Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos Infested Weakness and Strengths

mega_lova_nia

Question

So im having trouble with deimos' infested. It seems like they can chew through my health really fast, even with a shatter shield and full rank adaptation. What kind of damage are they packing and why is my mesa weak against them? Most importantly, what are their actual weaknesses? because my status procs doesnt seem to affect their armor fast enough, even with an ignis wraith. What kind of damage are we looking for here? I know it's corrosive and blast, but even level 50 infested didn't flinch. How am i supposed to beat lvl 100 deimos infested?

4 answers to this question

Mesa's shatter shield only protects from projectiles, both their melee attacks and gas procs will ignore the damage reduction entirely. You can't just peacemaker everything to death, you need to adapt. Some Deimos units have armour, you have to strip it first if you wish to use Peacemaker or ignis on them. You're discovering what it's like when you use meta gear that meets a brick wall. Time to adapt your tactics.

most people neglect mesa's other defensive ability.  2 and 3 are both defensive, one works against bullets, the other works against melee and aoe enemies by stunning them.  A lot of people also seem to neglect mobility.  I always try to activate mesa's 4 mid bullet jump, and deactivate it asap.  Keeping moving helps your tank (as in there's actual code implemented specifically for this.)  Making sure your regulators aren't using viral will also help.

Don't. Use. Viral.

Viral is so meta heavy everywhere else but on Deimos most units are flat out immune to it.

Corrosive and heat work well enough. A couple of the heavy units you need to break certain points (Saxum shoulders for instance) because they're immune to all status until you do break these points.

It's as if the devs saw how broken status was post 2019 change and flipped it kn its head to mess with us 

Archived