Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The poetic irony behind the naberus event complaints

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

15 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

sure you can make anything event good by phrasing it like that, i can do that too but in reverse, 

plague star was bottom tier content that barely constitutes as an event, 

plague stars squad strategies is barely a thing worth glorifying, your either dps, dmg buffer, support, or the transporter, not exactly difficult jobs ingame when most of the time you only have to click a single button or shoot at a very obvious target

i remember being told to off myself in mission when i was recruited because players didnt like the weapons i brought, and having players telling me to go screw myself while leaving in the middle of the match, your experience and my experience are not the majority of the players's experience, these are not truths, but talking points. god its like trying to pass off your opinion as an objective fact, its simply not.

sorry but i dont want to listen to konzu referring to vay hek as a rejected skin graft for over 100 times in a row 

"the concept of one faction sort of invading another faction's open world was a natural design direction that could have been (and still can be) developed"

the new war, scarlet spear ring any bells to you?

and there were many bad things about plague star, im not invalidating anyones opinions aside from the ones who say this event is "objectivley" worse then plague star, when most of them formed their opinions from some warframe youtuber, it has happened too many times to count on the forum to deny such a thing.

what padding are you talking about, ironic how you say this when you smugly used my title in another forum post to make yourself look better until i called you out and you had to come back here with this nonsense response.

it was so-so content that was up to par in terms of quality with the rest of the game, it needed improvement, and maybe we will get a reworked plague star in the future, we really don't know (we won't get the same old plague star, altho some people mention that as a possibility)

i'm not glorifying the strategies, they are what they are

based on what you say. you probably didn't follow the said strategies. the squad wanted you to play a useful role while you wanted to do your own thing. most people follow the efficient route and coordinate based on common principles. if you had played plague star better, maybe you'd be having a better impression of it. 

you don't know what a "talking point" means. it has a negative connotation. stop labeling everything i say as a talking point it doesn't work. 

regardless of you wanting or not to listen to konzu, the voiced lines are popular. another fact that you can try to dismiss as a "talking point" but it won't work

you are invalidating the other side with the ad-hominem smear of them being complainers and drones sent from youtube videos

15 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

what padding are you talking about, ironic how you say this when you smugly used my title in another forum post to make yourself look better until i called you out and you had to come back here with this nonsense response.

i don't receive complaints, if you have a problem with me, call a moderator

1 minute ago, Traubenzuckr said:

it was so-so content that was up to par in terms of quality with the rest of the game, it needed improvement, and maybe we will get a reworked plague star in the future, we really don't know (we won't get the same old plague star, altho some people mention that as a possibility)

plague star will be returning next year

2 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

i'm not glorifying the strategies, they are what they are

"plague star had squad strategies, you could actually be good at it and master it. for many players, it was fun for a while at least, until the well-practiced routine becomes really repetitive"

3 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

based on what you say. you probably didn't follow the said strategies. the squad wanted you to play a useful role while you wanted to do your own thing. most people follow the efficient route and coordinate based on common principles. if you had played plague star better, maybe you'd be having a better impression of it. 

I followed my strategies, i had the misfortune of queing up with terrible people, saying if i played better is not an excuse for people to tell me to off myself.

5 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

you don't know what a "talking point" means. it has a negative connotation. stop labeling everything i say as a talking point it doesn't work. 

talk·ing point
/ˈtôkiNG ˌpoint/

noun

1. a topic that invites discussion or argument.

7 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

regardless of you wanting or not to listen to konzu, the voiced lines are popular. another fact that you can try to dismiss as a "talking point" but it won't work

talk·ing point
    /ˈtôkiNG ˌpoint/

noun

1. a topic that invites discussion or argument.

8 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

you are invalidating the other side with the ad-hominem smear of them being complainers and drones sent from youtube videos

if the other side has so little of an argument that me calling them complainers is what drives you up the walls then there is not point in discussing this any further.

i don't know where you got that definition from 

this is a more precise definition https://www.thefreedictionary.com/talking+point

talking point

n.
A position or planned series of remarks on an issue or an aspect of an issue, especially when used to help guide a person's discourse in public and in the media.

when used outside of the context of advertising and politics it has a negative connotation
calling someone's views "talking points" means they are saying shallow and inauthentic things

2 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

when used outside of the context of advertising and politics it has a negative connotation

Really?

Whenever I hear the phrase, regardless of context, it's always as a neutral term to describe points of discussion.

5 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

i don't know where you got that definition from 

this is a more precise definition https://www.thefreedictionary.com/talking+point

calling someone's views "talking points" means they are saying shallow and inauthentic things

we can go on and on about what the word talking point means, but in the end im not using the word to defame or treat their argument as lower, ive literally wrote paragraphs worth of why their view point is flawed and invalid. If i were to use a word to describe them or you in a lower manner, talking point would not be one of them :)

ps, the i got the definition from google, because i and the rest of the sane world dont cherry pick words to transform them into a negative connotation

the criticism of the naberus thing is centered around there being no mission, no mechanic, nothing to engage with if you have already accumulated mother tokens (if you've grinded cortege you have)

the criticism wasn't centered around "forma farming in plague star was great"

Just now, Traubenzuckr said:

the criticism of the naberus thing is centered around there being no mission, no mechanic, nothing to engage with if you have already accumulated mother tokens (if you've grinded cortege you have)

this is the ONE thing so far that i agreed with and stated in my post is a LEGITAMATE CRITICISM with the event.

1 minute ago, Traubenzuckr said:

and yet thats 70 % of what ive seen in the forums posts around this event.

58 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

That's literally all the complaints boil down to, no one is saying they want plague star because of the mission, it's all about the forma which i will always reiterate that if you just do relics and build them along your logins you shouldn't have a problem with them at all. Hell it's 35p for 3 that's chump plat, and there's the music puzzle on lua that gives built forma. Forma is not hard to get

Complaining about users' complaints isn't a very productive use of anyone's time, so I'm locking.

If you want to contribute in a meaningful manner that makes good use of everyone's time, your best bet is to do one of the following:

• If you like the event and want to provide positive feedback, make a feedback post/thread! Feedback doesn't have to be negative, and positive feedback can be used in just as constructive of a manner as negative because it tells DE that there are players who like certain things, and what to do more of in the future.
  • If you don't like the event and want to provide negative feedack, make a feedback post/thread! Negative feedback is often the most posted since players tend to be more vocal about things they don't like, though when voiced in a constructive and civil way it can help communicate to the developers what players do not like and what players think should be changed.
  • If you like some parts and dislike other parts of the event, make a feedback post/thread! One of the best ways to provide feedback is a mix of positive/negative; identify what works and is good, while highlighting areas where you think things could be improved. Even if you don't have positive feedback about the current event, you can always draw on facets of past events that you did like to provide suggestions for how to improve it.

Lastly, please keep in mind that the playerbase is not a hive mind (even though that would truly make things convenient). There will be those who agree and those who disagree with you, and they are entitled to their opinions just as you are entitled to yours. Just because your views do not match theirs doesn't make their feedback any less valid than yours, just as yours isn't any less valid than theirs, due to feedback being subjective by its very nature. Feedback threads don't have to become a debate club arguing sides either; there is no competition or prize for such.

Archived