Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker/Acolyte Force Teleports Should Be Changed (Causing Issues)

(NSW)JigsJosh

I think it's time the Stalker and Acolyte player force teleports should be removed from the game. The majority of the time they are used they don't even benefit the Stalker or Acolytes in any way. They seem to cause a lot of issues as well with game mechanics. I just ran into two great examples today alone. 

The first problem occurred when the Stalker appeared in the new Corpus ship tile set. Somehow he managed to get below a walkway in a hall and he couldn't move. Every time I tried to go down and attack him the game teleported me back onto the walk way, so eventually I said screw it, hacked my way out of the room, and ran to extraction. Several times running to extraction he teleported me back to him where he was stuck, and then the game would teleport me back onto the walk way. This was severely problematic because it was a survival mission and life support was low and I couldn't get to a life support device because of the Stalker teleporting me. Eventually it stopped after several times thank god, but could definitely cost someone the mission.

The second problem I ran into happened with an Acolyte on a portal sabotage mission (Steel Path). After I killed the two bosses, grabbed the key, used it, and ran to go back through the portal the Acolyte appeared. After I ran through the portal the Acolyte teleported me back. I got through the portal again right before it closed (luckily), and then this happened several times: Acolyte teleports me back to the other side, game resets me back. I kept getting teleported back and forth like 10 times for a good minute or so. Severely annoying.

I recommend changing it so that instead of the player teleporting to them, they teleport to the player. It continues the fight without creating any of the above issues.

I don't think I've had Stalker or an Acolyte teleport me since the original Shadow Debt (since they were super buggy and had a habit of spawning in the wrong room), but

4 minutes ago, (NSW)JigsJosh said:

I recommend changing it so that instead of the player teleporting to them, they teleport to the player

This should totally be how it works, since it's kind of how they got into the mission to attack you in the first place

I had to quit a steel path survival after 15 minutes because the acolyte teleport wouldn't let me get to life support. Garbage experience. The teleport-ragdoll-instakill that Mania does is great too. 

edit: Also, the teleport looks like the game jumping because of lag. The lack of effort and player option in dealing with this is mildly insulting. 

• 10 months later...

I was with 2 other guys at the very least doing a sabotage in void and the acolyte spawned on key/sabotage side of the portal as we were leaving.   Ugh what a train wreck.  

We couldnt fight the guy because that side of the portal had closed so we would get placed on the other side as soon as he would teleport us.   We couldnt get to extraction.   I stayed dead and watched one of the guys in squad desperately try to go for extraction only to be yanked back each time lmao.   I tried to shoot through the physical wall between me and the acolyte but any damage I did manage to do would get healed.  

-----------------

Yes please for the love of god make the guy teleport to US to avoid massive mission ending bugs like this.  

AND/OR Create some waaay better assassin spawn coding.  They always show up to late, in the wrong place.   There is some logic and common sense lacking this area....  

• 8 months later...

Happened today.

Doing steel path solo rescue on Garus (Kuva Fortress) with a loki frame. Encounter first acolyte, no problems.

I enter the prison and start doing a loop to clear all enemies for safety. Second acolyte spawns in a different location.

I get teleported away from the prison. I kill the second acolyte, no alarms. I got teleported to the escape section of the map with no way of getting back to the prison.

Just failed the mission because the door to the prison was locked until i rescued the prisoner...nice

Edit: Happened 2 times in a row. Almost had al prison doors unlocked...

• 9 months later...

just had what misery teleport me into the floors of an eris survival and failed my mission because the /unstuck feature couldn't get me unstuck from the floor. i mean my revenant prime was waist deep in the floor and i couldn't do anything and move. so i agree something needs to be changed. though i wonder why DE haven't done this yet?

• 1 month later...

Problem still exists. worst decision ever made, unfun, annoying, unable to extract when acolyte spawns on the other end of the map and the extract is about to hit 0 you get noped back to the beginning of the map just to die. Seriously, why man?
And just like NecronIXIX ^^ i had the same issue in survival.
Im convinced the decision to make this a thing is just out of pure evil and spite against players. sadistic.
purposefully making stupid decisions and not fixing them for years, probably knowing about it and not doing anything is just another excuse to sabotage player experience.
De being just like the acolytes, ridiculous, smh

one time I was in a mirror defense and malice spawned near the end of a crystal switch. was forced to fail the mission because malice kept teleporting me back to the void tunnel while the enemies destroyed the crystal, 20 minutes in btw. 10/10 mission design.

bugs like this are why the game needs like a year of just qol updates

smh

Archived