Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Locker Rooms

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

The Corpus seem to have a huge number of Locker Rooms

but no swimming pool or gym to go along with them

what's up with that? way more locker rooms than the number of crew would need. Often in the middle of a ship with no airlock in sight...so you can tell me its for changing suits before going EVA.

Relating to this, at least with Grineer tilesets I occasionally see what look like living spaces, bunks etc. But no equivalent for Corpus.

Doesn't anyone Eat??

and where's the bathroom? not even Grineer seem to have those.

Maybe DE could update the tilesets to include some of these more believable features? Might help to make things feel less repetitive and bland....

I'm not completely sure if this thread is sincere but lemme sign it anyway. Warframe has a serious problem with immersion and believable living spaces for each faction (including something like spawning pods or birthing rooms or something for the infested) could go a long way toward resolving that.

On 2020-11-06 at 2:59 AM, auxy said:

Warframe has a serious problem with immersion and believable living spaces for each faction (including something like spawning pods or birthing rooms or something for the infested) could go a long way toward resolving that.

Agreed. Not for their lack of trying, mind you, but at least the areas need to have some believable, basic functions. Like, not a single administration office inside all those bases? I know it mind sound nitpicky, but yeah, that's how immersion works.

5 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

Agreed. Not for their lack of trying, mind you, but at least the areas need to have some believable, basic functions. Like, not a single administration office inside all those bases? I know it mind sound nitpicky, but yeah, that's how immersion works.

You know there's a counter argument and that's really that if we wanted to talk about immersion there are so many other problems with Warframe. How about survival missions on Lua? The place where you can step outside, look up, and see SPACE? Or how about how Warframes apparently need air to breathe but then ARCHWING? I mean yeah, you can handwave both of these with void space magic stuff but that doesn't really explain why I don't just pull out my Archwing when the enemy cuts off life support. Nevermind that Warframes are apparently indestructible (see: transfer out) but still need to breathe? I... what?

The ludonarrative dissonance in Warframe is worse than Uncharted, and that's saying something. Still, that doesn't mean that the level designers shouldn't bother making an effort to immerse us. It's possible to be immersed in a world, an environment, without every single detail of it making sense. The breadcrumbs of environmental setting information in the game really serve to make me wish there was more.

5 hours ago, auxy said:

how about how Warframes apparently need air to breathe but then ARCHWING

Archwings have built in life support, Read Mag Prime's Codex Entry. Still, not allowing us to equip archwing when life support went out as a "Second Chance" is pretty odd. I mean, a logical person would have used it immediately when that happens.

On 2020-11-15 at 7:11 AM, Metal_Sign said:

You’d think the built-in life support on Archwings would be standard-issue since it’s small enough to fit on them. Then you might remember it is. Enemies of all factions have personal life support modules in Survival missions.

We could assume the couple minutes of air we have as our own life support.

I mean, Warframes are basically all muscle working at extremely super-human levels, that can't be cheap biology-wise. It isn't outside the realm of possibilty they need more oxygen than the average human, and that they need the extra power supply from an Archwing to maintain it in 0-oxygen environmnents.

Archived