Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem with new Deimos fish

Xbalanque84

Okay, ignoring for a moment that the Flagellocanth isn't highlighted by dye, I am thoroughly annoyed with the new Lobotriscids. They are 10 times more skittish than any other fish I've seen before. If you move, or so much as look at them, they'll start swimming in wide circles; Hell, half the time, they start running the split second the spear leaves my hand! What's more, their tiny hitbox guarantees 3/4 of the time you'll miss anyway. I have spent three times as much time chasing them relative to any other fish I've encountered on the Cambion Drift. Meanwhile, these ridiculously hard-to-catch fish are clogging up the spawn queue when I'm trying to fish for Glutinox or Aquapulmo, effectively forcing you to waste your time going after them just so more fish will spawn. And wouldn't you know it, they spawn about as frequently as Kymeros.

I feel like I wasted a Vome cycle going after these stupid fish.

Edit: Also, the Flagellocanth and Lobostroscid in-game models seem to be switched.

I noticed that after you fail to catch like idk 2-3 of them a big one appears and moves very slowly , like a pitty timer of some sort "hey you ye you let's get this over with "  type of deal .

Something that worked for me was leading with my shots by like couple of meters ( talking about the smaller fish that is very annoying to catch ofc )

3 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

I definitely noticed they're more skittish, but was still managing to catch them with a little more effort. There is that calming deployable in Cetus, might be time to give that a go to see if it works.

That would be invaluable if it worked like you'd think it does. It only "calms" fish which have already spawned when you throw it. It does nothing for the rest of its duration, as fish which spawn after it's been thrown aren't affected. I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but it makes the item largely useless. Unless DE fixed it and I missed that...

1 minute ago, Steel_Rook said:

That would be invaluable if it worked like you'd think it does. It only "calms" fish which have already spawned when you throw it. It does nothing for the rest of its duration, as fish which spawn after it's been thrown aren't affected. I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but it makes the item largely useless. Unless DE fixed it and I missed that...

Ah, had never used it.

5 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

I definitely noticed they're more skittish, but was still managing to catch them with a little more effort. There is that calming deployable in Cetus, might be time to give that a go to see if it works.

Tried using pharoma, it didn't do jack.

4 hours ago, Spectre-8 said:

I noticed that after you fail to catch like idk 2-3 of them a big one appears and moves very slowly , like a pitty timer of some sort "hey you ye you let's get this over with "  type of deal .

Something that worked for me was leading with my shots by like couple of meters ( talking about the smaller fish that is very annoying to catch ofc )

Yeah, leading them doesn't exactly work when they change direction the second you throw. I've had the most luck cornering them against solid surfaces (unless of course they swim through the ground because DE never fixed that problem). Still, fishing shouldn't suddenly be this hard.

1 minute ago, Xbalanque84 said:

Yeah, leading them doesn't exactly work when they change direction the second you throw. I've had the most luck cornering them against solid surfaces (unless of course they swim through the ground because DE never fixed that problem). Still, fishing shouldn't suddenly be this hard.

Not gonna lie I got a little bit mad at start LOL

Archived