Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The poetic irony behind the naberus event complaints

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

I find it interesting that there are people out there saying this event is somehow worse than plague star because DE is handing everything out on a silver platter and we dont have any cool boss fights or whatever. So at first I thought this was a legitimate complaint, this event isnt exactly exciting or fantastical, and its not exactly incentivizing for players that already have thousands of mother tokens . But when I realized that people legit thought this event was somehow WORSE than plague star, I immediately lost all interest in this complaint the current event.

Listen I get that you want to farm the living hell out of forma from the event (even though there are already MULTIPLE WAYS to farm forma ingame outside of a S#&$ty event) but if you think replaying the same stupid boss level over 100 times in a row to get that amount of forma is a good event, then what in the hell is wrong with you? I am going to ask you this

Would you rather A : Play the same mission again and again and again and again to get standing to get forma under a very limited time with a rehashed boss fight that has been consistently bugged to hell and back

B: Get some tokens form very easy bounties, doing it at your own pace (you have 24 freaking days to do this), use whatever load out you want since you don't have to be forced to using the same meta weapons or frames 9 days straight

Please do research into other ways to farm forma (hint: you dont have to spend plat on it!)

Overall the only valid complaint that I have seen about this event is that its not encouraging players who already have thousands of mother tokens to participate (although you can farm some exodia contadion arcanes and sell em ca ching).

What annoys me even more about the complaints about no boss fight or special mission is that I can 100% guarantee that if they were to implement a boss or a special mission people would complain about the mission being boring or unoriginal or repetitive, and we will be in an endless loop of youtube videos complaining and sending their drones to the forums to whine and spout their endless prattle. I think thats what frustrates me the most out of these smug takes and complaints. There's just no winning.

Shrug What GIF - Shrug What Huh GIFs

15 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

I find it interesting that there are people out there saying this event is somehow worse than plague star because DE is handing everything out on a silver platter and we dont have any cool boss fights or whatever. So at first I thought this was a legitimate complaint, this event isnt exactly exciting or fantastical, and its not exactly incentivizing for players that already have thousands of mother tokens . But when I realized that people legit thought this event was somehow WORSE than plague star, I immediately lost all interest in this complaint the current event.

Listen I get that you want to farm the living hell out of forma from the event (even though there are already MULTIPLE WAYS to farm forma ingame outside of a S#&$ty event) but if you think replaying the same stupid boss level over 100 times in a row to get that amount of forma is a good event, then what in the hell is wrong with you? I am going to ask you this

Would you rather A : Play the same mission again and again and again and again to get standing to get forma under a very limited time with a rehashed boss fight that has been consistently bugged to hell and back

B: Get some tokens form very easy bounties, doing it at your own pace (you have 24 freaking days to do this), use whatever load out you want since you don't have to be forced to using the same meta weapons or frames 9 days straight

Please do research into other ways to farm forma (hint: you dont have to spend plat on it!)

Overall the only valid complaint that I have seen about this event is that its not encouraging players who already have thousands of mother tokens to participate (although you can farm some exodia contadion arcanes and sell em ca ching).

What annoys me even more about the complaints about no boss fight or special mission is that I can 100% guarantee that if they were to implement a boss or a special mission people would complain about the mission being boring or unoriginal or repetitive, and we will be in an endless loop of youtube videos complaining and sending their drones to the forums to whine and spout their endless prattle. I think thats what frustrates me the most out of these smug takes and complaints. There's just no winning.

Drop the mic stock photo. Image of square, emoticon - 169291788

*Nods and moves on* that is pretty much what friend of mine said to what you wrote. He is veteran player too and he already had so much mother tokens that he just bought everything he felt like needing and ignored this event. He never criticized the event just said that he was in the position where he doesn't need to care about it. He doesn't like the plague star event grind and half of him almost prefers doing relics than PS. It was fun when it was released and fixed though.

The sad thing is that there has never been any winning with this community.

No matter what the content or changes get in there will be some group moaning about it for every reason they can fathom.

