Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 8's Test — Thanks, I Hate It.

RealmsCrossMyths

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Traubenzuckr:

but the underlying problem here is people playing solo. it's the wrong way to play warframe, especially when starting out. i know there are excuses such as bad connection, but they don't provide grounds for criticism of the game, only that - an excuse

I wouldn't say that playing a mission solo is the problem. Me as an example played at the start also only solo, but I failed this test only once. I think the problem is the lack of interest to learn something. I'm very likely wrong but I know that I had to learn the parcour system to be fast enough to flee from my enemies and it seems that there isn't a reason anymore to learn it.

Important Info: Maybe I'm mixing this test with an other one, but when I did this test I had to jump an flying wall, use wall latch while shooting at a flying ball and only when I was able to destroy it would the next wall appear. I know I cheesed the test by jumping on the top of the wall, but it still wasn't easy, because there wasn't something like bullet- or double-jump.

vor einer Stunde schrieb gbjbaanb:

Yup, I found the stealth one really easy - hide, wait, wait, wait a bit more... then jump-kill-runaway and wait again. It was a doddle.

You are an exception. You don't want to know how many players says the ai is bugged, because they did never learn to wait and look at the enemies...

35 minutes ago, gbjbaanb said:

Outside of bullet jumping I don't think anyone uses parkour except in solo modes.

I disagree about the solo thing - I always played each mission solo before public, simply because experienced players wuld jump off and complete the mission before I even figured out which direction to start going in. Public missions are never a way to learn anything, They're only valid once you already know and want to do it quicker or easier.

This completely. Play on public as a new player and you will miss the mechanics of every boss fight as some high MR will simply one-shot the boss. It kind of destroys the first-impression experience.

1 hour ago, (PS4)isbergen said:

This completely. Play on public as a new player and you will miss the mechanics of every boss fight as some high MR will simply one-shot the boss. It kind of destroys the first-impression experience.

Good news, Tenno... That's not really commonplace. You sort of joined us at a weird time when for the first time in forever, we had a reason for high level players to revisit bosses, en masse. 

And you kind of typically need to do those boss fights a half dozen times to get all of the rewards. Sooner or later you get paired with a lower level squad, and everyone stands there either scratching their heads over what to do next, or scraping one another off of the floor.... At least that's how it felt, to me. 😅

Stick with it, and I'm pretty sure you'll see what I mean. 

Have fun, Tenno. 

I was assessing the knowledge you need to complete each MR challenge.

MR 0 (Tutorial)

• Assuming players know to move mouse and WASD
  • Enemies can be damaged and die
  • Yellow is objective marker
  • Meleeing
  • Crouching
  • Wall hopping
  • Red is another objective marker
  • Consoles can be interacted with
  • Grineer hacking

MR1 (Primary)

1. Primary weapons are a weapons category
  2. Primary weapons can damage and kill enemies

MR2 (Sidearm)

1. Sidearms are a weapon category
  2. Sidearms can damage and kill enemies

MR3(Melee)

1. Melee is a weapons category
  2. Melee weapons can damage and kill enemies

MR4(Surviving)

1. Nothing

MR5(Hacking)

1. Corpus Hacking

MR6(Aiming)

1. Nothing

MR7(Kills)

1. Nothing

MR8(Jump-shots)

1. Bullet Jumping

These were my conclusions for the first 8 MR challenges. This was assuming you learned the least amount possible to succeed.

Based on my findings it is technically possible to never bullet jump before MR8. From the completion of the tutorial to MR8 there is no test for skill relating to mobility. I can thus easily see how MR 8 can be a stumbling block for a more casual player, but I think this thread shows that MR8 test does its job, it forces the player to learn/train a core mechanic of the game.

I can definitely understand the issue with squads rushing a mission, the best thing to do to play with people, while not losing out on objectives is recruitment chat. There are quite a few high rank players that would love to assist/join while not just doing the mission for you.(I'd think so at least) There was a joke at a point that helping inexperienced players was the true endgame.

