Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The biggest problem with the Khora nerf is poor communication

(PSN)digitalgabeg

On 2020-11-20 at 2:57 PM, (PSN)digitalgabeg said:

2) it's a change to an ability for which many people have invested multiple forma and hours of time grinding affinity;

this point is a very important issue to be addressed, in other RPG games equipment with unique statistics totally built by players are not changed in updates

10 hours ago, Shatom said:

This style of play is completely dead atm. I don't know if it's a bug or a feature at this point, hard to tell the difference these days with DE. But as it stands, Khora is dead. Jumping normally, bullet jumping, sliding, about 40% of the time, my whip just misses the target, even though he's just standing right there in front of me. I can proceed to whip the same target 6-7-8 times, nothing happens, then the 9th time it will hit him, and I did nothing different compared to the first 8 hits that completely missed. It just makes ZERO sense.

I have no issues with Khora Belmont. Just used her to get Harrow (via Defection) again.

#*!% this S#&$ game 👍

It wasn't communicated particularly well, no. 

It came across like they were trying to avoid being told they were stealth nerfing, but still do it "quietly". 

That being said, the fact it was done so quietly and so many reacted the way they did, doesn't justify, but certainly explains, their actions. 

Not a criticism to the OP, who wrote a really good post, but in general I think when it comes to people giving feedback, we need to think about the relationship we have with DE. I think they used to be more open about changes like this when they made them. If they are trying to be this quiet about it, maybe they are sick to death of the community overreaction every time a small nerf happens? 

Xoris was barely around before they nerfed it, while fully, fully, fully explaining themselves and their reasoning, and people went absolutely ape on them -- over a change they made quickly that was fully justifed. The community overreaction at small changes is over the top, and if it is driving them to be this cowardly, then maybe the community needs to think about the way they react to small balance changes. 

It was a slick change, but it was totally appropriate, and expected. This is the same change we got when ppl were spinning in a corner. Weapons aren't supposed to go through walls. Whipclaw is an ability weapon, it uses weapon mods, it shouldn't go through walls, none of the weapon abilities should, except maybe if they are shooting energy. 

It doesn't even warrant a thread, but I guess it was inevitable. If you want to hit foes around the bend, use an appropriate frame. 

I agree here, lack of communication will only make the fallout worse. In the Xoris post I see a lot of people "accept" the nerf. But Khora? not so much. DE should have give reasoning everytime they want to nerf something. PvP game developers always do this ALL THE TIME even if may cause players go full ape mode.

Archived