Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Cant see other players when trying to trade in dojo/hub [Investigating]

Mostafaone55

Yes, we actually have very little in the way of knowing, generally speaking, what regulations get passed and when. There are many websites and VPN's that are blocked. So the situation here is quite dire. Any response from DE support would be greatly appreciated.

So I moved into a new place yesterday. I was playing Warframe earlier in the day at the house I moved from and was playing online just fine. Once I moved to the new place and set up my computer I have "failed to connect to chat server." and the error message telling me "Please ensure that your firewall permits ports 4950 & 4955" pops up every time I open the game and when I use the analyze network function in the settings. My roommate who has lived here for a few months has been playing Warframe with me before I moved in without any problems. The first thing I tried was to create a specific rule in my firewall to allow these ports which didn't work. I've restarted the router as well as my PC a few times to try and fix it but no luck. I tested his computer to see if it's a problem from my end or the router and was able to log into my account and be online (connected to chat servers, could see friends online, could join online matchmaking) but for some reason I am unable to do so on my own computer. I am connected through Wifi but I tested it with an ethernet cord as well and the same problem regarding the ports came up. I've tried everything I can think of and have submitted a ticket to support with the .log files from the launcher but would appreciate any suggestions from the community as well on how to fix the problem.

On 2021-04-24 at 4:42 PM, ISalezarI said:

tried everything on the Internet and still not working. it's an offline game to us now.

Going to 1.1.1.1 and using that software worked for me

The game works almost completely normal, it's just that there are certain people I can't invite; but they can invite me instead

Also turn it on before you open the game or you will appear to be offline to everyone

• Like 2

My guess is that Egypt as suspicious as it is right now, they do not want to allow the DTLS changes as it has blocked hundreds of other connections, I do not think this is the game's fault for using a protocol that ensures high security for the game. so to be precise I do not think a solution will be given anytime soon. they either change back the DTLS hub changes they mentioned or allow using a VPN. I am currently not playing the game but to save you time, do not try port forwarding even if you opened the ports it will not work, using cloudflare's dns service will make the connection work but it is unreliable connection that may not be working properly also no idea if warframe consider this bannable or not. i do not like the idea of waiting as it's been 25 days. i am expecting a reply just say something, if nothing is gonna change just tell us already. 

• Like 5

I'm just wondering if it's just me but has anyone been able to play a game with a squad since the last Hotfix.  Ever since the newest Hotfix I haven't been able to play a single game publicly with getting but into a squad even when it's saying it connecting and then it kicks he out before I can join.  I've tried to get into a single squad after playing more than 30 missions.  Not a single one was I able to get into a squad.  I can't even get into free roam missions with 25 or so open squads.  I just want to know if other people are having similar issues.  

PS. As I was writing this I heard from some of my friends they were having the same issues.  So I guess it's not just me.

On 2021-04-25 at 5:37 PM, Encuen said:

tested his computer to see if it's a problem from my end or the router and was able to log into my account and be online (connected to chat servers, could see friends online, could join online matchmaking) but for some reason I am unable to do so on my own computer

huh!, That is very weird and Interesting, Maybe if u can check his router settings, ofc if you are good with such things or with your roommate help and compare it to your own, Maybe you can find the differences, and u might be able to access warframe again!

Also if u share this info u might help a couple of countries in the process too 🤣

Good Luck to us all, Lost souls in the solo void

i cant play online without vbn program that was before the last update and now i cant play at all and when i talk to the support they say it will be fixed soon.

then the update has come but now changes but worth i cant play this game anymore with this problems. 

i have a message for the admins [ when you will solve this problems cuz we i egypt cant play like this anymore?]

thank you. 

i'm going to make assumptions about what you're trying to say: What kind of vpn are you using?

I recommend Proton or Mullvad. While I don't intentionally use these while playing warframe, I noticed I have no problem with them connected in conjunction with playing warframe.

oh hi me and my other friends have the same error, like the 4 of us, and we can't play the game together or see who is online or even chat in the clan tab, this error "Please ensure that your firewall permits ports 4950 & 4955" pops when we launch the game, if this is error is with the router can you tell my how to reach the firewall on a router?

since month we got the  invisible  so we can't see any player in cetus furtona dojo and also no player can see us ,,so this was arranged to ' no trade on the game ' as player we report this bug and all we got ' investigate ' till now , since 2 weak we lost the the opportunity to play with our friend so we can't received or sent invite on the game and as it happened previously we report this to the game support .

the important point of what happen now is "  we did not receive any respond from the game dev " to tell us what is the problem or when will it be resolved " 

