Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the most optimized element for a tenet weapon

Refson

Question

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Refson said:

I need an element that can do mostly everything

Toxin.

Viral, Corrosive, pure Toxin, all great options to have available.

Otherwise, try Heat, it's nice in addition to Viral / Corrosive, and many bosses hate Radiation.

8 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Toxin.

Otherwise, try Heat, it's nice in addition to Viral / Corrosive, and many bosses hate Radiation.

thanks

Due to the Galvanized mods adding the ability to use Condition Overload on most weapons, adding one of the "combined" Elements might be the best, as this can help you maximize the number of elemental statuses you can put on enemies.  This is especially true for weapons with high status chance or fast fire rates, like I assume the Diplos has.

So for example, you could make a build for the Diplos that has (element) as well as modding in Viral + Heat.  I'm hearing good things about Magnetic since that adds some effectiveness against shielded enemies like the Sisters, though I haven't tried it yet.

58 minutes ago, Olofthefarmer said:

How can i put on an Element? 

Weapons you get from Kuva Liches or Sisters of Parvos have an elemental bonus automatically applied to them when the weapons are made.  You can't choose the size of the bonus (that's random) but you can choose the type; the Element depends on which Warframe you are using when the Lich/Sister is created.  For example, Ember and Protea give Heat, while Grendel gives Toxin.  You can find tables that show the full list on the Warframe wiki.

9 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Weapons you get from Kuva Liches or Sisters of Parvos have an elemental bonus automatically applied to them when the weapons are made.  You can't choose the size of the bonus (that's random) but you can choose the type; the Element depends on which Warframe you are using when the Lich/Sister is created.  For example, Ember and Protea give Heat, while Grendel gives Toxin.  You can find tables that show the full list on the Warframe wiki.

Ahh i see thank you so much, Is there a way for me to say the amount of boost i have tho? 

6 minutes ago, Olofthefarmer said:

Ahh i see thank you so much, Is there a way for me to say the amount of boost i have tho? 

It's shown on lich screen. And when you already have the weapon, go to arsenal, choose that weapon. Click on weapon again to see it's description. Percentage and element is at the end of description. 

No. But you can farm up additional versions of the same weapon, and use valance fusion to meld them together, the weapon then gets the higher value + 5% or something like that.

Edit - I may have misunderstood your question, but my response may also help. Just realize that they max out at 60% so you can never get higher than that.

On 2021-07-08 at 3:49 PM, NinjaZeku said:

Toxin.

Heat is actually better, you need less mods to get viral, and then you finish it with a heat proc. Corrosive is not nearly as relevant as it once was. I would go heat over toxin, though toxin is serviceable, you'll just be using more slots trying to get viral/heat stats. 

The only place viral is not as useful is Deimos, and honestly an okay weapon will still eat through the mobs there. I've never had a problem using viral heat there.

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Heat is actually better, you need less mods to get viral

Heat = two Mods to get Viral.

Toxin = one Mod to get Viral (or even none in the case of Envoy lol).

heat proc

That's often nice, yet also often unnecessary (possibly even counterproductive)
if you're shredding Armor'd doods with Viral + HunMun.

Corrosive is not nearly as relevant as it once was.

Sure, but like you said, Cambion Drift is a thing, plus whatever else DE decided / will decide to slap Viral proc immunity on.

A Sentinel spewing forth Viral (and Heat) procs already will also lessen the impact of Viral on your weapon.

Furthermore, you kind of ignored the pure Toxin option, which will melt Corpus quite nicely.

11 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Heat = two Mods to get Viral.

Toxin = one Mod to get Viral (or even none in the case of Envoy lol).

That's often nice, yet also often unnecessary (possibly even counterproductive)
if you're shredding Armor'd doods with Viral + HunMun.

Sure, but like you said, Cambion Drift is a thing, plus whatever else DE decided / will decide to slap Viral proc immunity on.

A Sentinel spewing forth Viral (and Heat) procs already will also lessen the impact of Viral on your weapon.

Furthermore, you kind of ignored the pure Toxin option, which will melt Corpus quite nicely.

Yes if you just want toxin then you don't even need to use any mods. However, otherwise, you will need more mods than with heat to get viral, as I said. And viral/heat is most often used and the best combination currently. 

Cambion Drift is the only place it matters, so you end up having to flip to three mods if you change it for others places (and you'd want to) plus having to switch stuff in and out anyway, which is tedious and easy to forget. Even with viral, the Cambion Drift mods, (even on a tier 5 bounty,) crumble fast enough that it doesn't matter.

My sentinels are generally viral/heat also, and again, I don't notice a difference, and heat will stack up to a certain amount. 

I did run corrosive for awhile because of Deimos, and I felt (no testing to be fair, just in the field use) that it underperformed since it was nerfed. It just isn't very good anymore. 

Archived