Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: The FPS

Sevek7

I never understood why Warframe players think that people can get motion sickness just from fast paced first person view, you're not going really fast in a moving object like a car, you're seeing everything go really fast on a screen

1 minute ago, (NSW)VenTheWeeb said:

I never understood why Warframe players think that people can get motion sickness just from fast paced first person view, you're not going really fast in a moving object like a car, you're seeing everything go really fast on a screen

Because people can get motion sickness from stuff like that? Its not just warframe though, alot of people can get motion sickness from anything, it's just the fear that warframe would be way more motion sick inducing due to the way some things work. Not just that, but in the off chance that DE does decide to implement it, despite how useless it is, it would be done shoddily. Like new content that comes out broken and buggy.

18 minutes ago, (NSW)VenTheWeeb said:

Motion sickness is a thing in FPS games and much less present in TPS games. There's people that can only play TPS games and cannot play FPS games due to motion sickness.

The reason is that the brain does not accept the movement because it's on a screen and you're not really doing anything yourself. Similar thing happens with car sickness or getting sick on a boat. The brain simply cannot translate this for some people and as such they get sick.

Hope that clears it up.

20 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

Quick story time: I was doing a steel path incursion for that sweet steel essence. Figured I would mindlessly mash WASDE keys for a few extra minutes to get an acolyte to boost my steel essence gain from 3 to 7 (yay for login resource booster!). Discovered something interesting: At a certain place in the Jupiter Sabotage tileset, the camera bugs out and you can pretty much get a first person view if you get the correct angle. See below!

h1ue3pW.jpg

Kind of cool to see a first person view in Warframe! Gives me early 2000's FPS vibes, I think I have some old games to play again :)

Anyway, thought I would share in case anybody found this FPS view funny / interesting.

Lol this bug happened a few times, actually wish there was an option to turn it on 

Archived