Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some questions about damage.

kurikitaka

Question

First and foremost... good morning.

I have some questions, in order to create a build for a heavy strike weapon.

1. Is it true that scythes and double hand nikanas produce bleeding on heavy strike with 100% chance?

2. If so... maybe might it be a good idea to put Condition Overload to a Pennant? Even when it's status chance is only 10%, with a 100% chance of bleeding... wouln't it be 120% more dmg to our strikes?

3. Does Condition Overload effects apply with the same strike that we apply the status proc on an enemy? Or does it apply on the next strike? (after we bleed, poisoned or whatever our foe)?

4. Does Condition Overload effects apply on heavy strikes, or just normal ones?

5. About the aura Steel Charge have any influence on heavy strikes, or just normal melee?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

6 answers to this question

1. Yes they force bleed on heavy attack 

2. It depends, if you're not getting more than 1 status on a target then the mod is worse than pressure point/sac pressure 

3. I am fairly certain it won't increase damage unless there is already a status on the enemy

4. Condition overload applies on all attacks as long as the enemy is affected by status procs (however there are some exceptions with some exalted/pseudoexalted weapons specific to condition overload)

5.Steel charge is the same kind of damage buff as pressure point and will stack additively with it and apply to all attacks both heavy and normal. It is base melee damage and thus stacks additively with other sources such as condition overload, pressure point, arcane fury, and vex armor to name a few.

16 minutes ago, kurikitaka said:

1. Is it true that scythes and double hand nikanas produce bleeding on heavy strike with 100% chance?

Yep.

Or rather, their Stances are what allows this to happen.

10 minutes ago, kurikitaka said:

2. If so... maybe might it be a good idea to put Condition Overload to a Pennant? Even when it's status chance is only 10%, with a 100% chance of bleeding... wouln't it be 120% more dmg to our strikes?

But that then would mean you'd be using two Heavy Attacks on the same enemy.
Like, if a Crit-built Heavy Attack doesn't one-shot enemies, might as well not bother, IMO. YMMV.
(Actually, looking up the Stance, it's a multi-hit attack, so I guess you still get a damage boost on the second half of the Heavy Attack, at least.)

In any case, CO can be very much worth it if you use other sources for Status infliction, e.g. passively via a Sentinel.

Just, be aware that the boost is additive to the one e.g. (Primed) Pressure Point provides,
it's not a total damage multiplier if you already have a +Damage source in place.

14 minutes ago, kurikitaka said:

3. Does Condition Overload effects apply with the same strike that we apply the status proc on an enemy? Or does it apply on the next strike? (after we bleed, poisoned or whatever our foe)?

The next one, it only counts procs already present.

BTW, for mechanical details, the Wiki is a must-read:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Condition_Overload

23 minutes ago, kurikitaka said:

4. Does Condition Overload effects apply on heavy strikes, or just normal ones?

All Melee damage.

24 minutes ago, kurikitaka said:

5. About the aura Steel Charge have any influence on heavy strikes, or just normal melee?

All Melee damage :P

5 hours ago, kurikitaka said:

That's a terrible idea.  You won't get any damage bonus on the first attack,   and the bleed proc from the first attack should kill most things.   Primed Pressure Point is a better choice in most cases.  The only time it isn't is if you're using a rapid fire gun to apply statuses before making the heavy attack. 

6 hours ago, yaboilonely said:

Don't think that's accurate. The stances don't affect the heavy attack. It depends on the weapon type whether it force procs any statuses on heavy attack. 

Ah good to know, I never fully looked into it / used Heavy Attacks all that much I admit, I thought Stances also applied there, whoops.

• Scythes and Katanas have forced Slash on Heavies, yes.
  • it's a good idea to have Condition Overload on in general, since it's easy to take advantage of. whether that be with a Gun or if an Enemy takes more than one or two attacks to Kill.
    • specifically for Heavies, it would make sense if you apply some Status to an Enemy before doing a Heavy. probably while you're approaching.
  • unfortunately, thesedays Condition Overload will not apply on the same attack that applies Status. once upon a time it did, but that is not today and today Status is applied after Damage, not before.
  • Condition Overload always works. well, i don't 100% remember off the top of my head if it applies to Combat/Stealth Finishers, but it probably does, and applies to all other Melee attacks.
  • Steel Charge applies to Melee globally, but it's kinda crap.

Archived