Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My ideas for Mellee and Guns changes XD

Silvertap

Just my ideas, ok?!

Fase one:

Make Condition Overload (CO) and Blood Rush (BR) excludents, you can only have one, not both at same build. (there was a time when we used to have at least 4 tipes of mellee buids, Status, Crit, Hybrid and Spin-to-win, this idea is just to bring more variations while nerfing the monster)

Make CO and BR useful in primary and secundary, witch means implanting combo system to guns.

Make an exillus mod called "Auto Piston" Primary or mellee lost 20% strengt but becomes Auto (health for hands pls!).

Make a mod called "Goliath" Mellees get a ridiculous incrise amount of damage for the lower their attack speed are. (more variations for mellee

Fase two:

All Melles Passive: All mellees does 50% less overall damage when you have more than 50% primary and secudary ammo.

Reduce ammo drops by 50%.

(fase 2 will force players to use all their arsenal)

There you go DE, you don't need to thank me. (LMAO) 

I would've made

16 minutes ago, Silvertap said:

Blood Rush (BR)

unusable with any critical rate mod and

17 minutes ago, Silvertap said:

Condition Overload (CO)

unusable with any damage mod, base or otherwise...

19 minutes ago, Silvertap said:

Make CO and BR useful in primary and secundary, witch means implanting combo system to guns.

Melee mods affecting ranged? nope.

The new upcoming "On Kill" mods will do just fine, thank you very much.

20 minutes ago, Silvertap said:

Make an exillus mod called "Auto Piston" Primary or mellee lost 20% strengt but becomes Auto (health for hands pls!).

For ranged firearms, sure. This is actually an interesting one...

21 minutes ago, Silvertap said:

Make a mod called "Goliath" Mellees get a ridiculous incrise amount of damage for the lower their attack speed are.

There is one of that already, its called Spoiled Strike... If you want more, you can always slap a Riven with the exact same benefit/penalty.

22 minutes ago, Silvertap said:

Fase two:

From here, you ran out of gas...

You technically can't dictate what other people would, should and/or could use from their arsenal, even if you slap conditional bonuses.

Take me, for example... I simply hate conditional effects. That's why I've never used Blood Rush, Conditional Overload, Weeping Wounds or any other conditional mod, Melee or ranged weapons. I recognize and accept their benefits, but I simply hate conditionals...

"What about On Kill conditionals?" you might ask...

... Well, I kill stuff, usually run Solo, but the current On Kill mods aren't good enough for me to actually use them on my builds. That's why I want to try out the ones coming with Sisters of Parvos update. Its pretty much the only conditional trigger I accept, despite my obvious hatred for conditional effects.

... Also, I'm under the impression that DE doesn't read General Discussion threads...

6 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

I would've made

unusable with any critical rate mod and

unusable with any damage mod, base or otherwise...

Melee mods affecting ranged? nope.

The new upcoming "On Kill" mods will do just fine, thank you very much.

For ranged firearms, sure. This is actually an interesting one...

There is one of that already, its called Spoiled Strike... If you want more, you can always slap a Riven with the exact same benefit/penalty.

From here, you ran out of gas...

You technically can't dictate what other people would, should and/or could use from their arsenal, even if you slap conditional bonuses.

Take me, for example... I simply hate conditional effects. That's why I've never used Blood Rush, Conditional Overload, Weeping Wounds or any other conditional mod, Melee or ranged weapons. I recognize and accept their benefits, but I simply hate conditionals...

"What about On Kill conditionals?" you might ask...

... Well, I kill stuff, usually run Solo, but the current On Kill mods aren't good enough for me to actually use them on my builds. That's why I want to try out the ones coming with Sisters of Parvos update. Its pretty much the only conditional trigger I accept, despite my obvious hatred for conditional effects.

... Also, I'm under the impression that DE doesn't read General Discussion threads...

Ok, it is you view ^^, i just think diferent in some aspects...

But Spoiled Strike just gives 100% more damage and reduces the speed, it is not what i meant for Goliath.

Primary and Secundary will never be on par with mellee without CO and BR... Unless they are nerfed very hard, or get the same treatment, but since i like then, i chose to do both...

Also now-a-days people don't use CO with Presure Point anymore, so it won't make a diference to make CO excludent with base damage mods, and the same goes for Blood Rush and other crit chance mods, it is almost irrelevant (save some exceptions) IMO.

But everyone has their on view at stuff, it is just ideas right? Also, i do think DE look at foruns, but they are not obligated or inclined to do what we think is right, they have their own plan for things.

1 hour ago, Silvertap said:

Make Condition Overload (CO) and Blood Rush (BR) excludents, you can only have one, not both at same build.

to be honest this on it's own would have a major effect on melee, but also would cause a lot of controversy as a result.

combo system can work well on slow precision-based weapons like snipers, but how are you gonna design a combo system that's also balanced for high RoF guns like Grakata, Soma etc.? there isn't really a one size fits all a solution to guns, hence why DE made both a precision-oriented and a non-precision oriented gun arcane, as well as the one that synergizes with Melee. the precision guns won't benefit much for the non-precision arcane and vice versa. 

you might be surprised,. but if you reduced a snipers damage by 20% - which is not that big a reduction - and made them full auto, they'd be kinda broken to say the least. some weapons are only reigned in by them being a charge-trigger or semi-auto. ultimately you would need a reasonable firecap (the fastest possible fire rate on a semi auto, to the point where even if you press the trigger button faster, you won't shoot any faster.). I believe currently most semi-autos have a pretty high firecap, or will literally always fire as fast as you can pull the trigger, some of them would have to be made automatic, but only able to fire at a fraction of their usual speed.