But, in general, one of the main attractions to Warframe is its mobility, so I hope you learn its details and understand how fun it can be.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb PhiThagRaid:

I seem unable to improve the horrible list spacing

To remove the choosen format you have to use the Tx button. But it seems that you have to delete a "few" spaces to completely correct your post. Just use next time the here possible options and don't just copy from an other program (if you used it)

While DE keeps on doing its level best to rid itself of casuals and new blood, there are players who might be willing to spend some time help tutor you on tests like this, it's worth asking in-game. There are later tests that are infinitely more difficult than this, MR 9 being one of them. Plenty of other tests are likewise an absolute cake walk, just as randomly dispersed among the ranks.

Lots of people either quit the game temporarily or entirely around MR 9, or just give up on rank tests.

On 2020-10-27 at 8:20 AM, PhiThagRaid said:

I was assessing the knowledge you need to complete each MR challenge.

MR 0 (Tutorial)

• Assuming players know to move mouse and WASD
  • Enemies can be damaged and die
  • Yellow is objective marker
  • Meleeing
  • Crouching
  • Wall hopping
  • Red is another objective marker
  • Consoles can be interacted with
  • Grineer hacking

MR1 (Primary)

1. Primary weapons are a weapons category
  2. Primary weapons can damage and kill enemies

MR2 (Sidearm)

1. Sidearms are a weapon category
  2. Sidearms can damage and kill enemies

MR3(Melee)

1. Melee is a weapons category
  2. Melee weapons can damage and kill enemies

MR4(Surviving)

1. Nothing

MR5(Hacking)

1. Corpus Hacking

MR6(Aiming)

1. Nothing

MR7(Kills)

1. Nothing

MR8(Jump-shots)

1. Bullet Jumping

These were my conclusions for the first 8 MR challenges. This was assuming you learned the least amount possible to succeed.

Based on my findings it is technically possible to never bullet jump before MR8. From the completion of the tutorial to MR8 there is no test for skill relating to mobility. I can thus easily see how MR 8 can be a stumbling block for a more casual player, but I think this thread shows that MR8 test does its job, it forces the player to learn/train a core mechanic of the game.

I can definitely understand the issue with squads rushing a mission, the best thing to do to play with people, while not losing out on objectives is recruitment chat. There are quite a few high rank players that would love to assist/join while not just doing the mission for you.(I'd think so at least) There was a joke at a point that helping inexperienced players was the true endgame.

But, in general, one of the main attractions to Warframe is its mobility, so I hope you learn its details and understand how fun it can be.

In one of the early missions you need to bullet jump, double jump and aim glide to clear a gap. Without doing that you cannot finish the mission.

2 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

In one of the early missions you need to bullet jump, double jump and aim glide to clear a gap. Without doing that you cannot finish the mission.

Could you be more specific with which mission this is, I am doing some research and would like to be sure that I look out for that.

4 minutes ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Could you be more specific with which mission this is, I am doing some research and would like to be sure that I look out for that.

I cannot, but I’ve started four different accounts and have had to do it each time. It’s a corpus tile set. But not the ship one. Normally there is terrain on the far side bridging the gap. But for this mission there is no bridge.

Just a huge gap that you can’t cross without a huge jump and aim gliding.

Just now, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

I cannot, but I’ve started four different accounts and have had to do it each time. It’s a corpus tile set. But not the ship one. Normally there is terrain on the far side bridging the gap. But for this mission there is no bridge.

Just a huge gap that you can’t cross with a huge jump and aim gliding.

The venus ice tile set?

Just now, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

I believe so, but it might be tied to a quest because you encounter it very early.

Okay, thanks I'll look out for that. I do remember something similar from 4 years ago. You say that rock wall is not accessible which would be weird given that it is a solid tile. 

1 hour ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

I believe so, but it might be tied to a quest because you encounter it very early.

