Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 8's Test — Thanks, I Hate It.

RealmsCrossMyths

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2020-10-22 at 7:19 PM, (NSW)that_girl said:

Don't run, basic jump: Not far enough.

Literally anything else: Overshoot the platform.

I failed four times in a minute and now I have to wait twenty four hourse to try again.

I'll probably be back; but that killed all interest I had in playing the game for now.

I´m stuck in that 5h17 too and well at first the game seemed interesting but it´s really getting on my nerves, being built on a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE TIME-SINK-MENTALITY is seriously affecting my decision to recommend it to anyone and it is making me thinking about playing desitiny again (a game I hate right now), but in the other hand I think I´ll be back to parkour once the covid situation pass and never play the game again, haven´t decided yet since I can´t get out of home right now.

40 minutes ago, (XBOX)V4L4KH said:

I´m stuck in that 5h17 too and well at first the game seemed interesting but it´s really getting on my nerves, being built on a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE TIME-SINK-MENTALITY is seriously affecting my decision to recommend it to anyone and it is making me thinking about playing desitiny again (a game I hate right now), but in the other hand I think I´ll be back to parkour once the covid situation pass and never play the game again, haven´t decided yet since I can´t get out of home right now.

You should pay attention to what's written on the screen instead of just clicking through. 

Like the part where it tells you to visit Simaris in the relay and practice the tests. Because the only penalty for failure during practice is being loaded out to the relay, and having to load back in to try again. 

But hey, what do I know? Maybe you enjoy having to wait 24 hours. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

You should pay attention to what's written on the screen instead of just clicking through. 

Like the part where it tells you to visit Simaris in the relay and practice the tests. Because the only penalty for failure during practice is being loaded out to the relay, and having to load back in to try again. 

But hey, what do I know? Maybe you enjoy having to wait 24 hours. 🤷‍♂️

Haven´t failed a single test until get have the misfortune to get this one, and I laready figured it is not about practice but to do the damn spin jump...sorry "bullet jump" (sorry I forgot this ain´t Zelda 🙄) but hey lets talk about the time sink desing you´re so comfortable with, the "rank" system is used to "unlock" stuff<the rank system require a certain amount of xp to be unclocked<the xp to unlock the rank test can only be earned by playing the game<playing the game require you to sit your a$$ for certain amount of time and play the game.

Now getting this in your mind can you tell me why would you have to spend 24 hours in case of failure to retry it if you already invested a certain amount of time getting to that point already? (and I´m damn sure I didn´t earned all that xp in 24 hrs), then another wild thought assaulted my mind, can you name any piece of the catalog that is locked behind a rank tha cannot be bought or surpassed by a prime variant?, so in the end I don't see the "why" behind the 24 hr time sink involved. and I´ll just leave you with a phrase which may enlighten you about why I hate wasting time and money.

When you buy something, you don't do it with money: you do it with time. With the life time that you had to spend to have that money.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)V4L4KH:

Haven´t failed a single test until get have the misfortune to get this one, and I laready figured it is not about practice but to do the damn spin jump...sorry "bullet jump" (sorry I forgot this ain´t Zelda 🙄) but hey lets talk about the time sink desing you´re so comfortable with, the "rank" system is used to "unlock" stuff<the rank system require a certain amount of xp to be unclocked<the xp to unlock the rank test can only be earned by playing the game<playing the game require you to sit your a$$ for certain amount of time and play the game.

Now getting this in your mind can you tell me why would you have to spend 24 hours in case of failure to retry it if you already invested a certain amount of time getting to that point already? (and I´m damn sure I didn´t earned all that xp in 24 hrs), then another wild thought assaulted my mind, can you name any piece of the catalog that is locked behind a rank tha cannot be bought or surpassed by a prime variant?, so in the end I don't see the "why" behind the 24 hr time sink involved. and I´ll just leave you with a phrase which may enlighten you about why I hate wasting time and money.

To prevent people from doing this test with luck and not with skill. Seriously It's not like that this game has a slogan like "Ninja play free" or is famous for his parour, hack& slash and gun combinations. Oh wait it is...

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)V4L4KH:

When you buy something, you don't do it with money: you do it with time. With the life time that you had to spend to have that money.

When you spend the time to get the money to bought yourself a new car, but you never spend the time time to make a driver license who's fault is it?

6 hours ago, (XBOX)V4L4KH said:

Oh, you're one of those huh? You think that you are really good, too good to fail at something? 

No wonder you are talking it hard. You were tested, found to be not as good as you thought, and had your illusions ripped away from you, all in a couple of minutes. 

Good lesson to learn early on. Life is going to do that to you sometimes. Contrary to what you have been conditioned to believe by your parents, and in school, not everyone is going to always be good at everything the first time they try it. Sometimes you will, but a lot of times you won't, and others will be far, far better than you are. That's true for all of us, but what we can do is try to improve ourselves. 

Now as to why failing has a 24 hour wait period..... It does not. The 24 hour timer kicks in whether you pass or fail. It doesn't stop you from accumulating more mastery points, and in the long run has no significant impact on your rate of progress in the game. Lots of players accumulate points and then rush through multiple tests on consecutive days. It's not uncommon for players to sit at a given rank for months and then suddenly jump 5 ranks in a week, when they're already at a higher rank than you are now. 

Now, if you are done embarrassing yourself here, you really ought to go find Simaris and figure out how to practice the tests, because whining about how badly you failed really isn't going to help you. 

4 hours ago, ES-Flinter said:

When you spend the time to get the money to bought yourself a new car, but you never spend the time time to make a driver license who's fault is it?

Oh, I'm pretty sure that some people think that's "society's" fault, and that getting a car doesnt take much time, you just say "daddy I want a car, give me a car" and he'll make a call and have it delivered. 

🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, (XBOX)V4L4KH said:

Haven´t failed a single test until get have the misfortune to get this one,

If you are so upset about the MR8 test, you're going to loooove the MR9 one!

it is not about practice but to do the damn spin jump...sorry "bullet jump"

I'm afraid bullet jumping is one of the most fundamental movement mechanics in Warframe. It's what gives warframes so much mobility. If you ask higher-level players, I'm sure all of them will tell you that they use bullet jumps in almost every mission they do (just to move around, instead of running). If you are having trouble with bullet jumping, that's something you should really practice if you want to get better at this game.

can you tell me why would you have to spend 24 hours in case of failure to retry it

The 24hr limit, while annoying, is there to make sure you don't just spam the test hoping you get through it by accident on one of the attempts. If you've failed an attempt - that means you're not ready to progress. Go practice its elements and think about the loadout you're using. With the correct loadout, most test become utterly trivial. So if you've failed a test you need to think about what you've done wrong.

can you name any piece of the catalog that is locked behind a rank tha cannot be bought or surpassed by a prime variant?

Paracesis. Locked behind MR10. Arguably, the best melee to use when fighting Sentient enemies (unless you really like gunblades). No prime variant exists.

Archived