Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Livestreams Return in the New Year!

[DE]Helen

vor 7 Stunden schrieb vanaukas:

They don't need to do it honestly, since it's on each user how many PL is willing to charge for anything that can be tradeable and up to each user how much PL is willing to pay for something. That's the magic of the "FREE MARKET", no intrusion from DE side and the market regulates itself.

Nah dude, this situation exists because a popular gameplay relevant piece of equipment is endlessly reproduceable by a few select people aka DE created a monopoly-like enviroment where people have to acquire it from someone else with exclusive access. Baro possibly having it every 14 days doesn't really compensate for that. If every clan had the bp, as it should be, there would be nothing to sell or to rip people off with. An issue that comes up again and again solved.

But since you want to compare real life free markets to a game economy I'd recommend looking up what might happen in countries with a free market if there is an actual monopoly situation.

Thanks though for the very unique "muh free market" speech to educate me that you've picked up somewhere and that I've NEVER read before used by others who think they understand how economics work.

rolling eyes GIF

49 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

Nah dude, this situation exists because a popular gameplay relevant piece of equipment is endlessly reproduceable by a few select people aka DE created a monopoly-like enviroment where people have to acquire it from someone else with exclusive access. Baro possibly having it every 14 days doesn't really compensate for that. If every clan had the bp, as it should be, there would be nothing to sell or to rip people off with. An issue that comes up again and again solved.

But since you want to compare real life free markets to a game economy I'd recommend looking up what might happen in countries with a free market if there is an actual monopoly situation.

Thanks though for the very unique "muh free market" speech to educate me that you've picked up somewhere and that I've NEVER read before used by others who think they understand how economics work.

rolling eyes GIF

sorry but, educate you on what? When I wanted to educate you?

vor 17 Minuten schrieb vanaukas:

sorry but, educate you on what? When I wanted to educate you?

I apologize for the last part and the general tone I used. I was in a bad mood when I decided to respond and had no reason to respond to you the way I did. 

I don't even care about it. My issue with this drama is that everybody focuses on the person and not on the cause which is permanent exclusive access to equipment that was granted.

54 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

I apologize for the last part and the general tone I used. I was in a bad mood when I decided to respond and had no reason to respond to you the way I did. 

I don't even care about it. My issue with this drama is that everybody focuses on the person and not on the cause which is permanent exclusive access to equipment that was granted.

It's ok but was so random that my questions where genuine tho, I was very confused but I understand your motives now.

I only care about people harassing one user becasue he sells them "overpriced", even if there is no rule about how you price something.

54 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

the cause which is permanent exclusive access to equipment that was granted.

That's exactly it, and it's getting worse. The Ignis Wraith was awarded to consoles in March 2017 - almost four years ago. How many clans were started after March 2017? I dunno, but probably somewhere near a whole hell of a lot. To these new clans, they're like "Why tf do I have to pay Baro 550 ducks for an Ignis Wraith when other dojos have it in their Chem Lab?"

32 minutes ago, (PSN)LOAM22881 said:

That's exactly it, and it's getting worse. The Ignis Wraith was awarded to consoles in March 2017 - almost four years ago. How many clans were started after March 2017? I dunno, but probably somewhere near a whole hell of a lot. To these new clans, they're like "Why tf do I have to pay Baro 550 ducks for an Ignis Wraith when other dojos have it in their Chem Lab?"

So clan's made after 2017 don't have access to the ignis wraith for research. Did not know that now I know why both versions are in my dojo chem lab.

41 minutes ago, (PSN)LOAM22881 said:

Too many people have no idea you don't have to pay for Ignis Wraith, and too many people are trying to prey on the ignorant.

For anybody reading this who thinks you have to pay anything for an ignis wraith, please go hereIgnis Wraith Supply Center on Reddit

There are a couple of rules, but they're either there because of DE's MR requirements/trading mechanics or to put this weapon in as many hands as possible for free (or as close to free as possible factoring in trade taxes).

vor 3 Stunden schrieb vanaukas:

It's ok but was so random that my questions where genuine tho, I was very confused but I understand your motives now.

I only care about people harassing one user becasue he sells them "overpriced", even if there is no rule about how you price something.

I agree, people can try to sell it for 500p for all I care. The actual solution to stop people trying to take advantage over others with it would be to add it to every dojo, remove the built one from Baro and make the BP untradable - like literally everything else there. No exclusivity = nothing to sell. Done.

At the very least the conversation people are having should be rather about that than about individuals taking advantage of a system/circumstance they didn't create. The latter changes or fixes nothing about the overall situation.

Archived