Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ambulas fight needs rework to be remotely entertaining.

DDH_VaporHU

So, I was doing the Ambulas fight and realized it is not up to par with the rest of the bosses. My suggestion is, to make the fight less booring, the required number of hacked Ambula's need to be increased to at least 30. Increasing the delivery ship timer is also advised. 24 hours of wait to the delivery ship is much more life-like and would also add some tension in the waiting part of the mission. Also, the double Ambulas waves needs to be removed, the reason for this is: it looks incdibly stupid when the delivery ship collects 2 ambulas to the 1 slot where only 1 Ambulas fits. It is ridiculous: have you ever got your pizza order, meat lover and vegetarian, delivered in the same box folded to face each other???? With these modifications, i am sre more player will run the Ambulas bossfight due to the increased fun-factor. Let me know if you agree with me.

This is the most sarcastic I was able to be. I hope it is obvious.

raising the number of item needed to do fight
making 5 minute time between to 24 hour for a ambulas dropship to come into a mission.
make boss fight much longer

what your asking is the opposite of what would happen, as you would make players do it much less due to the fact you would want each non boss ambulas to drop 1 beacon so would take 30 days to get enough to fight a boss that is needed to get basic trinity. 
this would force players who are wanting to get her to pay plat instead of having option to farm for her.

it certainly could use some adjustments so that it's more fun and less literally standing around AFK.

such as, rather than having to stand around waiting for nothing for like a few Minutes for the Dropships to pick up the Hacked Enemies, use a smaller Transport Ship that immediately gets sent out to pick up any Ambulas that gets disabled. so then the time crunch is Hacking it before the Dropship gets there like 15 seconds later, blasting in hot, grabbing it, and taking off again at breakneck speeds.

you could change the Dropships that carry Ambulas outside of the Boss Mission too, to such an alternative model so that it actually fits Frohds' voicelines talking about unmatched response times and such. if that's the case, why aren't Ambulas being air dropped in with Heatshields, and maybe picked up with a Sci-Fi version of Skyhook? this should be a really fast, and efficient system.

additionally, the Drones that normally purpose exist to.... ""unhack"" the disabled Ambuli, could instead be Healing Drones that are dispensed to give them some magic nanite juice or something to actively repair themselves. sorta like a Shield Drone for Health (but gradual rather than instant replenish to full, ofcourse).

then, the entire engagement in the Assassinate isn't about shooting the Ambulas then spamming AoE around it while going AFK, but directly about just fighting the complex, unique Enemy that the entire Mission is supposed to revolve around. focusing on the Gameplay.

like you suggest, that would involve increasing the number of Ambulas that you encounter since the encounter itself would be shorter now currently, but 30 is a bit extreme. around 8-10 would be more appropriate.

multiple Ambuli on the field at once is ok i think, with these adjustments, as then it doesn't visually look dumb anymore, and having more than one to deal with at time does spice things up.
could even go to 3 at a time in later "waves", with this.

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

such as, rather than having to stand around waiting for nothing for like a few Minutes for the Dropships to pick up the Hacked Enemies, use a smaller Transport Ship that immediately gets sent out to pick up any Ambulas that gets disabled. so then the time crunch is Hacking it before the Dropship gets there like 15 seconds later, blasting in hot, grabbing it, and taking off again at breakneck speeds.

you could change the Dropships that carry Ambulas outside of the Boss Mission too, to such an alternative model so that it actually fits Frohds' voicelines talking about unmatched response times and such. if that's the case, why aren't Ambulas being air dropped in with Heatshields, and maybe picked up with a Sci-Fi version of Skyhook? this should be a really fast, and efficient system.

This part alone would spice up the mission. 10/10 would fight. 

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

it certainly could use some adjustments so that it's more fun and less literally standing around AFK.

additionally, the Drones that normally purpose exist to.... ""unhack"" the disabled Ambuli, could instead be Healing Drones that are dispensed to give them some magic nanite juice or something to actively repair themselves. sorta like a Shield Drone for Health (but gradual rather than instant replenish to full, ofcourse).

then, the entire engagement in the Assassinate isn't about shooting the Ambulas then spamming AoE around it while going AFK, but directly about just fighting the complex, unique Enemy that the entire Mission is supposed to revolve around. focusing on the Gameplay.

like you suggest, that would involve increasing the number of Ambulas that you encounter since the encounter itself would be shorter now currently, but 30 is a bit extreme. around 8-10 would be more appropriate.

multiple Ambuli on the field at once is ok i think, with these adjustments, as then it doesn't visually look dumb anymore, and having more than one to deal with at time does spice things up.
could even go to 3 at a time in later "waves", with this.

When I wrote my obviously sarcastic opening, I hoped it would spice up someones fantasy enough, to suggest something actually impressive. THIS is impressive.

5 hours ago, HiTted123 said:

have you ever got your pizza order, meat lover and vegetarian, delivered in the same box folded to face each other????

There are pizza places that, yes you can order two different pizzas on the same pizza. That way you don't have to order two separate pizzas.

4 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Yes, and let's remake Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, so that ''The End'' boss fight actually takes 3 weeks.

Isn't that the fight that can be skipped entirely?

Archived