Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning to dojo after a mission makes your fps drop to a single digit

---RV---Maniac

normally i don't use Navigation from anywhere but the Orbiter, but Railjack ends up involving scenarios like that so i've seen the same via Railjack - Aborting a Railjack Mission send to to your Dojo and the Framerate will be quite bad until it finishes loading the Dojo. but the performance being particularly bad doesn't seem to be due to the actual loading, but rather being a Bug of some sort.

I'm curious: those that have the drop in fps during mission return: are your dojos highly decorated? Meaning, are there a ton of items placed in a bunch of rooms in your dojo? Because that might explain the fps drops while loading back into dojo during mission return - the game is trying to catch up and load everything during the time that would usually occur during the loading screen (lander/railjack flying in). As it is currently it looks like the dojo is loading in behind the mission progress screen and we see the fps tank as the game is loading the dojo and all its rooms and items at once. You can see a similar fps drop while returning back to the orbiter as well but not as extreme since it's likely loading in less stuff in the Orbiter.

Personally, my own dojo is highly decorated and I get the fps drops at mission return and in fact I've seen the objects load in in groups when loading back into the dojo while fps is tanking, leading me to suspect that this is probably the root cause.

So, the simple solution would be to bring back the lander load screen during the return from missions and only show the mission progress screen AFTER the player has actually fully loaded into the dojo/lander/relay. The more complex solution (and the one that I'm confused is not already in place) would be to only load the items that are in view of the player at a given time. Perhaps the nature of the dojo being entirely player customizable prevents typical obect culling techniques. No one knows but DE.

That is if this is actually the cause and not something else entirely.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing DE has ignored a bug like this for so long. Not even any acknowledgement of it (last I checked) here, on Trello or in the Bug mega thread where it has also been reported as part of the RJ thread. 

On 2021-04-01 at 10:27 AM, XXOUTT said:

Not even any acknowledgement of it (last I checked) here, on Trello or in the Bug mega thread where it has also been reported as part of the RJ thread. 

if they ignore it, it'll just go away, right?

https://imgur.com/a/q2P9bPm

Suposedly the gpu and cpu are not loading anything during the loading screens. Which leads to the fps drop when we actually reach dojo.
The fact that they don't adress this at all is pretty sad. 90% of the bugs they fixed in the latest patches are not as annoying as this 1 and this bug has a 100% guarantee of happening.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, just a heads up, we have been able to reproduce this issue internally and we're currently in the process of trying to track down a fix. I apologize for not chiming in sooner, but I can assure you that this has been on our radar for a while now.

On 2021-03-23 at 12:56 AM, Vlaun said:

I'm curious: those that have the drop in fps during mission return: are your dojos highly decorated? 

From what we've seen, the number of decorations in the dojo does play a role in how intense the framerate drop is. The problem we're trying to solve on our end is why this happens after returning from a mission, and not when arriving from the Orbiter.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep same issue for me, another thing that i have noticed is that from time to time its getting stuck on that mission complete screen and since i cant move the mouse due to the 1-2 fps i cant hit the exit, in addition the ESC key is not working as well, which happens not only in this situation but even during a regular mission, but im not sure if its related or just a different bug in general.

• 9 months later...

Archived