Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Biggest issues I Have With the New Railjack Patch

AngryBAsian

Posting this again cause my original post got moved to a reply in some other post? 

1- It's not fun

Right now, it's fun because it's the new shiny toy. Oh the graphics are nice. Oh it's more like actual Warframe now.

Well the issue is

1- ppl won't give two S#&$s about the 'beautiful graphics' past week 2

2- the 'fun' people are having right now are from doing what they are used to + some incentive to farm new trophies (new mods and stuff)

The fun part of railjack right now isn't from railjack. It's from the ground mission. It's the same old stuff that we do on star charts. Once the RJ stops being the 'shiny new toy' or once everyone gets the loot they want, 90% of the players are going to leave RJ for good and never look back. 

2- There is 0 efficiency in RJ now

Before, people had Gian Point. It wasn't fun per say but people played it cause it was mighty efficient. Just like any other god damn farming maps/content in Warframe. I see some people saying Gian Point wasn't fun and you're right. But that wasn't the point of Gian Point. Farming for resources/affinity, after a certain point, isn't fun. Same goes for Giant Point.

The rewards you get from playing those long ass missions are hot garbage. If you are going to make RJ into Starchart 2.0 ft. APC(Railjack), at least make it worth it. Right now, there really are no incentive to keep people in RJ. it's the same old S#&$ but with less reward.

3- RJ has turned into APC

What I find really ironic with this patch is that it brought lot of updates to make playing RJ smooth/comfortable. The crews (except when you put them on pilot), ability to have your own set of abilities to use, cool new RJ weapons, and  etc are all great. But then, DE removes 90% of RJ component of the missions and slap on same old ground missions. 

I've seen some people say that shooting those turret and stuff is still keeping the RJ component but let's get real. That's like saying the mission is still ground mission when the missions asks you to kill 100 enemies with archwing and insert a chip into a cpu on ground and extract.

Yes there are still parts of the mission that asks you to kill crewships and disable those shield things but really. The corpus ships are easier to kill with archwing launcher and the side objs gives next to no rewards for doing them. 

Overall, this new Railjack patch has been a disappointment for me. What I wanted was space ship battles, not melee spam S#&$ I do on starchart and have done for the past 5 years. Yes there are still Grineer RJ maps. Yes I will be playing those until DE decides to add more space ship fighting maps. Sadly DE seems to want to go on the opposite direction so I will probably end up playing the Grineer maps endlessly until I get tired of it eventually. 

Thanks for listening to my rant lol

9 minutes ago, AngryBAsian said:

once everyone gets the loot they want, 90% of the players are going to leave RJ for good and never look back. 

Yup. That's what I'll do.

10 minutes ago, AngryBAsian said:

What I wanted was space ship battles

Me too.

Had hope that rj might turn into a decent spaceship battle game. But this update confirmed that it'll just die like many other features in warframe.

This rj finally gave me the confidence to just buy star wars squadrons instead.

By the time this update comes to console,  Outriders will be out. . And alot of warframe content creators will want to cover it. .  DE ready need a good update to keeps players interested.  But all I'm hearing is bad. . 

I for one will be playing Outriders over this. .. unlike Anthem  , Outriders looks to be a real competitor, and will give players wanting something different a reason to leave.  Some never to return. ..

DE douged the bullet with Anthems failure.   when they dropped that horrible railjack update. ..

I don't think this update will keep poeple interested for to long. ..

vor 2 Stunden schrieb AngryBAsian:

1- It's not fun

Right now, it's fun because it's the new shiny toy. Oh the graphics are nice. Oh it's more like actual Warframe now.

Well the issue is

1- ppl won't give two S#&$s about the 'beautiful graphics' past week 2

2- the 'fun' people are having right now are from doing what they are used to + some incentive to farm new trophies (new mods and stuff)

The fun part of railjack right now isn't from railjack. It's from the ground mission. It's the same old stuff that we do on star charts. Once the RJ stops being the 'shiny new toy' or once everyone gets the loot they want, 90% of the players are going to leave RJ for good and never look back.

I couldn't play it before. because you can forget about hosting with internet from the surrounding area.
When I was solo, this handicapped repair really bothered me while fighting. it was like that so I would work on the assembly line with no salary ........

but now it was solved with npc. and i can focus on fighting. railjack part is still ok. Most missions are extremely short and not challenging at all. it's like playing against lvl 1 with top weapons. You can hardly lose, but the whole thing doesn't make it hot either.

warframe part is miserable as already said. extremely easy and absolutely unnecessary. also these waiting every time everywhere ..... so really now?

besides, there are so many bugs here that playing apart from solo hardly makes sense.

1 hour ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

By the time this update comes to console,  Outriders will be out. . And alot of warframe content creators will want to cover it. .  DE ready need a good update to keeps players interested.  But all I'm hearing is bad. . 

I for one will be playing Outriders over this. .. unlike Anthem  , Outriders looks to be a real competitor, and will give players wanting something different a reason to leave.  Some never to return. ..

DE douged the bullet with Anthems failure.   when they dropped that horrible railjack update. ..

I don't think this update will keep poeple interested for to long. ..

While Outriders is good (damn good imo) it wont be WF, or compete with WF in the long run since it just wont have the longevity because it wont be a gaas game. It will be a game where we probably spend a couple of hundred hours to play through everything and gear our heroes, but then when that is said and done there wont be any future updates to wait on that brings alot of new content. Maybe, incase the game turns out to be a success, we'll get some paid for expansions later down the line.

So at best the game will last until people have fullfilled their goals, which may be anywhere from finishing the story to beating their personal best time records in expeditions or gearing out all 4 classes and their different builds.

Archived