Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows and Kavats (Beast) & Companions in Steel Path Balance Issue:

XJR15

everyone should play how they like, but...i think if your using your companion to kill things...youre not playing to their strengths.

as of right now...there doesnt seem to be any reason to use any companions besides a smeeta or a vulp. granted...some sentinels still have specific case usages...but for general use and especially for steel path, smeetas (for buffs) and vulps (for martyr and spreading status) are the only ones that are helpful....and def. not for killing things. you should be killing things so fast with your frame/weapons...your companion shouldnt ever really get a chance to kill anything, certainly not enough chances to matter.

4 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Ok, I'll screenshot my Kubrow and Kavat...

Hide contents

Kavat

Hide contents

tfdQCL8.jpg

Kubrow

Hide contents

fnwPq0J.jpg

Now, either my Kavat or Kubrow builds? I can guarantee you that I'm not going to screenshot it.

You're not building for Status Chance, because its impossible on a companion to do that, unless you use a MOA. You're going to use Venom Teeth for shield bypass.

Your next goal is having your Kubrow with 100%+ Critical Chance, and a Critical damage of 9.6x, and you use those dual stat beast mods in order to counter directly their Armor, if applicable, Health or Shield Bypass... Just do the math with the current damage your Kubrow does, and you'll begin to understand why.

"But there is slash" and you can throw that theory out the window because you won't be able to do that reliably with your beast companion.

The exact same thing for your Kavat. It will have more critical chance than your Kubrow but it will not be as strong. Same damage mods, and you can do the math with 6.4x critical damage...

... Damage values example... Well, you can use 3500 damage as an example, as that's pretty much the marked values of my Sunika.

Oh, and another thing...

When you manage to the the same thing with a regular Excalibur, like I do, Solo, without sentinels/companions, and without abilities (including Exalted Blade) and Operator, then you can consider yourself pretty pro at Steel Path survival.

Also, applying forma at least 20 times doesn't add any kind of power, or social status. After applying 10 Forma, once per slot, all following Forma are used to correct polarity mistakes - including the use of Umbra Forma.

Mad respect. Players need to learn how to play not just be spoonfed cos they won't learn a damn thing. People curse me out on the forums every week for having that viewpoint.

Ask one of the youtube sheep to share their build and they will. But ask them to explain WHY IT WORKS and they can't.

4 hours ago, XJR15 said:

Also, if people cant post a pro-build up of their kubrow / kavat killing in steel path against corpus specifically and grineer second heres a 2 hour video of me doing that as Saryn Prime (HOT)!!! for 2 hours, Steel Path Survival!

You're not pro, not even close. And judging from this thread and your requests for builds you also copied the build and strat from someone who knew what they were doing. That doesn't make you a pro. Being pro means you don't NEED to be shown builds because you understand how to make your own effective builds. You claiming your pro status here is like copying the answers to a test off a smart person and claiming to have aced the test 

God, I never thought I'd see people seriously arguing about what defines a "pro" in Warframe. It's a non-competitive PvE power fantasy, folks, you can calm down. Go be sweaty in League or something.

@XJR15, as others have said, pets are best used for damage support and utility rather than primary damage, but if you want to have a primarily direct damage-dealing pet, you can start with Bite and Venom Teeth as a good base - also as mentioned by other posters. There are other 60/60s you can combo with if you choose, and Maul will boost your base melee damage. Sahasas get a finisher damage bonus mod, which you might like; here's a Sahasa build (not mine) that you might try as a base and play around with a little (I'd add Bite in there somewhere, for starters). Hunter Synergy is a mod that will boost your pet's critical chance based on your primary weapon's critical chance, and Sharpened Claws is a kavat-exclusive mod that lowers enemy armor, among other things. I recommend considering these for a foundation and doing a little research into other builds and pet mods out there that you can play around with, and see if it gets you closer to the results you're interested in.

Best of luck, and please, don't listen to these absolute bozos talking about what makes you "ackshyually pro at Steel Path" or whatever else. It genuinely doesn't matter. Warframe has players of a vast diversity of knowledge and ability levels across all the different parts of the game (which, may I remind everyone, is not competitive, nor PvP), and it's just pointless and toxic to make anyone feel bad for their perceived lack of skill. Be proud of whatever you want to be proud of but don't let yourself get tilted by, of all things, other players in Warframe. Just ignore them and move on to better things.

6 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

@Anaktoria

... Just to point out that OP self-appointed himself "pro" first... Might want to take that into consideration because you've just told him to ignore himself...

But, as you said, it doesn't matter. Just wanted to make that point clear.

Precisely. That's why I addressed OP directly - everyone here, including OP themselves, needs to stop worrying about being "pro" in Warframe, whether it's themselves or someone else. It's a totally irrelevant term to this game. Glad you understood!

please community give feedback for buffing companion damage in steel path. so the developers can fix the issue like the arsenal divide for sisters of parvos, which is good.

please stop trolling in this thread.

thank you.

personally they should start with giving companions better mods like MOA the link mods for sentinels and for beasts a weapon slot. thats a good start. so u can better balance damage and defense. for sentinels and beasts. perfect start.

hopefully devs get around to that like the damage issue on primary and secondary weapons in steel path.

peace.

On 2021-06-29 at 3:37 PM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Companions as a whole still need a rework from the ground up: better AI, full ability pass, and for each type to bring something different to the table.

this

Archived