time (Helene for Orokin Cells for example, or Io for Oxium). The only frame I don't have yet is Hildryn. I also did invasions and always had a mutagen mass/fieldron/detonite crafting in the foundry so that allowed me to craft a lot of weapons too. I spent most of my nightwave creds on Nitain Extract. 

Archived