Too easy, too hard, too grindy, not enough to do, boring, fun but unrewarding, "think about the new players!!1!", too repetitive, bug filled for me and no one else, lack of open pubs, too many "inexperienced" players, too much effort to do/learn, and so on. And occasionally we get a lovely update that brings out all of the above at the same time.

Even when players get exactly what they asked for there will be those who say it wasn't enough, it's not what they meant they wanted, or they're on the other side of the fence and were against the change entirely regardless of any potential compromise.

The community certainly isn't a hive mind but man is it impossible to please.

Meh. I'd make the argument that Plauge star gave me something to do.

But at the same time, I really don't want to waste my time with a buggy event where you have to rush in and out like a madman.

I honestly just look at this as a simple celebration instead of an event. You have the money you earned previously and spend it on stuff in a shop.

4 hours ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Sadly this is very true. My only complaint with Naberus has been that it’s not really an event, it’s just a shop, but that point kinda ignores how awful DEs events usually are. In that context, just having a shop is a win.

8 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

Calling it an "event" is still a stretch though. I know we have pretty low bar for those things, but still - this is literally just a shop.

"Events" in Warframe lost their meaning when they added Ghoul Purges lol. I don't consider Operations or Tactical Alerts to be Events. Event is a term I reserve for very light additions that are time limited.

6 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

Calling it an "event" is still a stretch though. I know we have pretty low bar for those things, but still - this is literally just a shop.

Why the hell do people keep saying this?

"Event" simply means something that takes place, which is what's happened.

1 minute ago, Psianide73 said:

Generally “events” in video games involve the player actually having to do something new outside of the normal gameplay loop.

But sure, if you want to take the literal dictionary definition of the word event, then this is most certainly an event. You got me there.

Calling the current nights of naberus an event is like calling baro an event, it's just a store. Plague star gets repetitive yes, but so does doing bounties over and over and over again.

The gimmick missions from past halloween events atleast had you do something different instead of the same old bounties but we didnt even get those back. 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (PS4)ChaosTheNerd:

Well if I'm in the need of forma I think the answer is pretty simple there. No other forma farm can even begin to compare to plague star. Some people would rather get their forma in bulk instead of having to log in every day for a few months to build blueprints. If you dont need forma then that's great for you.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (PS4)ChaosTheNerd:

So the answer is just giving up? Cant please everyone so might aswell release nothing? 

The grind for this so called event is very tame. I started from roughly a 100 mother tokens (I dont have a huge amount of them because guess what, I got bored of regular bounties) and after 4 steel path bounties I have bought almost all the new things, just missing the weapon skins now.

DE has problems balancing the grind with how long a mission is fun to do, dog days suffered from that a lot. But if they stop trying, they'll never get it right. They had a real chance to improve but just didnt bring out anything new.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Psianide73:

oh boy, a dictionary warrior

4 hours ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

You forgot about people complaining about grind. Let's be real here. If DE implemented a new type of currency for this event we would have a number of threads about grind and content islands.

I think the event is fine for what it is. The story is pretty interesting and it gives some stuff to do for people like me, who never bothered with stacking tokens. But it would be nice if there was a special alert at the end of the month.

22 minutes ago, Psianide73 said:

You know what, you're absolutely right!

You and those that think as you do should all register your disdain. You should boycott both the game and the forums for the remainder of the event.

See you next month.

Thanks for proving you’re completely incapable of having a real discussion about this.

That poster wasn’t raising his pitchfork and screaming “DE BAD!” like some people do, he was just pointing out some problems with this event. It’s called constructive criticism, and If you’re only response is “well just don’t play” then you clearly don’t understand the point of constructive criticism and should probably just not comment at all.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Thanks for proving you’re completely incapable of having a real discussion about this.

That poster wasn’t raising his pitchfork and screaming “DE BAD!” like some people do, he was just pointing out some problems with this event. It’s called constructive criticism, and If you’re only response is “well just don’t play” then you clearly don’t understand the point of constructive criticism and should probably just not comment at all.

"Don't tell people not to play"

"Don't comment"

Hypocrisy, thy name is you.

If you don't like what I say, feel free to add me to ignore.

Archived