Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm not seeing a lot of Lavos threads

JackHargreav

8 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

This was mostly my feeling. He looks kind of interesting, but nothing he can do stands out and makes me go "wow I want to play that". Gauss and Protea did that, but not Lavos. Like he's a half support, half nuke frame I guess? But he requires so much setup for performance that's overshadowed by a lot of other frames. Lavos feels overshadowed by even his own signature weapon. Big meh.

🤔

Yeah I feel like the more frames they make, the more they need to make them feel interesting to get people who aren't close to MR30 to try them anytime soon. 

There's gotta be a hook, something to pull people in. Those of us vet or otherwise who have a lot of stuff and are grinding but aren't anywhere near MR30 just have so many things to try and to work on in game, we are going to prioritize most of the time based on what jumps out at us most out of hundreds of weapons and dozens of frames, getting close to what, 45-46 now? I forget it is getting to be so many. 

Hildryn I really wanted to try because the shield thing was unique, ditto some of Gauss's mechanics, and Protea if nothing else is invaluable with the Helminth system for Dispenser's ability to give people more flexibility on archgun leveling. Wisp is quite strong, and her passive is actually really cool, who wouldn't want to try that out? And it is great for some of the mastery tests. 

The main thing that makes Lavos unique makes him uniquely off putting -- his cooldown mechanic. 

The rest of what he has is an amalgamation of other frame stuff. He isn't even the only frame who can do elemental switching stuff, with Chroma being in existence. 

1 hour ago, killerJoke66 said:

The point with khora is she is one of the best defence and survival solo frames , it is really normal to pair her 4 with her 1 and outside of 'camping' that this forum seem to crucify , her whipclaw bug seems to be fixed that means you can use her 1 in casual missons running killing things even with the requiremnent of sight , and after the nerf i checked she was still packing the same punch , in the context shes been used in nothing has been changed (unless you want me to test her against same 7k level enemies if i dont die out of boredom).

i partially agree and disagree with this one , because even though they are separate in some cases some frames directly get affected by weaponary choice although i reckon thats not the case always , as for the proggression part , although a part of me likes scaling multiplicative damages(becuz you know .. ehmmm number pron) thats actually one of the things that hinder us from reaching a true endgame engaging content , because designing interesting enemies(ai wise) meanwhile these scaling monstrocities existing is prolly a more challenge to DE than to actually create enemies that can withstand the overall calculated damage players can dish out atm.

It's just that you can do the same with a normal melee without having to spend atleast 3 mods slots on it. And how did we suddenly get into casual missions? Dont get me wrong though, I'm all for the LoS requirement, I'm just saying she isnt as "good" as she was prior to that change, shes far from the best frame right now and not the braindead spam monster she was. She's still a good defense option alongside Vauban, Frost and Gara, she just on their level now, which is good.

And I agree, it leads to issues in creating content, but that doesnt mean we should abandon new releases (frames/weapons) just because they arent on par with a handful of outliers. You change the outliers in those cases. This goes for weapons like Kuva Nukor and it applies to frames like Saryn, Enox and other frames that ignore LoS requirements. DE needs to take the step and reduce our AoE options.

not a fan of abilities that are a combo of press and hold, that just screams console controller, and as i have 2-3 abilities bound to mouse i fully hate hold abilities, as a whole theres to much faffing around to want to bother using the full range of abilitys so i just ignore a lot of them as their more trouble than they are worth when you can just as easily hold lmb and delete an entire room with <<insert op explody wpn here>>.  And in lavos case, yeah you can debuff stuff, or you can just kill them all and move on.

I finally had a day to play him.Took him on normal missions, took him on sp and...he has a terrible playstyle for me.
Because of the cooldowns and the dependancy between his powers at the end I just stopped using them at all (except the probe, because it's an ok-ish cc, but not great).
Survivability - no real power if you don't depend on arcanes , mods etc. Healing from his 1 is not dependable and also it has a cooldown. The one thing that saves him is that he has shields = automatically better then inaros.
Damage - all of my weapons do way more in way less time without looking if my abilities are on cooldown or what element should I use in what order I mixed them.
cc - he has some...
Nothing of the above is enough to use his powers and look at what element to choose first, when to press this and that etc. ... very very annoying and not worth it.

tl;dr maybe a great idea, but for another game, for me he is just a slightly better inaros

Archived