Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Do Not Discard The Detron...

Braken

Thats likely what they will do with the guns, but the Vandal Prova will be gone forever after this. They wont be putting that on any drop tables or mission rewards when they are time limited and exclusive.

What a waste of making a weapon.

I don't even think the Corpus weapons exist.

Umm, guys. The only super exclusive content so far were all Wraiths, Vandals, and some Primes (Founders). Last I checked, neither Brakk or Detron are Wraiths nor Vandals. Only the melee weapons are.

IMO, we're more likely to be locked out of the losing melee weapon.... which is honestly totally fine because no one really cares for melee weapons. Also, Machete Wraith is totally badass looking, even if it sucks. (Your opinion may vary). I have no worries that the guns will show up as a relatively common reward at some point, most likely as a boss drop BP like many have said.

The Detron data will be stashed away somewhere until "later", presumably at least several months later if things like the ammo conversion mods were anything to go by. Meanwhile the Prova Vandal is just gone forever. Vandals and Wraiths are exclusives, if you weren't there for the events you will NEVER get them again, simple as that.

Meanwhile I'll max my Machete Wraith and put it away in my inventory forever (I would just sell it because it's "tainted" goods for a Corpus supporter such as myself, but i am also a pack rat and a collector, I simply cannot make myself sell an exclusive). I also stopped at 50 points for Corpus, so I won't even get the blueprint for the Brakk, not that I give a damn. That's not something I wanted to work for, so screw it.

The only problem is, the wraiths havent been commented on, so they might reappear later(unconfirmed) while the vandals will NOT be coming back after their initial release(confirmed)

So we might someday see the Strun Wraith or Wraith Machete again, we will likely never see the Vandal Prova again.

The only problem is, the wraiths havent been commented on, so they might reappear later(unconfirmed) while the vandals will NOT be coming back after their initial release(confirmed)

So we might someday see the Strun Wraith or Wraith Machete again, we will likely never see the Vandal Prova again.

I think too many of you are overreacting over the Vandal vs Wraith context. The comments about Vandals never coming back applied to the Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal, which were both released a while back as commemorating weapons. DE has made no mention of the restriction of the later event Vandals such as the Snipetron and the new Prova.

So for these new Vandals, your guess is as good as mine. Practically speaking, it wouldn't make much sense to bring back the Strun Wraith and Machete Wraith and NOT bring back their corresponding Vandals. So either they are all returning, or they are all exclusive.

I'm just going on presented information, and that says Vandals are exclusive and will not be made available again, while nothing has been said about wraiths.

I'll be selling my ill gotten wraith machete and brakk BP and waiting for the day they decide to release the detron on the market or in a later event.

No, I'm not going to level them, no I'm not going to keep them. I appreciate the free weapon slot, but the weapons and BP themselves are tainted and I refuse to accept ill gotten goods from a lopsided, stacked event.

Grineer-0

Corpus 282+

I'm just going on presented information, and that says Vandals are exclusive and will not be made available again, while nothing has been said about wraiths.

I'll be selling my ill gotten wraith machete and brakk BP and waiting for the day they decide to release the detron on the market or in a later event.

No, I'm not going to level them, no I'm not going to keep them. I appreciate the free weapon slot, but the weapons and BP themselves are tainted and I refuse to accept ill gotten goods from a lopsided, stacked event.

Grineer-0

Corpus 282+

Yuou don't get the free weapon slots if you lose.

Grineer-0

Corpus 282+

To each his own. Like Madotsuki, I am the type to hoard exclusives, so I'm definitely keeping the pair. That said, I also totally liked the designs of the Grineer weapons to begin with, so practically no loss to me.

Just make sure you won't regret it somewhere down the line, because it does sound like an impulsive reactionary decision.

I have been thinking about it all week. I put over 30 runs into one of the missions that 'got hacked' and ultimately reset for the grineer. All my time was wasted except for the battle reward.

The event is lopsided, stacked for the grineer and any reward from this event that isnt a corpus reward is ill gotten and tainted. I dont like, trust, or want any gear like that. I'd rather lose 300 master points to not have hack gear.

Detron is coming 100%. Just because you don't get it this event doesn't mean you won't get it later. They even already designed the weapon image!

Darvo was an old boss apparently.

Designing an image does not mean that the weapon exists.

That only means a half 2-D concept of it does.

For all we know the Detron could just be a picture.

Edited by Anarties

They probably had planned for it to go either way while it did look stacked in grineer's favor. The weapons were probably finished some time near the event beginning. They even snuck in the Vectis from the design council out of the poll order so there is really no telling what DE does from hotfix to hotfix. I wouldnt doubt if the detron came out later. I just hope its a proper had cannon not a hand shotgun.

forewarning, My Two Cents:

Imo Events where many runs are required are prime testing ground for features. Let those who put in the effort (and founders) test the features, participate in enough testing and you are rewarded with early access to new equipment. While yes the feature being put to use this time around was Ai and this presented a conflict in which players had to choose sides, I felt where the final outcome decided the results rather than the efforts of the individuals could have been done better. Some people were bitter over the results and we saw three nodes compromised as an extension of this. The Event should have been friendly competition instead of bickering from what i saw. Quickly Introducing 'sides' in a game that really had none should have raised a few red flags. Then again things could have gone worse, show stopping bugs could have come up but they didn't Connections didn't abruptly drop and I didn't have to constantly relog. All in all I'd say DE still made progress with this event even, we have large scale ally AI and fights and now we have combined tile-sets, and I noticed no performance drop. Im just as disappointed I didn't get the weapons I wanted but will still enjoy the new ones.

Soapbox /disengage 

I wish they would make this the blueprint drop for assassinating Alad V or his robo-doge in the future.

Also, can't wait for the Gas City.

And no this isn't an excuse for me to stalk him NOPE NOOOOOOooooope.

Keep telling yourself that. 

I'm planning to "Stalk" him. And by that I mean go after him for my comrades and then stick a Hate where it doesn't belong