Think I know which one you are talking about, but I think it's in mission. It's a big gap but there's a wall to one side that you can run on, and there are areas where it's narrower and a bullet jump/aim glide should clear it, if that's the one I'm thinking of. Might have to point up just a bit to increase the horizontal range you cover. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Think I know which one you are talking about, but I think it's in mission. It's a big gap but there's a wall to one side that you can run on, and there are areas where it's narrower and a bullet jump/aim glide should clear it, if that's the one I'm thinking of. Might have to point up just a bit to increase the horizontal range you cover. 

The point of my MR test research is that it up to MR8 you have no reason to bullet jump, as in if you were oblivious to the tutorial's instruction the first place where you would have to know about it would be the MR8 test. If this tile has no way to avoid using a bullet jump to cross it, my point would be invalid, but if you can indeed wall run it, my point would stand.

45 minutes ago, PhiThagRaid said:

The point of my MR test research is that it up to MR8 you have no reason to bullet jump, as in if you were oblivious to the tutorial's instruction the first place where you would have to know about it would be the MR8 test. If this tile has no way to avoid using a bullet jump to cross it, my point would be invalid, but if you can indeed wall run it, my point would stand.

Well I dont remember which test it was, but I absolutely know that I was forced to learn bullet jumping for one of the MR tests. I'd either missed the instruction in the "tutorial" or  forgotten about it after and had to go look it up, then learn about overshooting and undershooting the hard way. 😅

8 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Well I dont remember which test it was, but I absolutely know that I was forced to learn bullet jumping for one of the MR tests. I'd either missed the instruction in the "tutorial" or  forgotten about it after and had to go look it up, then learn about overshooting and undershooting the hard way. 😅

Yeah, that is the MR 8 test, ironically there is only 1 jump that requires it.

I checked the quest lists and none of them seem to mention any tile on Venus, thus this tile will not be a requirement. However, even though this tile is not a requirement, I was just able to confirm that it can be completed with only wall jumps.

Now that I look at it, double jumps and sprinting do not seem to be something that is mentioned in my research with relation to the first 8MR tests and seems to be even less needed. In the tutorial there is a section where you are requested to do a double jump, but you can clear that section by doing a normal jump quite late without even sprinting.

I found the test to be rather simple. too simple in fact. it might help players know that crouch jumping/bullet jumping is a useful mechanism when it comes to parkour or reaching certain spots. and you can crouch jump in just about any direction. Vertically, diagonally, even Horizontally. 
for those who don't know, here is how you crouch-jump/bullet-jump:
1. crouch (default i think is: ctrl)

2. jump while holding down crouch (combo: ctrl + spacebar)

3. that's it

you can also click shift while gliding to dodge midair(click shift with direction of dodge you want ⬅️➡️⬆️⬇️). or if you overshoot a platform. dodge mid-air towards the direction of platform.

I hope this helps anyone who needs it💗

vor 21 Minuten schrieb CrownMeKing1:

I found the test to be rather simple. too simple in fact. it might help players know that crouch jumping is a useful mechanism when it comes to parkour or reaching certain spots. and you can crouch jump in just about any direction. Vertically, diagonally, even Horizontally. 
for those who don't know, here is how you crouch jump:
1. crouch (default i think is: ctrl)

2. jump while holding down crouch (combo: ctrl + spacebar)

3. that's it

you can also click shift while gliding to dodge midair(click shift with direction of dodge you want ⬅️➡️⬆️⬇️). or if you overshoot a platform. dodge mid-air towards the direction of platform.

I hope this helps anyone who needs it💗

Crouch-jump?

o5ofjinfmlm21.png

Just say bulletjump like everyone else.

vor 32 Minuten schrieb CrownMeKing1:

I referred to crouch-jump because that's the universal term for most games lol. newer players might not know what you mean by bullet-jump. 

Understandebale, but imo it would be still better to teach other from the beginning the "right" word. It may be harder to understand, but in the most times it's better than learning the "wrong" easy word and then relearn the "correct" word.

Archived