Make a mod called "Goliath" Mellees get a ridiculous incrise amount of damage for the lower their attack speed are. (more variations for mellee

at that point, most people would just use a heavy attack focused build. don't get me wrong, I think a specific mod for the larger melee types like Heavy Blades and Hammers that does this would be kind of neat,  but speed is the main thing most players want out of melee: even if a melee weapon doesn't have that much raw damage, being able to hit faster means you build your combo faster, afflict status procs faster, and sooner or later you're doing real damage. considering also that Fury/Primed Fury will no longer be compatible with Berserker, for the same reasons stated above, I doubt anyone will go for something like this. melee will feel much slower for many players as it is.

All Melles Passive: All mellees does 50% less overall damage when you have more than 50% primary and secudary ammo.

Reduce ammo drops by 50%.

oof. all this would do is make melee irrelevant and people will just stick to whatever AoE weapon holds the most ammo and does the most damage. the total opposite of "using most of their arsenal", congratulations, you just brought back the old days of melee 1.0.

don't get me wrong, I respect anybody who has serious ideas to contribute to things, but this ain't it. 

Also now-a-days people don't use CO with Presure Point anymore, so it won't make a diference to make CO excludent with base damage mods, and the same goes for Blood Rush and other crit chance mods, it is almost irrelevant (save some exceptions) IMO.

As much as respect your view (which seems to be mutual), hence why I didn't shut yours down while presenting what I would've done, it seems that you didn't quite read what I said carefully.

... Why did you assume I'm talking explicitly and only about Pressure Point?

Just read my post again, please. But this time, do it very carefully and slowly, as many times as you need to properly understand whatever is there...

i do think DE look at foruns

Even that portion, you have completely misinterpreted it what I've said...

... did I say that they don't look at the forums...? If so, show me where.

15 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

So your solution is to remove more choice from the game?

That sounds like something DE would do.

Isnt it how the game is now? Only mellees are great...

My idea is to try to equilibrate primary, mellees and secundaries, also it is just an idea (there are other ways for sure).

Fase two would just make you play with everything u have if u want to reach a optimum playstaly (but there is ways to cheese the system, we have ammo muttations mods and u can also play without guns).

28 minutes ago, Silvertap said:

Isnt it how the game is now? Only mellees are great...

My idea is to try to equilibrate primary, mellees and secundaries, also it is just an idea (there are other ways for sure).

Fase two would just make you play with everything u have if u want to reach a optimum playstaly (but there is ways to cheese the system, we have ammo muttations mods and u can also play without guns).

Just because it’s the way DE does things (even tho they claim it promotes more choice) doesn’t mean we should be encouraging it.

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Just because it’s the way DE does things (even tho they claim it promotes more choice) doesn’t mean we should be encouraging it.

Idk about that, i remember when i started the game it was challenging, last year i put my cousin to play in a raw acc and he didn't have any dificulties, also when i fisrt played warframe it looked like it ofered more variations for effective game play... I mean, at current state at the game we are massively powerfull, and i would like not only an overall nerf but a more balanced mellee and ranged pending more to ranged (it is just my personal preference).

I think DE is just been too "safe" with their choices for the game, they don't want to change much, but little by little the game is becoming another thing, i has already happened a few times in warframe history i think... 

Imo on this...hell no...No to all of this. Ik DE is nerfing stuff, but this actually makes melee weapons useless, when the game is all about choosing how you want to play. If you want all of that, you may as well remove melee weapons altogether. That's you removing choice, and I don't like it. Sorry, but you really missed with this one, and you have gotta go back to the drawing board. These ideas are just awful. I still respect you, we just disagree heavily on this.

2 hours ago, Silvertap said:

Idk about that, i remember when i started the game it was challenging, last year i put my cousin to play in a raw acc and he didn't have any dificulties, also when i fisrt played warframe it looked like it ofered more variations for effective game play... I mean, at current state at the game we are massively powerfull, and i would like not only an overall nerf but a more balanced mellee and ranged pending more to ranged (it is just my personal preference).

I think DE is just been too "safe" with their choices for the game, they don't want to change much, but little by little the game is becoming another thing, i has already happened a few times in warframe history i think... 

the only thing DE is ever “safe” with is buffing things. Nothing can ever just be made good, there always has to be some catch to it. But they’ll gladly render an entire weapon or mod useless simply because enough people like using it. Instead of taking why they liked using it into consideration and applying it to the rest of those weapons.

On 2021-06-27 at 12:43 PM, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

Imo on this...hell no...No to all of this. Ik DE is nerfing stuff, but this actually makes melee weapons useless, when the game is all about choosing how you want to play. If you want all of that, you may as well remove melee weapons altogether. That's you removing choice, and I don't like it. Sorry, but you really missed with this one, and you have gotta go back to the drawing board. These ideas are just awful. I still respect you, we just disagree heavily on this.

Just watch...

11 hours ago, Silvertap said:

Just watch...

The short and sweet of it is that you want to make melee weapons useless. That's what I don't like about it. Even with these new mods, Guns in general will still be garbage and nobody is using a single target weapon when the Bramma or Tonkor will still be a top choice for clearing groups of enemies. Steel path in general now is gonna be a slog, and with the defenses they have, what we used before was already good enough to deal with those enemies. I already don't like that DE is gonna a make the game more tedious, but you're wanting to destroy melee weapons altogether. Hell no. Like I said, I still respect you, but I do not like your ideas whatsoever.

Archived