Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis Op (Read The Tldr)

shut

I did read all of it, dont assume. Vile Precision is a Corrupted mod, its fine as is IMO.

And there doesnt need to be another tier for Split Chamber, maybe a slight buff to put its max to 100%, but thats it.

Ah, nice to see that you at least read it.

For Vile Precision, the reason that I think it needs a buff/rework is because, as it is, it's completely useless. Looking at every single aspect about the mod (except, perhaps, difficulty in obtaining, to a small extent), it's a direct downgrade to Stabilizer. There is literally nothing that this mod offers that Stabilization doesn't, including mod costs and difficulty in ranking it up. It would be a direct downgrade even without its downside.

As it stands, the only reasons to ever use Vile Precision are if you don't have access to a ranked-up Stabilizer mod (i.e. you don't have it, or you aren't able to rank it up to compare to your current Vile Precision mod as of yet), or to stack the bonuses.

Thing is, stacking is entirely unnecessary, because no Primary weapon (not Gorgon, not Burston, not Hind, not Grakata, not Latron) needs to have recoil decreased further after having 60% of it removed entirely, even in the hands of players who are notoriously poor at handling recoil (such as myself). The only reason why Vile Precision was made in the first place was to act as a counter for Heavy Caliber, and that was the only reason why it was ever used. Now that there is nothing that increases recoil as a side effect to make Vile Precision look any more enticing, the mod's effect on weapons that suffer from recoil the most will be minimal at best, with a downside that greatly hinders the effectiveness of the weapon.

Vile Precision's job right now is to act as a counter to the old-version Heavy Caliber that no longer exists. It would benefit many players, especially Sniper-types, if it were changed to counter Heavy Caliber once again.

Edited by SortaRandom

I did read all of it, dont assume. Vile Precision is a Corrupted mod, its fine as is IMO.

And there doesnt need to be another tier for Split Chamber, maybe a slight buff to put its max to 100%, but thats it.

Well, judging from your justification, the assumption seems valid. Don't take it personally though; people reading the thread are already grouping them into one of the two categories. At least make references to show that you did read, or justify better...

Have you considered that bows being silent and explosive are...contradicting each other? And also, I don't see how Vile Precision being a corrupted mod links to changing from decreasing recoil to decreasing spread links with each other...What I know is, decrease recoil is not really significant since as sniping weapons, the point should be "one-hit-ko", on the forehead or somewhere along the line. Decreasing spread however(I have no idea whether this, should be something to do with accuracy) is more useful since as sniping weapons, accuracy is everything. 

And anchoring on Damage 2.0 for Vulkar to do better is quite a gamble(In fact, a lot of players are also betting everything will change for the better with 2.0. Is it really true?). In any case, the base stats for Vulkar is pathetic, and damage 2.0 might not have a significant impact on it as well.

But, regarding this "Increase the base damage and Critical Chance/Multipliers of the Latron series, to allow them to be built and treated similarly to a faster but weaker Sniper Rifle.", won't it be moving towards a rifle? 

I agree with almost everything, except maybe the Miter. I think this one doesn't belong in the sniper category and should become more spammable and probably have its ammo pool switched to that of the rifles. People have been asking for it to behave more like the Eviscerator version.

And Primed Chamber should just become available for everyone. It has been exclusive for long enough now and it's a bit silly to have a mod that only 100 people in the world have access to (plus those who got it through transmutation before DE fixed that).

I find myself having to agree with the OP. 

I've stated my fair share of powercreep complaints. Soma being a big example. However, Vectis (like Galatine) presents a unique example, a weapon of its class that ISN'T useless. 

Now, balancing the other sniper rifles is not like balancing the other melee weapons. (Melee weapons should be balanced via Mod buffs, i mean seriously..such silly weak bonuses on melee mods) The Lanka, Vulkar, and bows need a serious boost in one thing or another.

Lanka: Faster charge time (an interesting suggestion I saw was an "auto charge" which is essentially a firing delay that comes with audio and visual cues), and a less bright visual effect.

Vulkar: Reload speed or magazine size needs a CRAZY buff. This weapon deserves its low damage, it is the "semi-automatic" sniper rifle in its class, being weak in damage is made up for in magazine size or a faster reload speed to allow for faster shots downrange.

