Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

6 Quick Mission Fixes / Modifications for Corpus Railjack

UUDDLRLRBA_START

(1) Replace Corpus Defence with Survival (5:00). This game mode now actually makes sense since you are now surrounded by open space. Cephalon Cy can replace the unseen Tenno Operative in hacking data.

(2) Replace the hack-a-console for bonus loot with 3 hidden caches. Especially when it comes to the abandoned Freightlinker (and reduce the number of enemy spawns while you're at it) to give it that Dead Space Ishimura wreck feel. Finding all 3 caches will do a rotation A, B, and C reward.

(3) Instead of running around to avoid a magic spawning null-field to find interference drones, do a single spy vault (from the Jupiter tileset). Because lore-wise, magic spawning nullifier fields interfering with Cy's hacking is retarded. Pro-tip - find a weird ledge that supports your Warframe but not a normal floor, and the bubbles may not be able to target you.

(4) Nullifier fields should not affect Necramechs, just like how the mechs ignore enemy sourced status-procs. While you're at it, the rent-a-mechs should simply cooldown your existing mech timer and you should spawn into your own mech (with mods) and your weapon loadout (and mods). The animation sequence should be penalty enough.

(5) Use / reuse the existing Archwing missions (especially the crappy ones) for Railjack. The Grineer Courier Pursuit mission (Saturn - Pandora), and Archwing Rush (Phobos - Kepler) come to mind.

(6) If you are going to keep a defence mission, make it a space skirmish like Archwing Mobile Defence (Neptune - Salacia) with Railjack only elements and enemies. I think I rest my case there.

Just speaking for myself, but none of those changes would get me to want to play the Corpus Proxima missions.  Some of the changes you list would make the missions less unfun, but they'd all still be unfun.

My personal issue with the Corpus missions is that they're not "Railjack Missions".  They're ground missions with a small Railjack prologue.  The defense being there is an atrocity, but the rest are still not nearly as fun as the Grineer missions.  Because of the forced group ground stages.  I don't think using the crappy Archwing missions would make things better.  Making use of the Archwing somehow would, but as an addition to the existing Skirmish missions (not forced grouping away from the space map, but ON the space map).

But that's just me.  I don't need any drops from the Corpus missions, so I never have to play them again (as the drops now stand).  So I don't plan to.  Still enjoying the Grineer missions though.  Those will be where I grind out my last ~8 intrinsic levels.

On 2021-04-07 at 1:39 AM, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

(4) Nullifier fields should not affect Necramechs, just like how the mechs ignore enemy sourced status-procs. While you're at it, the rent-a-mechs should simply cooldown your existing mech timer and you should spawn into your own mech (with mods) and your weapon loadout (and mods). The animation sequence should be penalty enough.

I am discovering this information after your post and I will take the opportunity to criticize DE:
This has no logic to the game's history, this has no logic to the mechanics...
wtf if external warframes and auras cannot affect necramechs, why, why, why can nullifiers control necramech skills?

12 hours ago, Famecans said:

I am discovering this information after your post and I will take the opportunity to criticize DE:
This has no logic to the game's history, this has no logic to the mechanics...
wtf if external warframes and auras cannot affect necramechs, why, why, why can nullifiers control necramech skills?

Looks like they didn't think this through is my opinion on the matter.

Archived