Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Legendary Rank 1 : how to make the reward good

wizardeiges

During the current Warframe livestream,Reb stated that legendary rank 1 will give a legendary core.
Not a fan because MR 30s didn't start playing yesterday. Odds are players that high have been playing for quite some time.

How about instead of trying to put in rewards that new players can use at the end of the rainbow you instead put in something that someone who has played the game for years can use more of or something prestige for them?

I would ask that you let each legendary rank achieved allow the player to use a extra font blessing in relays. A umbra forma bundle would be cool too like MR 30s got for hitting MR 30.

I expect this post to get a lot of hate "MR is just a number,anyone can do it!". Cool. That doesn't mean that people who have grinded this for years shouldn't get something on par or close to the  MR 30 reward.  

8 hours ago, Sojufueled said:

I think legendary ranks as a whole are a mistake. MR30 should just be the end of the mastery grind.

Disagree.
Gives us a steady goal to aim towards and a reason to at least try out every weapon.

15 hours ago, wizardeiges said:

I expect this post to get a lot of hate "MR is just a number,anyone can do it!". Cool. That doesn't mean that people who have grinded this for years shouldn't get something on par or close to the  MR 30 reward.  

Small problem with your logic:
Sure the current LR1 players grinded for years...that doesn't mean newer players will have to grind for years now to hit LR1.

I mean hek it took years to hit MR15 simply due to the game not having enough gear to hit that rank for a few years.  Now getting to MR15 can be done in a few weeks without much effort.
It's exactly the same thing with LR1.  It took years simply because the game didn't have enough gear...and the game is constantly getting more and more mastery sources meaning that it just becomes faster and faster to hit LR1 and beyond.

It's just part of the nature of how games like this work.

15 hours ago, wizardeiges said:

I would ask that you let each legendary rank achieved allow the player to use a extra font blessing in relays. A umbra forma bundle would be cool too like MR 30s got for hitting MR 30.

And I have problems with your ideas:
-The number of blessings would have to be capped at some amount and the blessings are kinda pointless with their small buffs and completely ignorable.  No reason to have more of them.  This would be a completely dead reward to a large number of MR30s who never use the blessing function.
-There are only so many frames that can make use of the umbral mods in a decent fashion and slotting them into most of the others doesn't do much even for min-maxed end-game content.  They would just pile up as utterly useless umbral forma gathering dust in a corner.  Further a lot of players have plenty of umbral forma from the steel path shop and are only getting more at a regular interval meaning this reward becomes less and less and less rewarding as time goes on.

Both of these would be utterly dead rewards, and for a fair number of MR30.

Meanwhile a legendary core is at least useful when the next prime mod comes out; or for trading to other players for plat.  You can at least do -something- useful with it.

What is a good reward to you, may not be a good reward to others.

With the logic of "MR30+ played for a while", Umbra Formas no longer have the same value as they did before. I am at a point where they get used on Warframes I don't care about, or I use 3x of them on one.

Higher MR is never going to really be rewarding, and I agree it should have been kept at a hard cap of MR30. Leveling in games generally feel rewarding, if all you're getting is a +1 and nothing else, it's a system that's doing nothing. You're basically just continuously keeping your profile completed, which you can be doing without Legendary ranks being a thing.

On 2021-07-07 at 12:12 AM, wizardeiges said:

Not a fan because MR 30s didn't start playing yesterday. Odds are players that high have been playing for quite some time.

Absolutely agreed.
Legendary Cores are probably not something someone who got to MR 30 needs.

But you know what? I'm fine with that, because it means that I've got no compelling reason to grind for MR fodder anymore.

It's incredibly liberating.

Case in point, I'm not killing myself (or my patience and braincells) farming out any of the Tenet melees. It's simply not worth the time.
Maybe I'll get around to the Sisters or new Kuva weapons next time I have gear to level.

---

9 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Sure the current LR1 players grinded for years...that doesn't mean newer players will have to grind for years now to hit LR1.

I understand what you're saying, but I think you're severely underestimating the mat farm required to build the gear for MR 30.
Spoken as a person who's played multiple characters to mid-twenties MR.

You get a lot of endo as a byproduct.
Edit - Though this might be less applicable as time goes on, if enough more low-req weapons are released.

But yeah, agree with the rest of your post.