Bows: Silence isn't the only bonus bows should have, bows have a unique property of having "specialized ammo". What does this mean? More exclusive bow mods. Thunderbolt was a positive step, perhaps something that provides acidic or toxic damage or a physics impact affect. C'mon, get some Green Arrow mods up in here.

Edited by AscendantWyvern

All of you people who can't read posts properly are the reason they derail/aren't read so much; OP has to repeat themselves constantly, loses willpower, and the thread falls into the mouths of trolls and fools. Other people see this and leave the thread, which may be (and is in this case) an actually legitimate read.

Learn from your mistakes. Spread the word. let's fix the forums.

Sorry for the rant.

tl;dr Ruk tl;dr's man.

I stand corrected. Sorry

Alternative TL;DR:

"Vectis isn't OP, it's just that everything else sucks, buff everything else and you'll see vectis isn't OP"

I'm not overly fond of your implication, but the very general concept of what you're saying is leaning in the right direction.

Vectis itself is fine, and it's what a Sniping weapon should be in this game. It's the most effective one at taking out high-level enemies in a single hit, in terms of both damage per strike and ease of aiming.

It's a bit like the Galatine of Sniping weapons. It's overpowered compared to its peers, of course, but that's because it's the only one that's truly useful in high-level play (Lanka aside).

-Change Split Chamber from 90% Multishot to 100% Multishot at max rank, possibly with a slight nerf to Serration to compensate.

I don't think DE understood compensation at all when they buffed No Return into Flechette level without even increasing its cost. Besides, Rifle mods really don't owe any compensation. Split Chamber should be buffed, Piercing Hit should be buffed, about 10 other random mods such as stun chance and firerate and mag size should also be buffed.

what a Sniping weapon should be in this game. It's the most effective one at taking out high-level enemies in a single hit, in terms of both damage per strike and ease of aiming

So you're talking about a rigidly defined band where Lanka *can't* kill something in one shot, but Vectis can. Like, somewhere well over level 100 aka "beyond the point where DE stopped actually designing the game".

Because if Lanka can take a target down in one shot then its massively better rate of fire trumps the Vectis' hypothetical higher DPS in all contexts except boss farming.

I flamed on this forum becasue the Synapse is 80% less effective than soma(the original calculations were 60% but those were on average. while playing with it, I realized that the Soma only deals yellow damage with 87.5% crit chance).

I learned 2 weeks ago that clan tech is and will always be less efective than market weapons. Hell, I see that even Prime weapons are worse than new market weapons. I think it's time for you to understand this too.

Yes! It sucks mostly because of the formas that we lost on building the dojo.

Oh and this might sound like I stated that The Vectis is OP.

NO it's not!

Edited by nekrojiji

I flamed on this forum becasue the Synapse is 80% less effective than soma(the original calculations were 60% but those were on average. while playing with it, I realized that the Soma only deals yellow damage with 87.5% crit chance).

I learned 2 weeks ago that clan tech is and will always be less efective than market weapons. Hell, I see that even Prime weapons are worse than new market weapons. I think it's time for you to understand this too.

Yes! It sucks mostly because of the formas that we lost on building the dojo.

Oh and this might sound like I stated that The Vectis is OP.

NO it's not!

I have used and seen Soma with some white dmg numbers with 87.5%

I wish lanka has different levels of charging

1. no charge/tap = accurate but low dmg

2. normal 100% charge = like the normal charged lanka shot

3. overcharge 250% dmg takes twice as long to charge and triple the time between the next shot (kind of overheating)

overcharging should do a small aoe ~roughly 1,5m aoe

that would give the lanka an interesting feel I think and would balance itself out, it's versatile and can do super high peaks but with a big drawback but sometimes you just need that overkill

Edited by Seira-EGT-

Acrid

Ignis

Ogris

Flux

Haha, you shouldn't have put the title as it is then. The content of the post, however, *tears of joy* is beautiful.

A suggestion to buff Latron etc. just make them do AP/Physics Impact damage and give them innate stun. Imo, fits the weapon perfectly.

It wont ever happen.  What guns have been buffed ever? Braton is one...Grakata's crit chance I guess is two...Sobek is three.  But none of these were in response to another weapon being released.

(I guess the Braton was to appease the whiners crying about the Braton Vandal...but whatever)

Damage 2.0 is likely going to buff a large percentage of the arsenal we currently have available to us.