Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream: 149 Overview [11/27/2020]

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

1 minute ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

If you're referring to the toning down of certain enemies damage shortly after release, the elite variants now do the same damage as the release version of normal enemies, all while having higher health. So not really a good example.

Still, there are many other examples over the years. Forgot to add Arbitration to the list.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

Warframe is for casuals since they retired solar rails, it killed any hope for competitive content. I have seen the trend for a while now.

1. DE releases challenging content.

2. Lots of players complained it's too hard.

3. DE listened and took action.

It happened to manics, It happened to Fortuna, it happened to Profit Taker, it happened to The Wolf, and it happened to Railjack.

When Nihil was released the same casuals complained they can't steam roll it like your average warframe boss. But since this is a one and done boss DE may let this slide.

I agree to some extent. I would argue that Warframe definitely started getting easier after the Jovian Concord. Disruption, Amalgams, and the Ropalolyst still presented a decent challenge, and it also introduced two of the better balanced frames, Gauss and Wisp. 

However, almost every update following that was just disappointment after disappointment, and I feel that's partly because DE did indeed listen to the "majority" (casual players), and I believe they will continue to do so because it's the route most profitable for them. But I don't think Warframe is completely casualized yet, but rather in some kind of a limbo between trying to create challenging content, while still keeping their casual base. Unfortunately, they can't have their cake and eat it too.

Archived