In regards to Legendary Ranks

Please just increase the percent of the font blessing by 5% per legendary rank up to a certain point and some ranks increase it by 30 minutes. That would allow us to help others further. 

LR1: +5% total to blessing 

LR2: + 30 minutes to the bless 

LR3: +5% to blessing 

Etc.

This would impact how we help others. 

Giving me a way to help others more effectively would make me want to rank up. Right now, I have more desire not to rank up than anything. 

We literally have to put the same effort to get to MR30 in all over again. Make it MEAN SOMETHING like MR30 did. A permanent boon like being able to bless people was dope. A legendary core is A) Not helpful to us and B) Is not permanent. Giving us improved blessings would make many of us care to rank up. 

22 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

In regards to Legendary Ranks

Please just increase the percent of the font blessing by 5% per legendary rank up to a certain point and some ranks increase it by 30 minutes. That would allow us to help others further. 

LR1: +5% total to blessing 

LR2: + 30 minutes to the bless 

LR3: +5% to blessing 

Etc.

This would impact how we help others. 

Giving me a way to help others more effectively would make me want to rank up. Right now, I have more desire not to rank up than anything. 

We literally have to put the same effort to get to MR30 in all over again. Make it MEAN SOMETHING like MR30 did. A permanent boon like being able to bless people was dope. A legendary core is A) Not helpful to us and B) Is not permanent. Giving us improved blessings would make many of us care to rank up. 

I'd be happy with what you said.
A buff to the MR 30 blessing sounds legitimately useful and not just for new players but players who have been here for a bit because we're always leveling something or grinding something due to new updates giving new gear to go after.

On 2021-07-06 at 10:41 PM, Sojufueled said:

I think legendary ranks as a whole are a mistake. MR30 should just be the end of the mastery grind.

I disagree.
Grinding is one of the biggest things about warframe. I'm here to collect and be rewarded for collecting. 
If we were all here just for  story quests then the game would be a ghost town between updates.

What is a mistake,I feel,is making a high rank reward something that mostly new players and people who don't frequently grind can use on the heels of MR 30 that gave loot that actually was useful to players who have been here for a bit. 

Would you then be in favor of a token system over MR ranking? fill a bar,get a special token that can be used similar to the tokens that murex's do in railjack that can be used in a token shop designed for those specific tokens.
A shop that doesn't require 2k days of logging in or grinding for 2 years straight to obtain every MR piece that is more rewarding because you get to choose what you want instead of having to pass through rewards you don't want to get to something you do want.

Hello ! 

Just become LEGENDARY 1 on switch and oh GOD !!!! such a sadness ......I d'ont understand why DE hates the players that support for games for years that much ...

Seriously ..I just feel like being slapped on the face with a glove  and the problem being i can't fight back .....

I'm utterly  disgusted by this .

Do they only apprehend what kind of invesment it takes for someone playing their game to come this far ?

Understand that without players like use the game will be llloonng dead ? 

I think I just have to chill out andgo do something else ...see ya ...or not 

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Darkpignouf said:

I d'ont understand why DE hates the players that support for games for years that much

Can we stop with this bullcrap for 5 minutes? 

You may not like the reward and it's fair and fine to do so. 

But when did they say that the Legendary rewards would've been something so big and grandious? 

Hell,they're basically giving you 100 pl for free. 

I will not stay here trying to defend a MR reward but the whole "they hate us" is so old and pitiful. 

You know who makes money to DE and every other SH at that? NEW PLAYERS. 

What are they supposed to give you? 5k platinum because what? you levelled up everything in the game? 

The entitlement of it all...

The bronze badge and the displayed number of '1' was a mistake. I hope they correct this. 

As an MR 30, I'm perfectly happy with a Core. However, it does feel thematically more appropriate to buff our blessings instead. Blessings also help lower MR players to catch up, albeit in a small way.

2 minutes ago, Schwitzer said:

The bronze badge and the displayed number of '1' was a mistake. I hope they correct this. 

As an MR 30, I'm perfectly happy with a Core. However, it does feel thematically more appropriate to buff our blessings instead. Blessings also help lower MR players to catch up, albeit in a small way.

Buffing the blessings would be a cool goal to go for. 

il y a 1 minute, (PSN)max141064 a dit :

Without even talking about how EASY it is to actualy reach MR30. 

