Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soul Punch and Ragdolls

DaMasque

I think its time.

If you didn't know, Soul Punch got a new mechanic...

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

*Nekros’ Soul Punch now has a new mechanic: Marked for Harvest. Enemies that are hit by Soul Punch but don’t die have a Duration wherein they’ll be eligible to become a Shadow if killed while Marked! 

The problem is enemies that live through Soul Punch gets launched to a new moon, so if I want to take advantage of these "Marked for Harvest" enemies, I'll have to look for them and even if I do find them, the duration of these "Marked for Harvest" is a little bit too low... almost none existing.

Maybe Stacking Duration mods would help but if 200% Power Duration still leads to flashing Marks, I would say its kind of a issue... 

My situation? The target that got Soul Punched doesn't get ragdolled but instead is stuck in stun phase, the projectile that comes out of the target (his/her soul? I guess) still ragdolls enemies if it hits a wall.

As much as I like punching a man to who knows where... yeah... stop, let me make shadows in peace.

Get up close to enemy before using soul punch or slide/be at lower elevation.
SP ragdoll/cc strength depends on proximity and elevation (and nothing being right behind the enemy but in most such cases its a small corridor and the yeeted enemy will land right infront of your feet either way).

Dont ask for removal of the good enough/universally functional cc mechanic for a redundant more expensive 4 cast/more fiddly and impractical 4 recast.

10 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

good enough/universally functional cc mechanic

"Haha enemy go into space!"

Its disruptive and annoying. There's a perfectly good replacement animation and that is "sleep." It'll make sense as the "soul" is literally ejected out of the target (and for reassurance, that soul turns into a projectile like our current Soul Punch and ragdoll enemies if it hits a wall).

Now, its a even better functional cc mechanic and we can take advantage of its new ability.

We are almost at Prime Trailer level Soul Punch. Just need that little push.

btw 

10 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

more expensive

Nothing about Nekros is expensive and I'm well sure you know this.

49 minutes ago, DaMasque said:

"Haha enemy go into space!"

No, thats only if you dont know how to use SP. Its ragdoll depends on your proximity and elevation vs enemy. You can just as easily use it as a regular knockdown.

We are almost at Prime Trailer level Soul Punch. Just need that little push.

That is literally already in game. Get up close just before melee range and use 1 (possibly while sliding depending on where the center mass of enemy mesh is).

btw 

Nothing about Nekros is expensive and I'm well sure you know this.

Spending a third of a second more of net animation time (yes, it takes longer to SP 7 times on 25%~ish targets than to just cast 4) and 75% more energy is more expensive no matter the fact that he has a good resource loop with Equilibrium.
Imagine if instead of that trash Nekros plain got 10 or 15% enemy max hp true damage on 1, fixed terrify so that slow is default while a better damage amp is the augment to not annoy people and a ui that let you out of mission select shadows spawn priority for 4 just as octavia has her madachord (ui is even in game since simulacrum exists and DE did manually update the spawn priorities with deimos so its probably a simple SQL file/whatever table file format DE uses).

Tho hell a SP that only in extreme cases does hard ragdoll/had its cc control skill floor massively lowered wouldnt be bad either (or at least the info added in the tips).

31 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

Its ragdoll depends on your proximity and elevation vs enemy.

Good now remove this and make it a single target sleep, no more worrying about these little extra steps.

31 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

25%~ish targets than to just cast 4

Do I have to Quote "Marked for Harvest" again?

The instant death on 25% hp targets is nice but its the other added passive that makes SP potentially the best skill on Nekros.

SP target > Target gets Marked for Harvest > doesn't matter how it dies as long as it dies with Marked for Harvest active > Gets a shadow > shadow has higher threat level so will be prioritized by enemies > you effectively just CC'd an entire group of enemies with 25 energy.

This skill literally fixes the main problem with Nekros SotD and that you can finally choose who you want to shadow (The amount of people who solely wanted this is finally here).

JUST GET RID OF THE RAGDOLL. (not yelling at you, at DE cause they are deliberately leaving it in even after they added this buff.)

45 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

regular knockdown

No one likes knockdown... no one likes being knocked downed, no one likes aiming at an enemy and suddenly it planks on the floor for no reason other then to piss off that person aiming at that enemy. No knock down.

Agreed on Terrify augment needing to be integrated into the skill, but that's a "can I have some more" moment. One step at a time.

