Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Grendel

Crabopoulos-Michael

Question

Hi all, I'm saving up some vitus essence to farm Grendel and have a couple questions:

1. Do locators get consumed if I fail the missions? I like the no mod challenge thing but I'd like to try different frames and weapons to do it so the odds are I'll die and probably fail some. 
  2. I know operators can't be used but what ab passives like power spike, do these work at all?

Thanks all!

10 answers to this question

Not exactly the info you asked for but I picked up a couple things from getting grendel for helminth.  There is lots of advice out there, but most of it predates lavos.  And since lavos core function is to automatically scale to the difficulty of any mission anyway, he works great.  You don't have to cheese the missions or do any special tricks, he just works as is, you won't encounter the few enemies he just doesn't handle well.  The other thing to note is that companion precepts still work, which makes panzer vulpaphyla especially useful.

hace 57 minutos, mkah_mvet dijo:

Not exactly the info you asked for but I picked up a couple things from getting grendel for helminth.  There is lots of advice out there, but most of it predates lavos.  And since lavos core function is to automatically scale to the difficulty of any mission anyway, he works great.  You don't have to cheese the missions or do any special tricks, he just works as is, you won't encounter the few enemies he just doesn't handle well.  The other thing to note is that companion precepts still work, which makes panzer vulpaphyla especially useful.

Agree! Lavos is one of the most interesting options fo sure. Actually, I already took him to normal mot survival without mods the other day and he works great, u just have to cast 1 more often and imbue radiation in other attacks to reduce aggro. Another one I have in mind is ash with savage silence, rising storm and arcane trickery, if I get enough energy to get that invisible bladestorm loop going it should make things very easy. As for weapons I'm not sure tho, maybe a zaw with contagion or something with innate elemental. Will see, any suggestion is also welcomed here 🙂.

8 hours ago, (NSW)Spektr3 said:

Hi all, I'm saving up some vitus essence to farm Grendel and have a couple questions:

1. Do locators get consumed if I fail the missions? I like the no mod challenge thing but I'd like to try different frames and weapons to do it so the odds are I'll die and probably fail some. 
  2. I know operators can't be used but what ab passives like power spike, do these work at all?

Thanks all!

Maybe you will need some help from other people. Doing those missions alone without any mod is really complicated, and I think It is impossible in defense one. But you will see when you play those missions.

If you decide to go in a crew in defense one, protea is usefull with her 3rd ability, as It drops energy and health orbs.

57 minutes ago, lhardy said:

Maybe you will need some help from other people. Doing those missions alone without any mod is really complicated, and I think It is impossible in defense one. But you will see when you play those missions.

If you decide to go in a crew in defense one, protea is usefull with her 3rd ability, as It drops energy and health orbs.

Definitely not impossible, the Defense mission was pretty easy solo with Revenant.

Thanks all for the tips! I tried a few combinations but ended up doing it all with Lavos, just spamming toxin and radiation everywhere. Dunno how easy it is with Octavia but this guy makes it fairly easy.

En 12/3/2021 a las 20:32, lhardy dijo:

and I think It is impossible in defense one

Definitely the hardest of the 3, but totally doable solo with Lavos. The only issue I had was spending some time towards the end to let the defense target recover some health.

Archived