Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy Tile Practice

pixelhoot

I feel like there's not enough practice available for Spy missions, since the tiles are in rotation often even between factions, and wanted to suggest possibly adding a practice mode to the simulacrum for these tiles specifically. You'd be able to select which one, in particular, you wanted from the factions and what tile.
I acknowledge there's a lot of time for the lower levels to get it right, and some of the tiles have been visually reworked to be easier to understand, but it still can be an incredible struggle if you get things wrong and have to try to learn them under stress.

Additionally, the Lua spy tiles are almost impossible to learn due to the fact they're at that higher level that gives you less time. I know many people that dread partaking in the activity due to that reason alone.

19 minutes ago, pixelhoot said:

but it still can be an incredible struggle if you get things wrong and have to try to learn them under stress.

That's the whole point, you are hacking into the enemy security systems, it's supposed to be under pressure. I also think that the system is not that complicated to understand, but I do agree that maybe a simulacrum would help new players to understand and nail the mechanics better. Meanwhile, low level missions are the only option to practice until they are good to go.

I don't know, why is that needed ? They're... in game. Hop in a tileset you want to learn the patterns of, and just do it

That's as weird as requesting all Sabotage missions to be added to Simulacrum for someone to know where all Caches can be hidden.

Also, there are several variations for the same vaults (not all shortcuts are always open for example), that is to be taken into account.

A simulacrum-style general tutorial mission for each game mode wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Like, a trial/simulation run (on the simulacrum tile with npc guidance) just detailing the basics of said game mode. For instance, on Spies, it could feature the 3 hacking terminals, some mock vaults (really easy, noob level, ones) and explain the rotation rewards, the detection mechanics, the difference between lasers and visual detectors and ways to possibly bypoass each of them (I.e. invisibility for visual detectors, phase abilities for lasers), and so on. No rewards involved, just the gift of practice, of course.

And then the player would be able to apply the general learnings from the mock run into the actual battlefield.

16 hours ago, vanaukas said:

That's the whole point, you are hacking into the enemy security systems, it's supposed to be under pressure. I also think that the system is not that complicated to understand, but I do agree that maybe a simulacrum would help new players to understand and nail the mechanics better. Meanwhile, low level missions are the only option to practice until they are good to go.

I agree it's good the missions are under pressure, it's good for the real gameplay experience. Additionally, once you really understand, solving the problems that come along in those tiles makes you feel incredible. Honestly if the time constraint were in the simulacrum it might not be so bad, since you could just repeat the tile immediately.

15 hours ago, Chewarette said:

I don't know, why is that needed ? They're... in game. Hop in a tileset you want to learn the patterns of, and just do it

That's as weird as requesting all Sabotage missions to be added to Simulacrum for someone to know where all Caches can be hidden.

Also, there are several variations for the same vaults (not all shortcuts are always open for example), that is to be taken into account.

Getting into the actual missions presents the issue of the vaults being randomized even when appearing within a faction. That extended time due to rotation can also inhibit retention of information overall. The simulation would help you complete the main objective in an efficient manner, rather than finding hidden baubles around the map. The randomization of the paths within the tiles wouldn't be so much of a problem anymore if you could narrow down the pool of possibilities you could select from with the tile, even if they'd still be randomized.

14 hours ago, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

A simulacrum-style general tutorial mission for each game mode wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Like, a trial/simulation run (on the simulacrum tile with npc guidance) just detailing the basics of said game mode. For instance, on Spies, it could feature the 3 hacking terminals, some mock vaults (really easy, noob level, ones) and explain the rotation rewards, the detection mechanics, the difference between lasers and visual detectors and ways to possibly bypass each of them (I.e. invisibility for visual detectors, phase abilities for lasers), and so on. No rewards involved, just the gift of practice, of course.

And then the player would be able to apply the general learnings from the mock run into the actual battlefield.

I'd love to have a tutorial overall with Lotus/Little Duck/Konzu walking me through the steps for all the missions (Little Duck already kind of does that in Disruption). I can't tell you how long it took me to even be able to say Disruption instead of Defection, let alone the mechanics of each mission type. I didn't even really understand there was a wiki online for my use until someone pointed it out to me, and I still had a hard time remembering to use it....to study to play the game haha! But I think it would deepen player immersion to have an ingame tutorial rather than breaking it by making the wiki the best place to go and read.

Thank you all for your feedback! It refines this idea and makes it stronger. :>

16 hours ago, Chewarette said:

I want this....

And while we're at it... All Tiles should be Added to the Simulacrum with a Maker for all the Potential Locations were an Ayatan Treasure might Spawn.

On 2021-04-06 at 11:04 PM, vanaukas said:

It's a struggle for new players without easy access to silenced weapon mods and the Warframe movements system (moving and ducking results in sliding).

Archived