Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramech Movement Improvement Ideas

Hawkeye2404

Notes: "Sprinting" is when you tap and hold your shift key. "Charging" is when you double tap your shift key and hold it. "Dashing" is when you just tap your shift key once.

Stamina:

• Reduce the regeneration delay (the delay before it starts regenerating).
  • Either make stamina regenerate faster or give us more stamina (or both?).

Charging:

• While Charging you should receive 25-50% less damage (exact number is up for debate).
  • While Charging, the turn rate should be better than it is right now.
  • Movement speed while Charging could maybe be slightly faster than it is right now.

Crouching:

• There is no way to "crouch-walk" (moving while you're half-crouching). This is a feature that should be implemented.
  • There is also no way to attack while remaining crouched.

Dashing:

• Dashing should be faster. It is way too slow to be used very effectively in a fast-paced game such as Warframe.

Hovering:

• Improve movement speed while Hovering.
  • Make Hovering keep you in the air better, make you lose height slower.

Animation:

• Make the recovery time for recovering from a fall shorter.
  • The animation for transitioning out of a Charge could be made faster.

I don't have a problem with any of your suggestions.  One and only one thing for me though would improve the ENTIRE necramech experience and that is skill flow or what you call animation.   There's a pause when you recover from sprint.  There's a pause when you jump and land.  There's a pause when you pull out ability 4.  There's a pause when you retract ability 4.  There's pauses EVERYWHERE in a necramech experience.  There exists no such thing on regular warframes except maybe the pause after a very LONG fall from height (which also drives me crazy).

SO MANY delays to the flow of play.  It is exhaustingly tedious.   I understand DE wants a clunky frame, but why does the play have to be so clunky/slow?  I'm fine with a semi-ugly non-fashion frame design if the speed of my play is not hindered. 

Remove all this tedious recovery time and I may consider even playing them outside of this event.

On 2020-12-18 at 6:32 PM, Hawkeye2404 said:

Notes: "Sprinting" is when you tap and hold your shift key. "Charging" is when you double tap your shift key and hold it. "Dashing" is when you just tap your shift key once.

Stamina:

• Reduce the regeneration delay (the delay before it starts regenerating).
  • Either make stamina regenerate faster or give us more stamina (or both?).

Charging:

• While Charging you should receive 25-50% less damage (exact number is up for debate).
  • While Charging, the turn rate should be better than it is right now.
  • Movement speed while Charging could maybe be slightly faster than it is right now.

Crouching:

• There is no way to "crouch-walk" (moving while you're half-crouching). This is a feature that should be implemented.
  • There is also no way to attack while remaining crouched.

Dashing:

• Dashing should be faster. It is way too slow to be used very effectively in a fast-paced game such as Warframe.

Hovering:

• Improve movement speed while Hovering.
  • Make Hovering keep you in the air better, make you lose height slower.

Animation:

• Make the recovery time for recovering from a fall shorter.
  • The animation for transitioning out of a Charge could be made faster.

Hold jump to jump higher would fix the biggest movement issue.

Adding in to HOVERING: Pressing space while hovering should rocket boost the necramech upwards-directionally for extra engine cost. After all, the enemy necramech you fight near the end of the Heart of Deimos questline does fly in.

I love you guys's ideas! All the recovery times/pauses that are everywhere sure are annoying. I understand how they are meant to reinforce the clunky/slow feel of the necramech, but there's no need for them to be so long and annoying. The pauses could be made much shorter and still serve the same purpose.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-12-19 at 12:32 AM, Hawkeye2404 said:

While Charging, the turn rate should be better than it is right now.

Is there a way (while charging/sliding) to turn without using A/D? I was expecting it to just follow my mouse (like, you know, nearly everything else in this game), but my mouse makes me look all around me while I'm crashing into stuff.

On 2020-12-20 at 5:36 AM, Smoove said:

There's a pause when you recover from sprint.

I haven't noticed it for sprint, but the one at the end of a slide/charge can be avoided by jumping (spacebar) out of the slide. It's quite smooth that way: charge, then jump into a sprint, no pause.

Archived