It has been already proved several times that you literally can do a MR per day and get to MR30 in ONE MONTH.

Nah, they hate us because...i dunno, they just do. 

Tired Charles Barkley GIF by NBA on TNT

Yes you can if well you have quite the money and no live to live xD having a job a wife and children it took me more than 2 years on switch and 2000+ hours of play to farm out everything taht was released if 8 years now ^^

Must be quite a S#&$ty player to have taken so damn much time !

1 hour ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

Without even talking about how EASY it is to actualy reach MR30. 

It has been already proved several times that you literally can do a MR per day and get to MR30 in ONE MONTH.

Nah, they hate us because...i dunno, they just do. 

Tired Charles Barkley GIF by NBA on TNT

Proven by who? people who have already been playing the game for years? people who know where to get just about everything right out of the gate? people who know how to work trade chat to get slots they need? people who know where to balance time,crafting,and waiting to hit MR 30 in 30 days?

We all started knowing nothing about the game and i'd love to see someone who knows nothing about the game get to MR 30 in 30 days.
Learning where to farm for what you need,how to mod properly,fueling dojo costs,cranking out research rooms,working trade chat,chasing eidolons and focus and the lenses with them and the amps,there are so many things to the game I have strong doubts about an inexperienced player knowing immediately in order to jump to MR 30 in 30 days.

Cool,someone who has played for years can speed run the game. Same can be said for any game. You aren't pathetic for taking 30 hours to beat X when someone can beat it in 20 minutes.
A lot of people aren't here to speed run the game as fast as humanely possible. Learning about the game takes a lot of time.

Personally I feel that a buff to blessings per legendary rank would be great as others in here have already stated.  As someone who has been here long enough to learn the game and hit MR 30 I have no use for endo or credits as DE has made it incredibly easy to obtain both over the years while not adding a whole lot that takes either.
They have however made a lot of warframes and continue to make new ones while severely limiting umbra forma. I'd love to be able to put umbra forma on more things but alas,that isn't possible due to umbra forma limitations.   Umbra forma was part of the MR 30 milestone. Why can't it be part of legendary rank milestones?

I would also like to add that I do think that saying DE hates us is pretty extreme and gets us nowhere. I think it's more that DE sometimes misunderstands expectations of long term players and in this case built high expectations with the rewards from MR 30. I love DE but you can't easily say that a legendry core is great on the heels of blessings + a pack of umbra forma + riven slots.
No way would legendary ranks have all of that everytime as that wouldn't be profitable for DE BUT I do have expectations along with everyone else and I've saw many people echo same or similar expectations.

I Feel that DE was onto something great with the MR 30 milestone but then it went downhill with legendary rank 1 by comparison.
I can get 30k endo / legendary core in a few hours. Know what I can't get in that time? umbra forma or a buff to blessings.
I'd even take a 2% buff to blessings. At least it'd feel like i'm progressing and I can grind a little less the more time I put into the game to achieve the next legendary rank.   It's a little funny saying that grinding harder can make you grind a little less.   Oh hey or even different blessings like speed boosts or even vanity like confetti gun shots for fun. It doesn't all have to be something that gives you a 1 up.
Essentially Peculiar mods for legendary ranks would be fun.

You know who makes money to DE and every other SH at that? NEW PLAYERS. 

The entitlement of it all...

Hardly entitlement when they created expectations by giving milestones rewards.
Not all new players give DE money. Not all long term players give DE money. I fail to see what bringing up money proves when both new and old players give DE money. I'd argue that long term player retention is incredibly important as returning customers are a great thing for any business.  

Obviously all of this is opinions. If you're happy with a legendary core then I'm happy for you. 

On 2021-07-06 at 5:12 PM, wizardeiges said:

During the current Warframe livestream,Reb stated that legendary rank 1 will give a legendary core.

True, although I'm not turning a core down given the large number of new large drain mods out there.

How about instead of trying to put in rewards that new players can use at the end of the rainbow you instead put in something that someone who has played the game for years can use more of or something prestige for them?

I definitely agree here. One of the items is "5000" daily focus limit."    0_o   Seriously? Shall I put that with the literal millions of accrued useless focus I already have?  500 Void traces is on par I suppose, but still not the "bee's knees."

So what do we want? Riven spaces! Especially since most of us don't think there should be a cap in the first place. 

