Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Landing Craft Loading Screen is kind of Immersion Breaking

BlueQuiller

I feel that the loading screens with your landing craft pretty much all feature some background of blue sky with clouds passing by and a point light sun, when most of the time the landing craft is just moving through space and not an atmosphere that looks like Earth's when heading to a level.

I guess most of the time I've played I just ignored this but after a hundred or so hours I've finally noticed it's fairly jarring.

27 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

This should be addressed when Railjack becomes fully part of the game, more then likely Landing Crafts will be removed from the game or edited in such a way, where they act as dropships.

I highly doubt that , landing craft as both lore and gameplay reasons is to integral to be removed .

19 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

I highly doubt that , landing craft as both lore and gameplay reasons is to integral to be removed .

Maybe, but I'll love to see it.

We can still keep the Orbiter if we really have to, but the RJ can just dock on there, rather then having it on top being held on by a giant dog leash, all the landing craft stuff (Market/Codex/etc) can go into either the Railjack itself or Orbiter

4 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Maybe, but I'll love to see it.

We can still keep the Orbiter if we really have to, but the RJ can just dock on there, rather then having it on top being held on by a giant dog leash, all the landing craft stuff (Market/Codex/etc) can go into either the Railjack itself or Orbiter

Orbiter serves as mobile base of operation as well an entire arsenal and landing craft dock hidden away from unwanted eye's. Moving to railjack would mean we would put our self's , our home , our equipment and our means of operation to jeopardy as railjack can be potential destroyed in combat.

To quote Ordis "I'm a stealth ship not a combat pod , do you want me to deploy archwing ?"  

On 2021-02-20 at 11:53 PM, Firetempest said:

They have been adding new loading screens every once in awhile. They will likely add lorewise railjack ability to let landers piggyback to a planet. People have put too much money in buying and customizing landers to remove them.

rl62tns2vtj41.jpg

Interesting, I've never seen such a loading screen on PC. Looks like consoles are getting some cool advance features.

On 2021-02-28 at 1:26 PM, BlueQuiller said:

Interesting, I've never seen such a loading screen on PC. Looks like consoles are getting some cool advance features.

Used to be THE loading screen on PC, with inverted Y axis controls. I'm not certain they meant to leave the one in that makes an appearance so rarely.

• 3 weeks later...

Update since Railjack Retrofit: I'm seeing the more accurate loading screens a lot more often now! I think the only place where I see the blue sky one anymore is for p2p host migration which makes sense. (though it doesn't take into account the appearance of the skies of each planet, but that's just a nitpick)

Archived