Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm not seeing a lot of Lavos threads

JackHargreav

By now there would be at least one thread on how garbage the new frame is and whatnot. 

Anyways he is pretty good imo. I wasn't hyped for him. Barely cared that he's coming. But he's pretty fun and I think his Cc abilities are kinda better since they rely on status procs rather than some built in cc mechanic that maybe works maybe not.

Also having no energy is really nice. I don't even care that he has a cooldown timer on every ability. If you play your cards right it's rarely a problem. I wouldn't mind if every frame had this rather than whatever we have now.

I hope we get more unique frames like him in the future. He's pretty much up there with Gauss, Grendel and Hildryn for me.

The only real issues with Lavos have to do with his cooldowns. The kit is pretty decent aside from minor targetting issues and some QOL adjustments here or there.

Lavos is certainly not an overpowered frame but he is quite good. He won't replace the current meta and falls somewhere in the middle (which is pretty good for a frame on release).

There were threads on him but just from the "bought on day one" crowd. Most of them had to do with "remove cooldowns", Catalyze having no vertical reach, and he's good (for nuking) only when he has his shotgun for status priming.

Personally I've not had him long enough to go into higher level content but I am quite enjoying his kit. And while it's not everyone's cup of tea I'm pleasantly surprised by how differently he plays (in a good way) due to having cooldowns. Also his asthetics are on point enough to make him a frame I'll regularly use.

Mine is in the foundry, I didn't had to buy anything from the store, everything dropped running the event. I even lost my fisrt system due a crash. Since then I'm also making the helminth copy, farmed too. I think we will start to see more lavos threads like the next week.

16 minutes ago, trst said:

Personally I've not had him long enough to go into higher level content but I am quite enjoying his kit.

From what I could gather he's usable on most mission types and SteelPath. Both tileset and open world. Tho the corpus Comba units are still bugged and they give full on resistance to other corpus units. Which sucks a lot. Since the 1st ability becomes unusable.

I'll be honest I just have such a buffet of things to do right now in game he isn't even really on my radar. He looks interesting to me, but not standout enough to get me to try him right away out of all the tons of other things I still need to do right now that I consider higher priority in game. 

I am enjoying him, he has a few issues small ones that DE need to tweak namely his first not being able to be aimed and maybe some minor changes to how is cooldowns are handled but over all he is a great frame, he is not a frame for people who are used to ability spamming he is more of a set'em up and knock'em down kind of guy and I have no issues with that.

Played with him a little, not enough to get much of a feel yet. I know they've already addressed that issue with one of his skills having no vertical range already.

I love the visual that you get from his 1 and it's nice to have a second frame who doesn't need energy to do stuff. 

The only thing I've found irksome so far is that the skill he has to reduce cooldowns is his third, which means if you're taking him unranked somewhere to level up you cant really get going until you level up and unlock it again.

2 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Fine by me as long as they're not as ugly.

Seriously the only reason I won't build Lavos even though I have all the parts available is because he's so damn ugly.

He reminds me of the Barraki from Bionicle. So it's safe to say that he's kind of a win for me even on that front.

From my sessions with using him I often end up being way too conscious of his abilities.

This kinda goes against what i presume that is the design of his abilities, to enhance/support gunplay by inflicting status. But I often get distracted by those number values on his cooldown, no i don't think cooldowns hamper him in any way but i often find myself staring at them rather than the things i plan on maiming.

Depends on how you view his gameplay flow. Lavos is easy to learn and use, but requires proper research to make him shine against different factions.

Cooldowns ensure abilities cannot be spammed immediately, you wanting to imbue an element onto the next ability will shave off at least 0.5-1 seconds depending on your muscle memory and reaction speed (and tap/hold inversion if used), and the remaining cooldown time is used productively by casting another ability or maneuvering or gun & blade, etc. You are heavily encouraged/forced to make the most out of each cast, not just autopilot in a trance or mindless button mashing.

If you want to META with his kit, then research into his mechanics and elemental damage types vs enemies you'll fight. Learn each proc's effects baseline and stacked. Then tailor your arcanes and weapons to take full advantage.

Lavos is building atm.  I thought the parts would take along time too but then came to find out they drop on the event too so just a couple cycles I had all the parts.

I havn't played it yet but cooldowns are concerning to me.  If its one frame here or there that is one thing but Im a bit worried they may end up with cooldowns on all frames.  Who knows though time will tell

Just got him built a while ago,

Interesting but i dont think its my cup of tea,

being able to have any status in the game at your disposal is nice , but since there are limited good statuses anyway i am usually just keeping my vials on either corrosive or viral for his passive imbue.

Pairing with a good status priming weapon makes him very powerful (his signature shotgun especially)

i dont mind a little management to get more out of a kit , but Lavos needs you to constantly look at the bottom of the screen - it is not very intuitive whether the 3rd skill got few enemies or many. And the awkward finger use for secondary imbue effect is also something that i am not a fan of (the imbue itself is nice but implementation and application needs something to be desired).

i am using his 2 very often but it is not too reliable as it creates multiple small zones of effect some of which might miss the enemy completely , having to turn around and re target enemies you slid by is also a bit of an annoyance for me,

his 1 is too short range and the hitbox is not hitting most enemies in front of him i think i will subsume some other heal ability there cause i find it to be rubbish (i am curios what happens to abilities that are subsumed).

his 3 has great CC and utility but it is again making me stop , drop and look at things (enemies, ammo, cooldown) before using it cause if i use it at the wrong time it feels i wasted 13 seconds (cause there is a 3 seconds casting time over the 10 second cooldown i observed). It is also very finicky on terrain with slight elevation/obstructions where it may just randomly stop.

his 4 looks good and does decent damage if you have procd enough effect on enemies, but i am still finding issues with elevation and the cast time is rather significant some enemies shrug off their status effects by the time the probes get to them.

This is with 0 forma, i plan to use an umbra on him as his stats would greatly benefit from a full set maybe i can make some tweaks to overcome the issues i face (probably need some decent duration on him). i feel its more of a ME problem as the playstyle is something i am not used to, i do not think it is one i want to develop either.

Archived