You know, sure. but here's the thing... (and don't take this as selfish or what not as I do spend a great deal of time helping others), but I find it hilarious that after all the time I spent maintaining monthly boosters, my big reward was to be able to ...bless other players?  So they don't need to "Pay their dues?" ; and now lower ranks are getting more than their mr cap which progressively decreases to no add on at the top.

This is a HUGE middle finger to those of us who worked the slow grind and played rather than paid our way up.  So here's what I want. I don't want to be able to cast an additional blessing a day. I want MY percentage for that 3 hours to be %50 vs the %25 everyone else gets.  l2 gets %75 and L3 gets 100%.

At L4 then we can talk additional casting time or times.

I completely agree but either way you shake it either a player ground themselves for awhile, OR they paid their way up there.  In any case they're "whales" or investors and deserve recognition.  As it stands the listing of focus suggests the reward structure appreciates the "investor side" unfairly as these players may not have maxed their trees. One last thing.  Remember all that focus I mentioned?  L1 should be able to convert that to riven transmuters.  I am so over doing Eidolons. it's tired and pointless to many of us.  Maybe cap the number you can convert based on Leg rating as a reward, but as it stands it's just sitting there accruing with no purpose once the tree is maxed.

Allow base mod capacity to go past 30, so legendary 1 players can have 64 mod capacity on upgraded level 30 weapons.
This alone would be enough, and it allows introduction of even more end-game mods with higher and higher cost.

9 hours ago, Kripnex said:

Allow base mod capacity to go past 30, so legendary 1 players can have 64 mod capacity on upgraded level 30 weapons.
This alone would be enough, and it allows introduction of even more end-game mods with higher and higher cost.

Basically weapon capacity kuva weapon style but not just on kuva weapons. Not a terrible idea considering how locked in some builds can get,restricting you to a single build.

The amount of people ranking up and then complaining is ashtoning. DE said what you were getting in the patch notes, if you didn't like don't do it. 

I'm refusing to rank up untill they will change prize and symbol.

The logo looks like you are just starting out.. and takes a backward step from MR30..  Make the the Legendary sigil, logo whatever its called stand out from everything else..

This has been built up for awhile and ppl that have put in the time and effort should be recognized..

Increase the font blessing to 50% instead of 25%...

Legendary core is nice but as its been stated previously.. its a bit underwhelming..

The whole idea is to keep ppl playing and shooting for the next thing right??

edit:

Instead of the 1plus diamond. make it MR31... that would be an EASY fix for everything as far as ppl thinking that they are playing with someone just starting out.

How does an MR1 player access ESO anyway..?

I have had MULTIPLE ppl leave when joining a team in ESO because they think they are going to have to carry the MR1 noob.

that doesnt foster any kind of teamwork...

An exclusive animation or other cosmetic could've been nice. In fact, a Legendary Core decoration would've been perfectly appropriate. As someone who's maxed out all of my mods and stockpiled a few Legendary Cores mostly by chance, I don't see that much value in one more besides maybe collection's sake.

To share my input, as someone who got MRL1 last week, and hit my 1100th login day today (never missed a day, so started just over three years ago):

I think the rewards were fine. I just bought all the galvanised mods, it was a free upgrade for one of them.

However, I do have multiple hundreds of thousands of Endo despite not farming for it, and while I only have 10m credits, I know that's once again because I don't farm for it. So I do see why it might be underwhelming. However, I think it's important to note how much we got for hitting MR30. MRL is evergreen stuff really, which is why personally I think the icon should've stayed the same - it does take away from "True Master". So I think that MR30's icon should remain, keep the number changing. That way it'll feel better once you move past MR30.

I'd honestly favour Legendary focus on the Blessings. It kind of makes sense in-lore that "tenno reached legendary status, and expanded their capacility to help others" (I'm no writer, I hope get the idea). However, then we've people who doesn't care about them and want personal stuff, so..

MRL1, 3, 5, ..., x9: individual reward - anything from legendary core, kuva, maybe a skin

MRL2, 4, 6, ..., x0: buffing of the Blessings

Maybe even have 5, 10, 15, ..., 30 be when you do more exciting rewards

Again; I think a legendary core and higher daily limits are fine, but I do think it'd be nice if MRL served a more interesting purpose than that - e.g. 30min longer blessing, 5% increase, etc

Archived