Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm worried about the bans

Pinegulf

Good day,

It seems that there are quite a few bans reported on the forums. Most writers have little to no idea why they have been disbarred from the game. As forums can do little to help the mods instruct to open tickets and close threads.

I'm worried. No longer do I write in any in-game chats for fear of doing something wrong.

Could we have guidelines what is acceptable and what's not? Or lacking that, discussion what would be?

It's always advisable to take ban complaints on the forum with a grain of salt, because you're only ever getting one side of the story and not the full picture. Bans are considered a private matter and as such their details are never disclosed by DE in order to respect the user's privacy, as publicly disclosing the reasons for a user's suspension could potentially irreparably damage their reputation in the Warframe community and elsewhere.

The rules for the in-game chat are posted in the in-game chat, though if you wish for additional guidance, using the forum's code of conduct is a more in depth set of rules that also applies to the in-game chat. As long as you use the correct chat tabs, don't post any disrespectful, derogatory or otherwise spam-like messages, and act in accordance with the rules, you are not at risk of being kicked or banned from the chat or the game.

If you're worried about being suspended from the game itself, then you should make sure you're familiar with the EULA, though that is a fairly in-depth agreement that goes over what's allowed and not allowed (the typical prohibited behavior will put you at risk of being banned, this behavior includes cheating/hacking, making threats against others, reverse-engineering the game, using DE's intellectual property to make money, trading in game goods for real money/out of game goods, sharing accounts with others, selling/buying accounts, etc.)

If you have other questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a PM and I'd be happy to discuss them with you.

Archived