Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would love more gun blade types.

TheMostFrench

Years ago I suggested that if DE ever considered a rework or revist of Mesa that she should be able equip ranged weapons in the melee slot and use them with melee stances for gun kata style that would combine melee with nearly any gun. The general idea was that she would fire the gun at each step of the combo, and physically hitting enemies with the guns would also hurt, so you could do stuff like have a fist weapon stance on the Akbronco, or a nunchuck stance on Twin Grakatas.

The more simple answer was gunblades, which offer a combo of range and melee using stances, and can be used by any Warframe. The current stances are pretty great and have a very shotgun/magnum feel while offering some movement.

I would love to see more types of gunblade in different styles, and stances for them at some point in the future.

Here are some suggestions:

- Dual gunblades, with more of an SMG style stance that does bursts of fire covering a wider arc, or allow for the attack button to be held down for longer shooting (the does low damage but can lift or stun enemies when they are overwhelming in number).

- A larger, two handed gunblade with wide sweeping melee and high accuracy for long range, penetrating shots. As a starting point I'm picturing some kind of sheathed blade crossed with a bolt action rifle, where the locking/unlocking of the sword reloads the rifle for another shot, with the handle of the blade acting as the rifle stock. Check out Jetstream Sam from Metal Gear Rising if you haven't seen it. In that game his sword is fired out of the sheath and he catches it mid-air: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/78/f5/a6/78f5a634a237e8ebfe9428a18ff9d6cd.jpg

- Beam weapons as gunblades, where the charged/battery section of the beam is exposed. Stances can be based around 'overclocking' the weapon where a wave of energy is released at the end of some melee combos, e.g one stance might have a punchthrough effect similar to Arca Plasmor. Others might have unique effects like leashing enemies together causing them to share some damage, or be unable to move.

- A heavy weapon grenade 'gunblade' but not technically a gunblade at all, because it uses a fist weapon stance. You are basically punching and kicking hand grenades into the bodies and armour of your enemies so hard that they don't have time to remove them before they explode. Some steps in the combo also throw and kick grenades at enemies. This might offer a compromise for hand grenade weapons that some people have wanted for a while. On their own, hand grenades are slow and clumsy to use in a fast paced game like Warframe, but combining them into a melee weapon stance allows them to be used quickly without creating an entirely new class of weapon.

2 hours ago, ShichiseitenYasha said:
  Hide contents

Pin on zombie apocalypse 

Pin by Kri Grenier on Geek | Sword, Firearms, Steampunk armor

Kanshou and Bakuya | TYPE-MOON Wiki | Fandom

I mean, these are technically already in the game as the Akjagara Prime. Just move the entire weapon into melee. 

Katsuki Bakugo | Character Profile Wikia | Fandom 

copyright infringement copyright infringement everywhere - Anonymous,  Anonymous Everywhere | Meme Generator

Nice RWBY reference! I think Yang's fist weapon would be a cool "gunblade" too... that one can also shoot!

5 hours ago, TheMostFrench said:

Haha I'm glad I followed this one since your preview didn't work for me. I've never seen or heard of this show before, who is the character? I'm guessing they do something like what I described?

His name is Bakugo from My Hero Academia. Essentially, he's able to create explosions of all types, like a stun grenade or just a giant dynamite blast. It'd be pretty close to what you were describing if they emulated his grenade gauntlets. 

7 hours ago, ShichiseitenYasha said:

His name is Bakugo from My Hero Academia. Essentially, he's able to create explosions of all types, like a stun grenade or just a giant dynamite blast. It'd be pretty close to what you were describing if they emulated his grenade gauntlets. 

Thanks for sharing that. The idea of a person having a fist weapon that is, in itself, a gigantic grenade had never occurred to me. It's actually a pretty cool idea.

I was imagining these kinds of movements in the videos below; closer to freestyle juggling. The weapon would be a large explosive or a few grenades, and some of the combos would let you throw or kick them into enemies from a distance. The current logic of gunblades is that they have infinite ammo, so the 'weapon' itself that the player is mastering is something like a belt of grenades, and the melee stance is their style of handling them.

22 hours ago, TheMostFrench said:

- A heavy weapon grenade 'gunblade' but not technically a gunblade at all, because it uses a fist weapon stance. You are basically punching and kicking hand grenades into the bodies and armour of your enemies so hard that they don't have time to remove them before they explode. Some steps in the combo also throw and kick grenades at enemies. This might offer a compromise for hand grenade weapons that some people have wanted for a while. On their own, hand grenades are slow and clumsy to use in a fast paced game like Warframe, but combining them into a melee weapon stance allows them to be used quickly without creating an entirely new class of weapon.

I don't know why but I'm laughing.... This idea is hilarious (in a good way).

22 hours ago, TheMostFrench said:

- Dual gunblades, with more of an SMG style stance that does bursts of fire covering a wider arc,

I've been thinking about this for some time. I've idea about dual gunblades but my graphic skills are not good so I postponed it a little. I may share it with you later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived