Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Of Us Dont Have So Many Hours To Invest On This Game.

HoverHook

Really, I haven't played warframe that long, but this new event is extremely taxing on casual players. I am lucky if I manage to cram three missions into my day's schedule, and now I have to do a mission 5 times to get the pay, and have to do a lot more to get the cooler stuff? And the worst part is that it taunts us with weapons I'll guess are exclusives, so it's now or never. better ignore my real life work, gotta get these rewards! This is extremely fustrating for me (and I guess I am not alone on this). It's good to reward players for playing, but it's not good to punish them for not playing enough. Perhaps doing less missions would have been better, but I guess it's too late to change now.

This event has already done a lot compared to other events by being scheduled for 7 days instead of the usual 2.  So just find some time to play, and even with a packed schedule you should be easily able to get 25 missions in 7 days which will get you the exclusive rewards.  The handcannons will either be clan tech or released in other events.

This game wouldn't be much for you if you can't cram in more than 3 mission per day. Since the game is pretty much known for being very heavy on repetitive. Another nickname is Farmframe. Though these event mission can usually be done in 3-10 minutes depending on what kind of frames your squad gets. If Nova would be one among them the round would be over very fast due to her ultimate.

Not all games are made for all people and events usually favors those who have more time to spend on it, to keep the event running.

One thing to think about is that there's a possibility that the only exclusive thing would most likely be the Wraith/Vandal. The 100 mission ones are more likely going to be early access then release in the Research labs.

This event has already done a lot compared to other events by being scheduled for 7 days instead of the usual 2.  So just find some time to play, and even with a packed schedule you should be easily able to get 25 missions in 7 days which will get you the exclusive rewards.  The handcannons will either be clan tech or released in other events.

Source? I'm sitting at 30 atm and I really don't feel like playing 70 more of the same mission...

See, but tailoring all the rewards to casual players means that people who are -actually- investing time in the game are given a watered-down challenge.

the watered-down challenge being not do the same thing over and over? even if you're a core gamer, the ammount of missions you have to do is extreme. Plus, it's an event, which basically means "rewards you can't get elsewhere" and "do it fast because time is running short".

I'll later go play 5 missions to atleast get the battle pay, but this whole thing has left a bad taste in my metaphorical mouth

the watered-down challenge being not do the same thing over and over? even if you're a core gamer, the ammount of missions you have to do is extreme. Plus, it's an event, which basically means "rewards you can't get elsewhere" and "do it fast because time is running short".

I'll later go play 5 missions to atleast get the battle pay, but this whole thing has left a bad taste in my metaphorical mouth

Ive been doing only 5 missions per node, missed out on around 5 and I have reached 100 today since the event went out.

Ive managed to squeeze in 10 missions in 40 minutes.

If you cant spare 1 hour per day for the event, then it wasnt for you.

I know its boring, but in a whole week it isnt that time consuming, just plain boring at some point.

Just gonna say that is not true.

If you have Rhino or Nova in the group or a Mag, you are going to kill that army fast since the area you run through changes very little so you can actually dash the entire route. Nova just has to get close to the enemies and use her ulti. Boom all dead with a single kill after use. Rhino does stop that pretty much kill the army and Mag can pull all those enemies with little effort.

Think I managed to do it under 2min with Nova, mostly because all the mobs came in 3-4 big rooms, So I could easily wipe them out.

You can't expect that an event is stitched together so people who only have half an hour now and then can get the big rewards.

I'm sorry you don't have more time on your hands, and that you probably won't get the T3 reward. But please don't try to pull down more boring content upon the rest of us.
Granted I have a ton of time at the moment and I have begun to run out of things I can do. I realize that not everybody can play as much as I do and therefore I will not complain about the lack of content.
You should as well see this but from the other side of the scale. You have very limited time to play, but must realize that a lot of people have more.

You and I are in both ends of this scale and we cannot expect that the DEs will change the game/events in our favor.

On a side note.
If you don't have time to complete 100 missions over the span of 7 days then you are not a casual gamer. Then you barely play at all.
Without any reference I would say at least 1 hour per day is the bare minimum you have to play to be classified as a casual gamer. But "casual gamer" and the time needed to achieve that title is of course very relative.

I hope you find more time for the next event.

One mission takes 3 minutes, you need to do 100 missions, that's 300 minutes, which is 5 hours.

5 hours of gameplay over 7 days, if that's not casual enough then I'm afraid the event might not be for you ^^

5 hours of repetitive gameplay. and that time is if you play against corpus. the grineer are though to kill, and you have to be very careful with the heavy units and the eviscerators

Asking me to do 1/20th of my grand total of played missions over hundreds of hours in just a week? Challenge accepted... and done... Wasn't as bad as I thought but very boring to say the least

I've just done 25 missions a day. Wasn't too bad for me either. Playing Nova while online makes them 1-3 min runs.

EXTREMELY boring though. I hope DE gets away from these grindfests that they have the nerve to call events..

Edited by Maljas23

Honestly, the solution is simple:

Weekend events need to reward player skill, not grinding.

