Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

revenant's thrall mechanics

Vulharr

hi folks so i would love to make use of the new revenant augment but other squad members LOVE to just kill your thralls instantly and it is profoundly frustrating. if enthrall was adjusted so that only you can damage your thralls and not other players i would be eternally grateful. thank you de i love you

Revenant is weird. He works better (and wonderfully) at high level, at wich point I don't use my weapons. I can easily keep life support with Reave, and killing with anything else is detrimental, so I don't understand this augment. I haven't tried it and I'm on a break from Warframe, it probably has a use, but I can't think of it right now.

My advice is don't use Revenant at low level, sadly. Your team won't let you have fun.

personally i think it'd make lower level missions more enjoyable with revenant 

don't get me wrong enthrall + reave is all you're gonna be doing in endgame and that's all good with me but i'd just like to use him more doing easier things. i love playing rev and want to take him for a spin more. augment's just an example of something that could benefit from this

Yeah I also think he is fun, but I can't enjoy him in public matches/low level, because of what you said. Some people even want him reworked because of this, they will probably show up here. So I can't give you any advice for using the augment other than don't.

2 hours ago, Mambacore said:

hi folks so i would love to make use of the new revenant augment but other squad members LOVE to just kill your thralls instantly and it is profoundly frustrating. if enthrall was adjusted so that only you can damage your thralls and not other players i would be eternally grateful. thank you de i love you

This has a tiny upside but a MAJOR downside.

Its understandable to be a little frustrated with others killing your Thralls. The tiny upside is that this would address this.

The MAJOR downside is you've just unwittingly introduced an abusable "Trolling" mechanic into the game. Trolls are, unfortunately, very real, very annoying, and will jump at any opportunity to annoy anyone. With this, you've just given them a brand new way to annoy people, by purposefully making enemies unkillable by anyone except the Trolls Revenant. In a fast paced game like Warframe this would be a huge issue. Want to get a Defence mission done within the hour? Too bad, a Trolls in your group and has made the last 8 enemies in this Round unkillable.

Sorry but due to its easily, and highly likely, abusable status, I wouldn't want this.

il y a une heure, (PSN)MYKK678 a dit :

Want to get a Defence mission done within the hour? Too bad, a Trolls in your group and has made the last 8 enemies in this Round unkillable.

you know mind controlled one from Nyx's 1 don't count toward enemie left during defense, it's not that hard to apply the same code to Enthralls

1 hour ago, Aisu9 said:

you know mind controlled one from Nyx's 1 don't count toward enemie left during defense, it's not that hard to apply the same code to Enthralls

Great, thanks for volunteering. Let me know when you've written out that easy code and sent it to DE and i'll give the idea my full support :thumbup:

4 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Want to get a Defence mission done within the hour? Too bad, a Trolls in your group and has made the last 8 enemies in this Round unkillable.

Sorry but due to its easily, and highly likely, abusable status, I wouldn't want this.

Don't the Thralls not count towards the enemy limit already? Unless I misunderstood what you're saying. 

I'm 90% sure that they don't count towards that enemy limit or the spawn rates kinda like how SotD and Nyxs Mind Control work.  

20 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

This has a tiny upside but a MAJOR downside.

Its understandable to be a little frustrated with others killing your Thralls. The tiny upside is that this would address this.

The MAJOR downside is you've just unwittingly introduced an abusable "Trolling" mechanic into the game. Trolls are, unfortunately, very real, very annoying, and will jump at any opportunity to annoy anyone. With this, you've just given them a brand new way to annoy people, by purposefully making enemies unkillable by anyone except the Trolls Revenant. In a fast paced game like Warframe this would be a huge issue. Want to get a Defence mission done within the hour? Too bad, a Trolls in your group and has made the last 8 enemies in this Round unkillable.

17 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Great, thanks for volunteering. Let me know when you've written out that easy code and sent it to DE and i'll give the idea my full support

Why not just copy+paste whatever the code Nyx's Mind Control allows victims to not count for Defense targets? They've figured out how to fix this problem a long time ago, I'm pretty sure they have the understanding to do it again.