14 minutes ago, DaMasque said:

Good now remove this and make it a single target sleep, no more worrying about these little extra steps. No one likes knockdown... no one likes being knocked downed, no one likes aiming at an enemy and suddenly it planks on the floor for no reason other then to piss off that person aiming at that enemy. No knock down.

Then might as well replace it with equi rest. Point of any SP buff shouldnt be more redundancy with (potential) kit.

Having some enemy repositioning CC is good, yeet from afar when entering a fight helps for SP Mot and other cases where a unit can make everything else annoying. Its just up close the knockdown isnt even close to as often worth the cast compared to when yeeting enemies during approach unless enemies are blocking your way on rush to extract since most melee have at lease some way to force impact (and being single target it doesnt have the factor of old blast not blocking shots unlike terrify without augment where enemies turn their weakspot away).

Do I have to Quote "Marked for Harvest" again?

Do i have to point out that you could instead just swing melee one more time instead?

The instant death on 25% hp targets is nice but its the other added passive that makes SP potentially the best skill on Nekros.

No, its Desecrate followed by Terrify, then Shadows and then SP now.

This skill literally fixes the main problem with Nekros SotD and that you can finally choose who you want to shadow (The amount of people who solely wanted this is finally here).

Except its not because you still cant set shadow priority yourself and its less efficient to waste SP casts when you dont need the cc than to just kill and go with any shadow distractions.

Agreed on Terrify augment needing to be integrated into the skill, but that's a "can I have some more" moment.

If anything changes to terrify should have been first, its his hard cc, the shared skill AND the strongest in combat effect one, yet without a mod slot tax harms allies that want to use guns. Worst thing SP could have done is send a ancient into the room beyond (as lesser priority targets either only get staggered or cant be targeted by it while bosses tend to be both cc immune and most of then dont have their body center vulnerable through the fight thus take no damage from casting it).

There is absolutely no reason SP needs to ragdoll enemies. It serves no function. Sending enemies to the moon that you want to turn into Shadows makes zero sense.

Btw, Terrify and Shadows are Nekros CC abilities.

How I would fix this is still turn the enemies "soul" into a projectile, but let the body go to sleep so you can easily kill it and turn it into a shadow. Boom. Fixed.

27 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

Then might as well replace it with equi rest.

Yes! To put it blunt yes, just make it SP a single target rest with all the SP passives and abilities. 

redundancy

What's not useful? Having all those passives on SP but your target is on the other side of the map. Indeed "Redundancy."

and I think I have to quote Marked for Harvest again as it doesn't make any sense what you are trying to prove with that "extra melee swing," unless you're talking about the animation thing. SP doesn't interrupt anything, what's interrupting is the spazzing body bouncing in a room. And reading back, one does not need to use SP 7 times to create SotD, just use SotD. I'm not understanding what you are arguing about.

SP is not an alternative for SotD, if the situation calls for it, just press 4. enemies killed by SP heals shadows if you summoned all 7.

17 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Soul Punch: Instantly kills targets below 25% Health, and turns them into an extra clone shadow (or heals existing if at max).

Nekros is not expensive at all.

No, its Desecrate followed by Terrify, then Shadows and then SP now.

I checked your profile and I refuse to assume that you are just another Desecrate bot and not see the potential SP has to offer now. You play Nekros, you understand how Nekros do and still not get that new SP is literally the highest QoL Nekros can get if not a complete rework?

35 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

you still cant set shadow priority yourself

A shame as this is, Nekros' micromanaging is now a thing. You see a heavy gunner? Pop 1 on it and kill it, yay a friendly heavy gunner. It can't get any simpler.

36 minutes ago, TenTonneSkeleton said:

There is absolutely no reason SP needs to ragdoll enemies. It serves no function. Sending enemies to the moon that you want to turn into Shadows makes zero sense.

A skeleton that understands reason! YES!

37 minutes ago, TenTonneSkeleton said:

How I would fix this is still turn the enemies "soul" into a projectile, but let the body go to sleep so you can easily kill it and turn it into a shadow. Boom. Fixed.

The TL;DR of the thread.

I feel that soul punch should punch out the soul and leave the body a shriveled husk. Not unlike how Titania's Tribute kocks out the the soul. Keep it consistent. Maybe have it leave a similar floating bit that you can pick up to heal your squad or something?

Archived