As long as the winner is just the person who sacrifices the most time, it's a futile exercise.

EDIT: Although, on second thought, nothing in Warframe really requires anything more than the most rudimentary of skills.

Edited by SilentCynic

Honestly, the solution is simple:

Weekend events need to reward player skill, not grinding.

As long as the winner is just the person who sacrifices the most time, it's a futile exercise.

EDIT: Although, on second thought, nothing in Warframe really requires anything more than the most rudimentary of skills.

lol, have you seen what happens when the level 120 alerts come up that have a good prize?  It's nothing but region chat complaining about how it's unobtanium.  Now imagine that with not just a 1 hour alert, but a week long event.

I think this event is about right.  It's easy enough that all players can participate, and there are prize tiers so that at least casual players get something.  Mostly, it bugs when I see people with an attitude of "I want something but am not willing to put effort towards it, and that's unfair."

Edited by Unagi604

I know this shouldnt be an excuse, because its a sad one, but Warframe is grind and time-consuming. I hope future events are like the survival event, in which we were rewarded greatly for twenty minutes of free time. Not rewarded for doing 100 missions of basically the same thing, and when you do the math, even if you complete each at about five minutes, thats 500 minutes(8h20m). Over 8 hours of the same thing! Im surprised i didnt go crazy after that.

I get the impression that the exclusives are only the 25 wins tier and the badges, and the top award will just be more convenient/already potatoed, but also available as a blueprint you can find later on, although i am not sure if it will be that easy...

secondly, don't be a jerk and ditch lobbies with nova in them since it's the fastest way to clear the area

likewise, don't be a nova jerk and run too far ahead for anybody else to get exp

Edited by weirdee

Really, I haven't played warframe that long, but this new event is extremely taxing on casual players-

I had to stop reading right there. No doubt other people have posted this already, but...

There have been (and will be) a total of 20 battles being fought.

In order to obtain the battle pay for each battle, you need to do 5 missions for one of the factions.

5 x 20 = 100. <--- The event's highest reward basically just means getting a "100% completion" in this event. (of course, you don't have to obtain all of the battle pay rewards. Can just do random contested battles.)

1 mission takes about 5 minutes tops if you're in a group (including pugs.)

5 minutes x 5 missions = 25 minutes. Let's round that up to 30 minutes because random crap can and will happen.

Now, we had 7 days to get 100 missions done.

7 X 24 = 168 hours. 60 minutes X 24 hours = 1440 minutes.

100 missions x 5 minutes = 500 minutes.  500 minutes / 60 minutes = 8.33~ hours.

What does this all say?

One day = 1440 minutes. 500 of those minutes, if one chooses, can go straight into this event. In one day someone can finish this event.

500 minutes = 8.33~ hours. 7 days = 168 hours. So you're telling me that a casual player can't play about 8.5 hours of a video game within 7 days for an event?

Now all of what I just wrote isn't some random number jargin. I've been levelling up my Trinity (started the event around rank 5). My Trinity is slow, rather cumbersome, and is currently only useful to the team for her healing which she can barely do. Yet I'm able to complete my runs around 5 minutes each. I play whenever I like during the day or the evening. I didn't give myself a schedule, didn't force myself to sacrifice any time for other games or real life stuff, didn't do anything that would label this event as being "hardcore oriented", yet I'm currently at 92 missions.

Let's also keep in mind, that the true exclusive rewards are at 25 missions. The Wraith Machete or Vandal Prova. These are event exclusive, and frankly anyone can play 2 hours of Warframe in 7 days to obtain those. 2 hours in 7 days...Yeah, that's "hardcore" alright.

The 100 mission rewards are NOT exclusive. The Brakk and Detron WILL be dropped by Sargas Ruk and Alad V when they're released. Either that, or they'll simply be available in the marketplace. The true prize is these weapons being prebuilt, supercharged, and given their own inventory slot.

Now can we stop with this nonsense?

Edited by SoulEchelon

Really, I haven't played warframe that long, but this new event is extremely taxing on casual players. I am lucky if I manage to cram three missions into my day's schedule, and now I have to do a mission 5 times to get the pay, and have to do a lot more to get the cooler stuff? And the worst part is that it taunts us with weapons I'll guess are exclusives, so it's now or never. better ignore my real life work, gotta get these rewards! This is extremely fustrating for me (and I guess I am not alone on this). It's good to reward players for playing, but it's not good to punish them for not playing enough. Perhaps doing less missions would have been better, but I guess it's too late to change now.

You're not being punished for not playing.  You're simply not able to earn rewards because you cannot meet the requirements.

DE doesn't know your personal schedule or habits.  They are not making the rules to punish you.

It's a simple choice.  Modify your schedule to fit their requirements for a week or accept that you won't be able to obtain the items since what you are doing instead is more valuable to you (i.e.: work, school, family, etc).

As the philosopher Jagger said: "You can't always get what you want".

At any one time, there are 4 battles.

Each requiring 5 games to gain the reward, that is 20 points.

There is 7 days so even if you are casual team greed, it won't take that long.

And this event is actually less grindy then the Grineer informer one.

Edited by fatpig84