I'm pretty sure thralls already have this baked in, in fact.

11 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Why not just copy+paste whatever the code Nyx's Mind Control allows victims to not count for Defense targets? They've figured out how to fix this problem a long time ago, I'm pretty sure they have the understanding to do it again.

I'm pretty sure thralls already have this baked in, in fact.

Except the bug affects Nyx too... and I have personally reproduced it with Infested Boilers using Xaku's Accuse (I got some permanent Infested Charger allies!).

This was a fixed bug for Nyx and Revenant until sometime earlier this year when the bug re-appeared.

EDIT: By the way, it's not that Defense counts the victims... it inconsistently counts created units of the victims who become permanent allies and therefore unkillable.

8 minutes ago, nslay said:

Except the bug affects Nyx too... and I have personally reproduced it with Infested Boilers using Xaku's Accuse (I got some permanent Infested Charger allies!).

This was a fixed bug for Nyx and Revenant until sometime earlier this year when the bug re-appeared.

EDIT: By the way, it's not that Defense counts the victims... it inconsistently counts created units of the victims who become permanent allies and therefore unkillable.

Fair enough, but that's a bug and should be fixed, it's not a reason why Revenant shouldn't have his thralls be immune to damage by other players who don't own them.

3 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Fair enough, but that's a bug and should be fixed, it's not a reason why Revenant shouldn't have his thralls be immune to damage by other players who don't own them.

I've been waiting for about a year for them to re-fix it. And I brought the bug up again using Xaku as a vehicle to try to motivate them to fix the same bug for all 3 frames.

EDIT: Basically, you should never bring Revenant, Nyx or Xaku into a defense mission... if you do, don't use Enthrall/Mind Control/Accuse! You are liable to deadlock the mission for everyone!

you can sorta fix it by subsuming mind control on rev, since you can enthrall a mind control target to create an invulnerable thrall that can keep freely converting other enemies without teammates deleting it. it atleast takes out some of the spam away.

now worse mechanics for enthrall is thralls sharing the same timer as the one that converted them causing them to effectively have less duration and more upkeep, thralls from pillars not dropping pillars on death, and danse macabre destroying pillars. all three points fundamentally counter enthralls main mechanic of spreading, on top of teammates killing them outright.

• 2 months later...
On 2020-12-03 at 6:38 PM, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Great, thanks for volunteering. Let me know when you've written out that easy code and sent it to DE and i'll give the idea my full support :thumbup:

Actually revenants enthralls don't count for enemies during wave missions. The rounds start just as they would any other time..so not sure what the problem is here. The fuction already exists in the game.

56 minutes ago, (XBOX)RomanGonche said:

Actually revenants enthralls don't count for enemies during wave missions. The rounds start just as they would any other time..so not sure what the problem is here. The fuction already exists in the game.

Yes, this is how it is supposed to work... and usually it works correctly! The problems come from enemies that create more enemies, like

• Hyekka Masters
  • Drahk Masters
  • Fusion Moa
  • Corrupted Moa
  • Corpus Tech
  • Corpus Snipercrewmen
  • Infested Boilers

Sometimes Enthralled/Mind Controlled/Accused enemies create allies that the game counts as enemies. Since these spawned enemies are not directly under the effect of Mind Control/Enthrall/Accuse with a duration, they count as being permanent allies. Since they're allies, you can't hurt them and a Defense mission is deadlocked. You have to abort the mission.

This was fixed at some point years ago and it re-appeared more than a year ago. It affects players still (especially the Grendel Defense mission! Lots of Bugs posts about this for Grendel Defense). There are numerous Bugs threads for Nyx (Mind Control) and Revenant (Enthrall) and I have personally seen it happen to Accused Boilers producing permanent Infested allies... so I wouldn't be surprised to see something like 10 Bugs posts per year about Xaku bugging out a Defense mission through Accuse.

On 2021-02-07 at 4:11 AM, (XBOX)RomanGonche said:

The problem is you didnt read the other posts on this page before replying. So nslay had to spell out what was already clarified for you.

Look up ⚠️

Archived