The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus - More nodes to unbind

Scar.brother.help.me

Since melee rework Naramon's passive that lets combo counter decay by 5 instead of all at once is just way too good to switch to another school. Zenurik's "Melee combo efficiency" could be a nice feature for normal+heavy attacks builds, but again - Naramon's passive is way good to let go if you use melee.
Some other schools are almost never even used except you build for one specific situation to use some particular ability. Imo all the passives could be unbind and it wouldn't be op at all, they mostly give QoL and little boosts. Actives are a bit more tricky, but passives are ok to be all shared and combined. At least Focus would be worth grinding.

I would suggest the passives from different schools could be used with less power, let's say the zenurik melee combo efficiency would be only half on different schools. Your knowledge from other schools would essentially bleed over but you wouldn't be able to utilize them fully unless you commit to the style.

I agree that Naramon's decaying melee counter is especially powerful. But I think part of the reason for that is that the melee combo counter is overpowered in the first place, due to the existence of Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds.

The light and heavy attack system was obviously designed and intended to be used in a way where you mix both light attacks and heavy attacks, using light attacks most of the time and being rewarded with a free heavy attack every now and then. Instead, players build exclusively for either light attacks or heavy attacks. The reason why players would build exclusively for light attacks is because of Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds, which are the only remaining ways to benefit from the combo counter with light attacks. Because we get such a ridiculous crit chance and status chance bonus, we never want to perform heavy attacks as we would lose DPS by doing so. I really genuinely believe Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds need to just be deleted from the game, or made to only apply to heavy attacks. Buff up the base light attack damage if needed, but those mods have to go.

If you remove Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds, suddenly Naramon's decaying melee counter won't seem so overpowered anymore.

In regards to Zenurik's Energizing Dash, I always believed that Passive Energy Regeneration should be a universal passive for all Warframes, , regardless of Focus school, and remove all energy orbs. Or at the very least make En Dash Way Bound.

Passive En Regen maybe could be not as powerful, but you can increase it with specific game mechanics, for example, performing heavy attacks or kills, headshots, melee kills, etc, plus specific abilities like En Vampire.

Imo at least ^^

46 minutes ago, SteveCutler said:

I agree that Naramon's decaying melee counter is especially powerful. But I think part of the reason for that is that the melee combo counter is overpowered in the first place, due to the existence of Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds.

The light and heavy attack system was obviously designed and intended to be used in a way where you mix both light attacks and heavy attacks, using light attacks most of the time and being rewarded with a free heavy attack every now and then. Instead, players build exclusively for either light attacks or heavy attacks. The reason why players would build exclusively for light attacks is because of Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds, which are the only remaining ways to benefit from the combo counter with light attacks. Because we get such a ridiculous crit chance and status chance bonus, we never want to perform heavy attacks as we would lose DPS by doing so. I really genuinely believe Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds need to just be deleted from the game, or made to only apply to heavy attacks. Buff up the base light attack damage if needed, but those mods have to go.

If you remove Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds, suddenly Naramon's decaying melee counter won't seem so overpowered anymore.

You clearly don't know S#&$ about what you're talking. Heavy attack builds are the most overpowered builds currently (just look at glaives, lmao), combo builds are mostly trash nowadays unless you make a hybrid combo + heavy attack build like I did for my weapon. 

Try pushing some high numbers on endurance and come back here later.

6 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

Since melee rework Naramon's passive that lets combo counter decay by 5 instead of all at once is just way too good to switch to another school. Zenurik's "Melee combo efficiency" could be a nice feature for normal+heavy attacks builds, but again - Naramon's passive is way good to let go if you use melee.
Some other schools are almost never even used except you build for one specific situation to use some particular ability. Imo all the passives could be unbind and it wouldn't be op at all, they mostly give QoL and little boosts. Actives are a bit more tricky, but passives are ok to be all shared and combined. At least Focus would be worth grinding.

Bro, no. Naramon's passive is just a basic QoL, if you ever go against anything above lvl 100 you will mostly, 9 out of 10 spam melee and from then on this passive skill became useless. 

This passive is only ever good if you plan on NOT using melee that often, if you ever want to spam melee then there's no reason to bother about this.

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)GodMasterTP said:

You clearly don't know S#&$ about what you're talking. Heavy attack builds are the most overpowered builds currently (just look at glaives, lmao), combo builds are mostly trash nowadays unless you make a hybrid combo + heavy attack build like I did for my weapon. 

Try pushing some high numbers on endurance and come back here later.

You are wrong about light attacks, they are very powerful when u need to perform some stable dps in SP/Arbi.

55 minutes ago, (XBOX)GodMasterTP said:

Bro, no. Naramon's passive is just a basic QoL, if you ever go against anything above lvl 100 you will mostly, 9 out of 10 spam melee and from then on this passive skill became useless. 

This passive is only ever good if you plan on NOT using melee that often, if you ever want to spam melee then there's no reason to bother about this.

I kind of agree with you, I've noticed that myself, but as a QoL this passive is just very good to have mostly if you don't play solo and your team doesn't stand afk but kills everything on sight - this is when it is useful and some waiting time between waves, etc.

2 hours ago, SteveCutler said:

Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds need to just be deleted from the game, or made to only apply to heavy attacks

Considering the idea is to mix together light and heavy attacks, I've thought making BR and WW trigger on a heavy attack for a duration would be a better means of encouragement. E.g., build up combo -> heavy attack -> get crit / status bonus for, say, 10s + 1.5*(combo multiplier) seconds. That could also put a bit of synergy on Zenurik's combo efficiency, FWIW.

As GodMasterTP points out, though, heavy attack builds are pretty strong as well, and if we are aiming to mix together light and heavy attacks, that should probably see some kind of adjustment too. (Though I'd say many melee stances need more touch-ups for that to feel good. Looking at Glaives mainly...)

Otherwise, yeah, I can see many more Focus nodes being waybound - whether as-is or neutered slightly when outside of that school (or, in at least a few cases, buffed a lot when within that school). Not the least being the tree system meaning you have to burn energy with Void Radiance to get to Void Strike, for example.

Archived