If you contact support all they have " use vpn " okay but we still in big problem ,, using vpn to play with some one in eu host on ping between " 200 - 350 " is not good 

all we need is some one come out and told us Is there a solution to this problem or not because we are tired of waiting  

15 minutes ago, Tim0n0 said:

since month we got the  invisible  so we can't see any player in cetus furtona dojo and also no player can see us ,,so this was arranged to ' no trade on the game ' as player we report this bug and all we got ' investigate ' till now , since 2 weak we lost the the opportunity to play with our friend so we can't received or sent invite on the game and as it happened previously we report this to the game support .

the important point of what happen now is "  we did not receive any respond from the game dev " to tell us what is the problem or when will it be resolved " 

If you contact support all they have " use vpn " okay but we still in big problem ,, using vpn to play with some one in eu host on ping between " 200 - 350 " is not good 

all we need is some one come out and told us Is there a solution to this problem or not because we are tired of waiting  

This is a problem of some countries and ISPs blocking warframe connections apparently, as you can read here:

I can play, send invites, being invited and everything as usual, because my country or my ISP isn't blocking my traffic. This is why they suggest you to use VPN and this is why they can't say something about this or "just fix it" as you demand, because it's not on their end and probably they are trying to know why this is happenning and find a solution behind the scenes. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tim0n0 said:

First, I am sorry you are having this problem, it sucks. 

Support can take longer than two weeks to reply, it is quite normal, especially if your issue is hard to solve. I am guessing English is not your first language, because your post is a little difficult to understand. What is your country of origin? If they are telling you to use a VPN, it may be that your country could even be blocking certain access, which is not something DE can solve. But I don't want to assume exactly what your issue is. 

Edit: Ninja'd, vanaukas said it better than me.

Edited by Tesseract7777

19 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

This is a problem of some countries and ISPs blocking warframe connections apparently, as you can read here:

I can play, send invites, being invited and everything as usual, because my country or my ISP isn't blocking my traffic. This is why they suggest you to use VPN and this is why they can't say something about this or "just fix it" as you demand, because it's not on their end and probably they are trying to know why this is happenning and find a solution behind the scenes. 

do u think my country interested with warframe traffic and wait for game update to block it ? First issue come out after hotfix also the invite system get destroyed after sevagoth update released , if u want to tell my “ my country wait for warframe update to block the traffic i will laugh 

also there is no blocked game on egypt we can play every online game without vpn ,, why warframe specially 

27 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

First, I am sorry you are having this problem, it sucks. 

Support can take longer than two weeks to reply, it is quite normal, especially if your issue is hard to solve. I am guessing English is not your first language, because your post is a little difficult to understand. What is your country of origin? If they are telling you to use a VPN, it may be that your country could even be blocking certain access, which is not something DE can solve. But I don't want to assume exactly what your issue is. 

Edit: Ninja'd, vanaukas said it better than me.

Yes sir i’m from egypt and sry for my bad english , the point is we got this issue after game update , and every hotfix release the situation get worth and worth first update we lost the trade second one we lost the system invite 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Tim0n0 said:

do u think my country interested with warframe traffic and wait for game update to block it ? First issue come out after hotfix also the invite system get destroyed after sevagoth update released , if u want to tell my “ my country wait for warframe update to block the traffic i will laugh 

also there is no blocked game on egypt we can play every online game without vpn ,, why warframe specially 

I don't know your country issues regarding internet traffic, but from south america I have zero issues playing as usual. Cheers.

1 hour ago, Tim0n0 said:

who say there is problem in south america ? 

I think you are misunderstanding me. I'm using my geographical example to try to make you understand that the problem is your country and not a worldwide issue. Your thread was merged into another one with more insigths snd information about your problem, read it to know what's happenning.

Edited by vanaukas

you talk and you from south america that you have no problem  and you play normal. 

we was play normal as you but after the timpistarii update the game is offline for us so you thing that is a country  is problem here ?

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

I think you are misunderstanding me. I'm using my geographical example to try to make you understand that the problem is your country and not a worldwide issue. Your thread was merged into another one with more insigths snd information about your problem, read it to know what's happenning.

no sir i did't misunderstand u ,, every one has comment in this thread has the same issue and all we got since month is " Investigating " every player in the game get this issue after they update the host network and they solve it in 15 min i think ,, after that we got sevagoth update and the same issue back one more time ,, and till now they did't fix it ,, also if u google it u will know the same issue happen in 2018 and u will find some player has thread it warframe forum and in reddit ,, believe me it's not acountry block warframe port