Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Legendary Rank 1 : how to make the reward good

wizardeiges

On 2021-07-27 at 10:38 PM, DrivaMain said:

People find leeching XP to level up their items to increase a number in their profile to be fun and worthwhile?

Legendary Ranks should not have rewards to begin with. Prestige ranks are meant for epeen measurements. Nothing more.

Anything more rewarding into the profile rank system only just turn new players away because of the sheer grind required.

DE basically gave you 100p on rank up and now you want more? Man the greed of people are something huh?

Bold assumption with zero evidence that I don't level any of my weapons through regular play.   Yes I find getting a higher MR level worthwhile and I'll explain why.

Extra ranks give a higher focus pool and a higher daily syndicate rep cap. As always. This is also,as always,very useful if you jump syndicates,buy things from syndicates and or trade things from syndicates. Syndicates are a big part of the game that carry augments both new and old as well as weapons you can only get from them. Not to mention the many things simaris carries as well as every other group like fortuna,cetus,and deimos all with their own items that a increase in daily syndicate rep helps obtain.

Another assumption.  I for one enjoy new mountains to climb and it keeps me playing so I can keep climbing.  It makes all the useless copy paste ARs mean something when they go towards my MR goal. I fail to see how having more things to do that helps improve the game is a bad thing and would push people away from ever playing.

Starting out with a 2k or whatever it was syndicate rep cap was miserable when starting out when there were so many things I wanted from syndicates with an incredibly slow crawl to get there due to daily rep caps.  That almost pushed me away from continuing to play warframe but knowing that a higher  MR could solve that problem made me keep playing.
It became increasingly harder to get a better rep cap as it was required to level not only arch weapons which took forever to level but then also lich weapons that took a insane amount of forma and releveling to get more syndicate rep and also k drives which absolutely sucked to level.  Then the grind was made even more rewarding with the MR 30 rewards.

Shouldn't players efforts be rewarded? or should we all just get nothing or ammo drums for goals that have a increasing requirement to hit goals. The idea that rewards should stop as the mountain gets higher is absolutely silly to me in a game that rewards playing it and collecting.

Legendary cores hold what value they have based on a player controlled market. What is 100p now could be 20p tomorrow. You once again make an assumption that I even need plat.
Also as pointed out in the main post you seemed to have missed,I don't want a core,I want something that seems to fit the rank more.   I'm not "asking for more" when I don't even want the core as I have no use for it, infact  I gave it to a new player,someone who could use it. I mentioned earlier in here that legendary cores are better suited as new player rewards as they're still growing a mod collection. For players that have spent several hundreds if not thousands of hours playing,cores gradually lose purpose due to endo being increasingly easier to obtain and naturally gaining endo through normal play.

I suggested a buff to the blessings personally and or a umbra forma due to a growing arsenal that naturally happens with a higher MR needing more umbra forma,but I've saw other ideas I liked too like cosmetics that display the MR glyph,a legendary core decoration,and various other things.

DE has made a ton of efforts over the years to make gaining endo increasingly easier and easier and easier. 

If greed is wanting the game to be rewarding and for wanting something that requires increasing effort to have increasing reward then I guess i'm greedy. I suppose we're all greedy for wanting to play for rewards beyond our first mk-1 Bo staff. 

20 hours ago, Deminisis said:

Cosmetics would be nice, such as an evolving syandana that displays your mastery symbol on the back.

The core has little value to me. The MR 30 rewards were much better to me than the Legendary 1.

I Would love some new cosmetics! your syandana idea is cool.
Someone in here suggested a legendary core decoration,that sounded cool too. 

On 2021-07-06 at 6:12 PM, wizardeiges said:

A umbra forma bundle would be cool too like MR 30s got for hitting MR 30.

As a returning player... I would be happy with more umbra formas :p

And tbh, allowing us to get umbra formas (or any other reward) per week based on our MR would be cool. This way, MR will not just be a number... and will actually mean something, other than syndicate standing limit.

2 hours ago, DarkSkysz said:

As a returning player... I would be happy with more umbra formas :p

And tbh, allowing us to get umbra formas (or any other reward) per week based on our MR would be cool. This way, MR will not just be a number... and will actually mean something, other than syndicate standing limit.

That'd be pretty cool.
Maybe a NPC similar to little duck where you trade in tokens? some kind of weekly token grant based on MR. 1 token a MR or something and maybe a cap on them to get players to login and spend them instead of hoarding them. 

A lot of people like to complain that MR means nothing but the second you try to give it more purpose they get upset as if warframe has never been about grinding.

I'd be all for a MR token system that grants weekly tokens to be traded for things like umbra forma.

I'd like some time savers as a reward.  If you're MR31, you're clearly invested.  DE could afford to be a little more generous.

Give us an automatic relic cracker, with 1 use per day per rank past 30.  Let players queue up a line of relics to be cracked.

Expand pet breeding so we can still use our Smeeta while rolling for that "OMEGA" Kubrow.

These suggestions, or something like them, wouldn't break DE's bank.  They wouldn't disrupt the forma cash cow.

I reached LR1 last week, and you know what reward that I want (and the reason I grinded for MR30)? Loadout slots. yes I want more load out slots. or please can we get more loadout slots? riven slots always gets max cap raised. but never loadout slots. I just want to make more builds :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2021-08-22 at 3:49 PM, Kolestarol said:

+6 to the riven max cap (180+) would be nice for those of us going the distance.

Gotta buy those slots? No prob, can't throw 120p at DE fast enough. 

Also, in true endgame fashion, something that'll do more with conclave?

I'd love a raised maximum riven capacity,even if I have to buy it. Can't ever have enough slots!  build variety is the spice of weapon play and I want more slots to hold more meme rivens lol.

Archived